Gold Classified In "satang"

MichaelSong

I intend to buy a gold bracelet for my wife , and she expresses the weight by "satang".

Does anyone know how may gram gold this means, how many carat , and what I would pay for a bracelet of one , or two "satang" ?

Thanks,

Michael

I intend to buy a gold bracelet for my wife , and she expresses the weight by "satang".

Does anyone know how may gram gold this means, how many carat , and what I would pay for a bracelet of one , or two "satang" ?

Thanks,

Michael

She is testing you to see if you are cheap charlie, generally wives expect no less than 1 baht in gold at a time... :)

Weight

One baht Thai gold is equivalent to 15,244 grams before it is worked up. After the work the weight should be equal with or more than 15,16 grams, to still be termed as one baht gold. (To simplify it, one baht of gold normally is termed as 15,2 grams)

One or two 'satang' would be small indeed (100 satang to a baht). 50 satang is small, with 25 satang being the smallest I know of being sold by goldshops.

Thanks,

Michael

She is testing you to see if you are cheap charlie, generally wives expect no less than 1 baht in gold at a time... :)

A ring can be 1 or 2 salang, bracelets are usually counted in baht weight.

Thai gold is not count in carrots, 96.5% is considered jing.

4 salung = 1 baht

1 baht = 15.16 GRAMS

http://www.thaibahtgold.com/

Edited by Garry9999