Italian Restaurant Soi 11 Bangkok

I was in this restaurant last week and had ordered when some older farangs came in with a couple of young guys and two dogs - yes fuc_king dogs!! One was a Labrador which ran over and ate bread from my side-plate before it was dragged away without any apology. They had a small rat sized dog with them which sat on a chair at the table and ate from the table while the Labrador had to jump up and was allowed to eat from the plates on the Table.

I cancelled my food drank up and asked for my bill - the owner or partner an Italian guy called Vito, told me they were "powerful lawyers" and there was no law against dogs eating from the table !!!! I took a picture on my phone as I could not belive what had occured - unbelievable.

post-83108-1248405477_thumb.jpg

Really strange!I am not condoning,but i understand the owner,he's between two fires.I run a small business for fun and i don't care about profit,lawyers or not,i would not allow that in my place. :)

short sighted owner, no wonder i hardly see anyone in that place.

if he feels the need to feed the fetishes of some 60 year old nutbags, then close the restaurant to the public.

in the west he would get shut down for that - here I suspect he gains face from it.

A dog restaurant.

Amazing Thailand.

maybe the Tourist Authority would promote this to get some more numbers here - it makes more sense than some of their schemes :)

They should come up with a program.. say....hmm.. an Elite Card ? That would get them into the dog best spas, dog resorts, dog massages. Even throw in a few cats to chase. That would be a winner.

Visited a Farang bar (which serves food) in Nong Khai last week and we counted 7 dogs inside including one with a litter of pups, there were any number of dogs outside, the place stank. A quick beer which had been ordered before seeing what was going on BUT never again.

The locals will know which one I'm refering too! Didn't stay long enough to hear him complain about the lack of punters like the others are doing, for sure he'll have to wait much longer for an upturn in his economic fortunes.

Visited a Farang bar (which serves food) in Nong Khai last week and we counted 7 dogs inside including one with a litter of pups, there were any number of dogs outside, the place stank. A quick beer which had been ordered before seeing what was going on BUT never again.

The locals will know which one I'm refering too! Didn't stay long enough to hear him complain about the lack of punters like the others are doing, for sure he'll have to wait much longer for an upturn in his economic fortunes.

In Nong Khai? - maybe the dogs were on the menu?

I think I know where this place is.... there's excellent Italian food to be had just a few yards up the soi at Limoncello. Some other excellent bars and restaurants along the soi too - no need to go to this kind of place which allows people to bring their pets in with them.

-----------

In Nong Khai? - maybe the dogs were on the menu?

That's Sakon Nakhon about 150km South East. My favorite street vendors buying the soi dogs for a plastic bucket operate out of there.

Had a delicious sandwich at Smoothie Blues in Chiang Mai with my wife the other day and low and behold... a foreigner and his girlfriend came in with two fairly large dogs and sat down. We we're sitting in the open air but covered section. The dogs we're tied up at a chair adjacent to our table. I was a bit taken aback at first but the dogs we're very well trained and behaved.

I'm not a dog lover and don't allow them in my place and there is certainly no comparison to the OP's post. However these dogs IMO most definitely added to the convivial ambience of the restaurant.

Just depends on the place, I suppose.

Regards Bojo

• 2 weeks later...
Had a delicious sandwich at Smoothie Blues in Chiang Mai with my wife the other day and low and behold... a foreigner and his girlfriend came in with two fairly large dogs and sat down. We we're sitting in the open air but covered section. The dogs we're tied up at a chair adjacent to our table. I was a bit taken aback at first but the dogs we're very well trained and behaved.

I'm not a dog lover and don't allow them in my place and there is certainly no comparison to the OP's post. However these dogs IMO most definitely added to the convivial ambience of the restaurant.

Just depends on the place, I suppose.

Regards Bojo

you may not say that if the muts took a shit while you were eating - I think dogs need to keep out of Restaurants where people are eating

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
A dog restaurant.

Amazing Thailand.

maybe the Tourist Authority would promote this to get some more numbers here - it makes more sense than some of their schemes :)

They should come up with a program.. say....hmm.. an Elite Card ? That would get them into the dog best spas, dog resorts, dog massages. Even throw in a few cats to chase. That would be a winner.

You guys are on to something here, but I think we finally see Thailand's real "HUB" opportunity -- perhaps one that's more realistic than being the education hub, telecommunications hub, Asian financial hub, and all the other "hub" possibilities that have been laughingly suggested by the honored members of gevernment. They should shoot for being the Dog Restaurant Hub of Asia, maybe even the world.

Dogs eating on or at the table is a little strange. But as long as it is not on my table also -mai be lai- for me.

SINCE I KNOW (G0T TO KNOW) THE PEOPLE, I LOVE THE ANIMALS.

It was a Farang group who had the mutt not Thai's

What difference does that make? It was the owner who allowed it.