How To Transport Motorbike From Bangkok To Pattaya

Thaiboxer1

Found a motorbike out in Bangkok and would like to transport back into Pattaya.

Any idea how to go about it besides taking a chance and riding the bike back?

Delivery companies in Bangkok?

Plus, do I need to transfer ownership from Bangkok into Pattaya?

How about the license plates?

Found a motorbike out in Bangkok and would like to transport back into Pattaya. 

Any idea how to go about it besides taking a chance and riding the bike back?

Delivery companies in Bangkok?

Plus, do I need to transfer ownership from Bangkok into Pattaya? 

How about the license plates?

Take a baht bus up and chuck in the back of that.

Have you asked the shop if they can deliver it?

I take it that it's a big bike? Maybe they can use a mechanic who's familiar with riding big bikes to deliver it for you.

It is a bit daunting taking a new bike onto the BKK roads for the first time and something that I don't like experiencing.

I hope you find a solution.

Not sure about transfering plates. I'm living in BKK but my bike plate says PhatumThani. In six years of owning the same bike, which is in my name, I've never had any problem whatsoever.

Edited by Gazza

You have to go to the Dept. of Transport Office in Bangkok if the bike is Bangkok registered to transfer it into your name. Then to change it to Chonburi you have to do this in Chonburi. You cant do this in Banglamung.Its not that hard , i had to do this with my car. Then you just pay your yearly tax/ rego in Banglamung. To strictly abide by the law the registration should be in the province you live , but many people do not do this. The only drawback is if you keep it Bangkok registered you have to go there each year to pay your yearly tax/rego. Remember before you go off to Bangkok to do the transfer, you have to go to soi 8 immigration to get the piece of paper that states where you live.Also bringing the bike back on the train might be an option.

You have to go to the Dept. of Transport Office in Bangkok if the bike is Bangkok registered to transfer it into your name. Then to change it to Chonburi you have to do this in Chonburi. You cant do this in Banglamung.Its not that hard , i had to do this with my car. Then you just pay your yearly tax/ rego in Banglamung. To strictly abide by the law the registration should be in the province you live , but many people do not do this. The only drawback is if you keep it Bangkok registered you have to go there each year to pay your yearly tax/rego. Remember before you go off to Bangkok to do the transfer, you have to go to soi 8 immigration to get the  piece of paper that states where you live.Also bringing the bike back on the train might be an option.

You don't have to travel to BKK to renew yearly reg. I and several friends in same situation simply give book to local ins. agent. Costs 65 bht extra. My letter conf. address from local police[free] states I live up-country.

BKK to Pattaya shipping could be done by:

Train - Take to train station in BKK and is really cheap. Ask at train staion about cost and prep for mbike.

Bus - Can take on public bus but must take hours of prep work. Drain petrol and let gas evaporate. Remove mirrors. They will place in cargo hold upright on main kick stand and up against the front wall of hold.. Cost B800.

BahtBus

Hire a taxie driver to drive bike or just to lead you all the way to Pattaya on Bike.

Best of Luck

LLL

If you plan to operate from Pattaya and do not wish to travel or as someone suggested send the green book to Bkk each year, yes you have to transfer it from Bkk to Pattaya.

You will need to take the bike with the green book into the Bkk (wherever it is currently registered) Land Transport Office (rego office).

(In my case I was living in Nonthaburi and purchased the bike from a farang who had moved up to Bkk but the bike was still registered in Petchburi and no matter what or who you may think you know, off to Petchaburi I went with the bike as they (petchaburi LTO) had to physically clarify chassis & engine numbers).

1.They will check the chassis number and the engine number.

2.You will also need to provide proof of where you live either from your embassy

or from Thai immigration.(NB Give them a photo copy)

3.Copy of your passport ID & visa page.

4.Copy of bill of sale.

5.You also need copy of either tabian ban (if bought from thai) or copy of sellers ID & visa page if bought from farang.

6.You will then need to fill in Thai transfer paperwork which has to be signed by

both buyer & seller.

Do not forget to sign all the copies of your ID & visa plus the seller must also sign the copies of his ID & visa.

After you pay the apprpriate transfer fee the LTO will then forward their office copies of the bike paperwork to where you nominate in this case Pattaya, and give you a temporary transfer cert.

When you go into the Pattaya LTO with your bike and green book they will check the chassis number and engine number and you are required to fill in their transfer paperwork show proof of where you live once again either from your embassy or Thai immigration(NB give them a photo copy).

A copy of your passport ID & visa.(Once again dont forget to sign all copies of documents).

You pay another fee and they require you to hand in the Bkk number plate and they will issue a Pattaya number plate.

From there on in Bob's your uncle, hopefully I have not left out anything, I know it sounds convaluted but believe me it is the minimum requirement since they cleaned up the department and honestly its not as difficult as it sounds.

Happy cycling Mijan24 :o

Edited by mijan24

If you plan to operate from Pattaya and do not wish to travel or as someone suggested send the green book to Bkk each year, yes you have to transfer it from Bkk to Pattaya.

You will need to take the bike with the green book into the Bkk (wherever it is currently registered) Land Transport Office (rego office). 

(In my case I was living in Nonthaburi and purchased the bike from a farang who had moved up to Bkk but the bike was still registered in Petchburi and no matter what or who you may think you know, off to Petchaburi I went with the bike as they (petchaburi LTO) had to physically clarify chassis & engine numbers).

1.They will check the chassis number and the engine number.

2.You will also need to provide proof of where you live either from your embassy

or from Thai immigration.(NB Give them a photo copy)

3.Copy of your passport ID & visa page.

4.Copy of bill of sale.

5.You also need copy of either tabian ban (if bought from thai) or copy of sellers ID & visa page if bought from farang.

6.You will then need to fill in Thai transfer paperwork which has to be signed by

both buyer & seller.

Do not forget to sign all the copies of your ID & visa plus the seller must also sign the copies of his ID & visa.

After you pay the apprpriate transfer fee the LTO will then forward their office copies of the bike paperwork to where you nominate in this case Pattaya, and give you a temporary transfer cert.

When you go into the Pattaya LTO with your bike and green book they will check the chassis number and engine number and you are required to fill in their transfer paperwork show proof of where you live once again either from your embassy or Thai immigration(NB give them a photo copy).

A copy of your passport ID & visa.(Once again dont forget to sign all copies of documents).

You pay another fee and they require you to hand in the Bkk number plate and they will issue a Pattaya number plate.

From there on in Bob's your uncle, hopefully I have not left out anything, I know it sounds convaluted but believe me it is the minimum requirement since they cleaned up the department and honestly its not as difficult as it sounds.

Happy cycling Mijan24 :o

Hey Mijan,

Thank you for the detailed info...saving this one on hard copy...thanks again to all u guys for the help!

Cheers,

Thaiboxer1 :D

Thaiboxer

No probs hope it helps, one thing I did not say was that if you leave the vehicle registered in the previous location you may experience problems come rego renewal time.

As I said recently I transferred my bike rego from Petchburi to Nonthaburi, when I renewed the rego went though what I thought was the standard procedure. (I was not asked to have the bike checked for roadworthy).

This week I went to renew my car rego which by choice I have left registered in Udonthani and one of the steps was to go next door and pay baht 150 for a roadworthy check. ( they told me it is required for both bike & car).

As they say this is THailand and in this case it would have been useless sending the blue book to have the renewal done as the car had to be physically checked and both chassis & engine number verified???

Mijan24 :o

Bike reg. in BKK and live up-country. When renewing this year local ins. agent verified frame and eng. nos. Masking tape stenciled over nos and attached to book. Bikes over 5 yrs. have to do this. Book came back 3 days later no problems.

Bike reg. in BKK and live up-country. When renewing this year local ins. agent verified frame and eng. nos. Masking tape stenciled over nos and attached to book. Bikes over 5 yrs. have to do this. Book came back 3 days later no problems.

ajahnlau

Thanks that explains why (bike only 3 years old) I did not need check by nonthaburi this time but will do in future.

Was not sure if they would accept the check being done elsewhere? It just means where there is a will there is a way.

Regards

Mijan24 :o