Thai Airbus A330-300 Aircraft

halarpohala

06/30/1994. A330 crashed due to pilot error, not counting the last Air France crash the total number of A300 series planes involved in crashes/incidents stand at 33.

The A330 is not a 300 series. The two aircraft are years apart in development and completely different airframes and control systems.

A330/340 = Two and four engine versions of basically the same aircraft.

A300/310 = Same basic aircraft in different variations.

A320/321/319/318 = All A320 series.

Edited by cdnvic

Perhaps you just better not fly mate, you could look into the history of almost every kind of aircraft designed on the planet and find a fatal crash and start speculating that this could happen on any upcoming flight you might be on.....

thanks mate. just paranoia? still, it's not just any old fatal crash but one that both airbus and air france say was probably due to a correctable equipment problem.

Yes, and that was the only fatal crash ever of an A330 in airline service. Despite that crash only one airliner, the 777 boasts a better safety record. (A380 not being counted as few are in service yet)

Keep it in perspective.

06/30/1994. A330 crashed due to pilot error, not counting the last Air France crash the total number of A300 series planes involved in crashes/incidents stand at 33.

omg- every airbus is in the 300 series.... like every boeing is in the 700 series. clueless

The A330 is not a 300 series. The two aircraft are years apart in development and completely different airframes and control systems.

A330/340 = Two and four engine versions of basically the same aircraft.

A300/310 = Same basic aircraft in different variations.

A320/321/319/318 = All A320 series.

I think you totally missed the point, you quoted the Air France recent crash as the only one of the A330

series and your wrong, my point was simply to say for the benefit of fliers who dont know the difference between one version or another how many planes had crashed and if you really want to know how many in all the A planes then my figure of 33 is correct.

omg- every airbus is in the 300 series.... like every boeing is in the 700 series. clueless

Coming from an aussie I wouldn't even bother to dignify that with an answer, assuming of course you could understand one.

I think you totally missed the point, you quoted the Air France recent crash as the only one of the A330

series and your wrong, my point was simply to say for the benefit of fliers who dont know the difference between one version or another how many planes had crashed and if you really want to know how many in all the A planes then my figure of 33 is correct.

I said there was only one fatal crash of an A330 in airline service and this is correct.

You are one of those people that don't know one version from another. There is no "A" planes and your comments on Australians is laughable because it is you who has made a complete fool of himself here, which could have easily been avoided had you looked things up before shooting your mouth off.

Go to these sites and read some facts.

http://www.airbus.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A300

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A320

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A330

Then maybe you could join the conversation without making a fool of yourself. :D

Edit: While you're at it, take time to look up the Boeing "B" series. :)

Edited by cdnvic

Unless you have some clue about what you are talking about why bother posting?

Actually, there is 6 777-300's, and they are not old at all (they are all between 8 and 10 yrs old), 4 of them have been refitted with new products, including PTV in economy class. The aircraft with new products are: HS-TKA, HS-TKB, HS-TKC, HS-TKF. Another one is now out of service and being refitted, so if you are on a 773 you have an 80% chance of new product. And 95% if your 773 is operating to Australia (they try to ensure the new refitted 773 aircraft are on the SYD/BNE flights).

Thai have a large fleet of 14 Airbus A330-300 aircraft, they have started taking delivery of new ones this year, so far 2 have been delivered. These newly delivered aircraft have all new products with PTV in economy class. The 2 new aircraft as HS-TEN and HS-TEO. It is intended to operate the new A330's on Japan and Australia services.

Thai Airways has been operating a long time and Airbus is always in consultation with operators of its aircraft. If Airbus issues a directive to its operators requiring them to change the pitot tubes then airlines around the world will do so. The last thing any airline wants is a crash. The final reports about the AF447 disaster have not been released, there is no need to speculate in advance.

For the poster asking about PTV's to Bali, todays service was operated by a B773, HS-TKA, with new products in economy including PTV. However, if your flight is on an Airbus A330, the chances are slim that PTV's will be available, unless you happen to score HS-TEN or HS-TEO. You can see the registration numbers on the nosewheel doors when you are in the gate area at BKK.

Very very unprofessional language.

I was just trying to help out a fellow poster and you single me out?

http://www.thaiair.com/thai-services/in-th...DF/B777-300.pdf

http://www.thaiair.com/thai-services/in-th...DF/A330-300.pdf

777-300 3 out of 6 are fitted with PTVs in economy class.

As for which aircraft is used for which flight I do not know.

A330-300 2 out of 14 are fitted with PTVs in economy.

Which planes are used for which flight I do not know.

Very very unprofessional language.

I was just trying to help out a fellow poster and you single me out?

http://www.thaiair.com/thai-services/in-th...DF/B777-300.pdf

http://www.thaiair.com/thai-services/in-th...DF/A330-300.pdf

777-300 3 out of 6 are fitted with PTVs in economy class.

As for which aircraft is used for which flight I do not know.

A330-300 2 out of 14 are fitted with PTVs in economy.

Which planes are used for which flight I do not know.

the 4th 777-300 to be refitted HS-TKF is already back in service as per my post. So, the above info you have posted is again incorrect, even if the Thai website has not yet been updated (they are not particularly fast at updating these things). Sorry if you were offender by my unprofessional language .

• 2 weeks later...

There is now evidence to support the position that the AB 330 does have a safety issue.

As part of Delta's purchase/merger with NWA, Delta reviewed the archived flight safety info from the NWA fleet it was taking over. It has been reported by reliable news sources that Delta advised the US NTSB and that further investigation shows that there are issues with the Thales manufactured equipment. As investigators go back to examine flight mishaps it is being reported that malfunctioning equipment was linked to various incidents, the most recent being in June with a n NWA AB 330 that lost control.On June 23, AP reports that "a Northwest flight hit rain and turbulence while on autopilot outside of Kagoshima, Japan. According to an NTSB report, speed data began to fluctuate. The plane alerted pilots it was going too fast. Autopilot and other systems began shutting down, putting nearly all the plane's control in the hands of the pilot, something that usually happens only in emergencies. In May, a plane belonging to Brazilian company TAM Airlines lost airspeed and altitude data while flying from Miami to Sao Paulo, Brazil. Autopilot and automatic power also shut down and the pilot took over, according to an NTSB report. The computer systems came back about five minutes later."

Up until now airlines were swapping out old Thales parts and putting new ones in. The problem is that there may very well be a design flaw so that swapping won't help. Two of the three sensors are supposed to be replaced woth the Goodrich components.

And now for what scares me; Thai Airways has not made a public statement about its remediation plan, nor has it announced that it has purchased the Goodrich parts. For those that fly on the HKT BKK route, this is of concern because the AB 330 is a mainstay. When I say public statement, I mean a filing that would be declared in its filed documents as a public company. What I have heard is a lot of yes we take this seriously and have responded appropriately, but still nothing definitive.

Of course I could be worrying for nothing since it is also reported that only 25% of Airbuses were equipped with the Thales equipment and the air carrier client selected the equipment. The more expensive Goodrich was an option. However, if that's the case, and if all of the aircraft reporting isses were Thales equipped, then its a no brainer.

Edited by geriatrickid