Is It A Good Time To Move To Thailand

lumply

hi there,

Bangkok is way larger than Dubai and there are a lot of decent/cheap/cheerful suburbs. Depending on where you work whilst in thailand (at home?) there are places out in Pathum Thani, Samut Songkran that are lovely. None of the trekking from Ajman to Jebel Ali for you my man, just a nice river and a paddy field.

of course, if you want central bangkok, then that is different. Prices are steep, pollution and traffic worse than Bur Dubai!

Chiang Mai is a possibility with lots of cheap flights to the airport taking about an hour...

Enjoy.

Definately yes...IF you are capable of accepting the plethera of things that would make you foam at the mouth in your native country. If not....no. It's pretty crazy here on a day to day basis.

Bangkok SUCKS! IMHO. Just my opinion as I grew up in the countryside and now live in the countryside in Thailand. 1 hour of Bangkok's fine air and I'm coughing, choking and spitting out.... well, maybe too much info if I continue with that!

If you can afford to stay here for a year, renting somewhere, without giving up too much, I would suggest that.

Good luck.

Agree with that, try before you buy. Every Country has it's good and bad points, I have been here for 7 years and don't regret it. Do some things p_ss me off on a daily basis? yes. But you can always sign onto TV and gripe about them with everyone else :)