Non Imm O Multi Visa

Sorry if Ive hijacked this topic, didnt want to start new one on a very similar topic.

....Ok so heres my question just to confuse things futher :D

I came to thailand last year on a non immigrant mutliple O visa - based on visiting firends, family etc issued at hull (Im from the UK)

Feb 09 i got a non immigrant B visa from penang, this expires in Nov 09.

Now in Nov 09 my visa expires, but i am no longer working for the company I got this for, so want to go back on a non O multiple when i need to get a new visa.

I was hoping I could get this from penang...do u think I should be ok, since I have only ever had 1 TV before and 1 non B? Also if i can get my new visa here, I dont need to show details of my financial situation do I, as I want the visa based on visiting ? or am I wrong.

I have emailed the consulates in malaysia, and also thought Id try Hull..but thats to see if I have to go back to the UK for the visa but suprise suprise no reply :)

Sorry if Ive hijacked this topic, didnt want to start new one on a very similar topic.

I came to thailand last year on a non immigrant mutliple O visa - based on visiting firends, family etc issued at hull (Im from the UK)

Now in Nov 09 my visa expires, but i am no longer working for the company I got this for, so want to go back on a non O multiple when i need to get a new visa.

I was hoping I could get this from penang...do u think I should be ok, since I have only ever had 1 TV before and 1 non B? Also if i can get my new visa here, I dont need to show details of my financial situation do I, as I want the visa based on visiting ? or am I wrong.

I have emailed the consulates in malaysia, and also thought Id try Hull..but thats to see if I have to go back to the UK for the visa but suprise suprise no reply :)

No embassy in Asia will give you an non-O without being marreid to a Thai or having Thai children. Your best bet is Either going to Europe or Australia to get a new visa, based on visiting family and friends.

Are you on a non-B multple or on an extension of stay from immigration? if you are on an extension of stay from immigration you have to leave the country the same day your emploment ends.

I have made this a separate topic as it is not about Tourist Visas from Penang.

As Joe said the nearest option is Perth or Brisbane. OR a Double Entry Tourist Visa from Vientienne that would give you almost 6 months with extensions and a border run in the middle.

My visa is a Mutiple Entry B Visa - states it is good for 2 journeys to Thailand.

Is it possible to get an extension on the B visa for 6 months? Or am I applying for a Double Entry Tourist Visa ?

All so complicated, just want to get it right.

Can you please provide a scan (covering any personal information) - as there is no visa that is issued for 9 months that I have ever heard of and a multi should not be limited to two entries. It just is not making any sense. Such a visa only allows a 90 day stay so can not cover from Feb to Nov. If you had an extension of stay it ends the day your employment ends and you may be on overstay.

An extension on a B visa would require a work permit and company paperwork.

oops think i have re-worded this wrong.

when i came here i had a non imm. O for 12 months. But I then got a job, I couldnt work on my O visa so had to change it, and have a WP

I was first given a 3 month B visa in penang then a 6 month, which is what i have now, which expires in November. My now ex-employer, said it was ok to stay on my B visa untill it runs out

this is why in November i will need a new visa, but am and still wont be working so need a O visa.

So you are here on a 90 day visa entry? If that is the case you are OK and can use the second entry (although did not know Penang ever issued such a visa).

But you will not obtain a new O visa closer than Perth.

You can work with an O Visa. There was no need to change.

Since when can you work & get a work permit on an O Visa??

I believe OP obtained a 90 day B visa from Penang & then a double entry B visa which makes up the 9 months.

You have always been able to work with a Non O Visa if you have a Work Permit.

Plenty of people have a Non O based on their marriage and work.

The requirement for obtaining a Work Permit is a Non Immigrant Visa Department of Employment.

You can work with an O Visa. There was no need to change.

Since when can you work & get a work permit on an O Visa??

I believe OP obtained a 90 day B visa from Penang & then a double entry B visa which makes up the 9 months.

You have always been able to work with a Non O Visa if you have a Work Permit.

Plenty of people have a Non O based on their marriage and work.

The requirement for obtaining a Work Permit is a Non Immigrant Visa Department of Employment.

So you have to be married to a Thai? My O visa says Employment Prohibited. I know the OP is half of an English couple and had the same visa.

The non-O visa is given for many reasons, one of them is being married to a Thai national.

The stamp means nothing more than that you are not allowed to work without a work permit! Once you have a Work permit you are allowed to work, regardless of the stamp. I beleive I have the same stamp in my old passport.

correct I am with another english person not married to a thai, and my O clearly states employment prohibited.

so now back to the original question what do I do in November 2009, do i go to laos? if i am not able (for personal reasons) to go back to the UK yet to apply for a new O visa, if so what visa do i appply for in my situation?

or is the only way i can remain in thailand legally to go back to england and get a new 'O'

cheers..... :)

Not being married to a Thai and not working it seems you only have the option of going to vientianne and ask for a double entry tourist visa. That means you can travel to Thailand, get a permission to stay for 60 days, extend it by 30 days for 1,900 baht, leave Thailand at the end of that and come right back in for another 60 days plus 30 day extension. Then you can go back to Vientianne and do it all over again.

fab, thanks Mario that helps loads :)

so when I go to vientianne Ill get 60 days theen do a visa run when these are up and get another 30 days exension? or do I get these 90 days at once?

sorry but blonde today , and just need to make sure I get it right.

I have just been in to the Thai Embassy in London to check out their 'Menu' board to see whether they are still issuing Non Imm. O Multiple entry visas for 2 years. They do not issue these anymore but do offer a 3 year validity one YES 3 YEARS (for me on the basis of marriage to a Thai). Christmas has come early for me and the cost is the same ::£200. If you do have to return to UK consider this option. :D

No embassy in Asia will give you an non-O without being marreid to a Thai or having Thai children. Your best bet is Either going to Europe or Australia to get a new visa, based on visiting family and friends.

Are you on a non-B multple or on an extension of stay from immigration? if you are on an extension of stay from immigration you have to leave the country the same day your emploment ends.

I have just been in to the Thai Embassy in London to check out their 'Menu' board to see whether they are still issuing Non Imm. O Multiple entry visas for 2 years. They do not issue these anymore but do offer a 3 year validity one YES 3 YEARS (for me on the basis of marriage to a Thai). Christmas has come early for me and the cost is the same ::£200. If you do have to return to UK consider this option. :)

This is wrong.

The Visa you are referring to is a Three Year Non Immigrant B Visa for business purposes only. http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/visa_3ni.html

I have just been in to the Thai Embassy in London to check out their 'Menu' board to see whether they are still issuing Non Imm. O Multiple entry visas for 2 years. They do not issue these anymore but do offer a 3 year validity one YES 3 YEARS (for me on the basis of marriage to a Thai). Christmas has come early for me and the cost is the same ::£200. If you do have to return to UK consider this option. :)

This is wrong.

The Visa you are referring to is a Three Year Non Immigrant B Visa for business purposes only. http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/visa_3ni.html

I have never heard of a two year validity O either.

This is wrong.

I have never heard of a two year validity O either.

Same here. Checking the embassy website I agree with Lite Beer tht poster is probably confused with the non-B visa.