Thaksin Shinawatra Celebrates His 60th Birthday

george

There are at least 3 TV members who fit a profile that may raise a question or two.

1. less than 1 year member

2 large number of posts

3. Majority of post on political topics (Thaksin)

4. Promote Thaksin even in topic where he is not being discussed

I know Thaksin has been reported to have hired a PR group to improve/maintain his public image/presence, this is one type of activity used by these esteemed groups in their sometime subtle endeavors. The military have a term for this type of activity as does the private sector. Modern communication has brought so much to the world has it not? Several posts have made reference to continual pro Thaksin deluge of distorted and oft times outright misinformation but who is raising questions for the majority of the Thais who are reading the local news print, watching the idiot box, etc? If you can believe the popularity polls over the past few months, the PR campaign may be working or it may be further manipulation of the numbers, that have several times in the past, shown to be completely unreliable. No matter how often we hear the dead man is sleeping, the decay is always accompanied by the stench.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with various Thaksin big shows, yesterday's events carried various objectives so he must have met some targets. But since a person can have only one birthday a year, the question after the sae yid parties has to be "Now, what's next?

Next is the 10th Anniversary of Thai Rak Thai Party.

Seems to me Taksin needs to admit his guilt before he can get a pardon by the King. Kind of pointless to gather all the signatures when he won't admit any wrongdoing.

It is traditional to submit an application for pardon from a prison cell. I don't think anyone has ever sent one from a 5 star hotel before.

On the contrary, Animatic. There are a wealth of Pro/Con UDD/PAD sites of every nature quite available online {Thai and English}. Now it all depends on your locale and what sort of proxies you might have in place to gather this sorted material. Very interesting Thai political s**t out there..... :)

On the contrary, Animatic. There are a wealth of Pro/Con UDD/PAD sites of every nature quite available online {Thai and English}. Now it all depends on your locale and what sort of proxies you might have in place to gather this sorted material. Very interesting Thai political s**t out there..... :)

The italics were for ironic content.

Actually the PAD sites were not what I was speaking on,

but more the middle of the road sources of information that do exist,

and need not be thrown out with the spinmeisters political bathwater

as if it is extremist anti-Thaksin thought. As opposed to just pointing out facts

I am in Thailand and seem to not get blocked for much at all.

Under Thaksin lots got blocked, now almost nothing.

Edited by animatic

The italics were for ironic content.

Actually the PAD sites were not what I was speaking on,

but more the middle of the road sources of information that do exist,

and need not be thrown out with the spinmeisters political bathwater

as if it is extremist anti-Thaksin thought. As opposed to just pointing out facts

I am in Thailand and seem to not get blocked for much at all.

Under Thaksin lots got blocked, now almost nothing.

I'm here as well. I just have ways of accessing.....as do you.

When you got money in Thailand, more than likely somebody won't like you. hehe.

It seems to me that most of the money that Thaksin has got rightly belongs to other people, including the pathetic ignorant practicing their juju ceremonies.

Khun Thaksin's Birthday Party at Wat Uthaitharam:

260752.jpg

was there free beer, free food, a free red shirt and 500 baht for everyone?

as is per the usual form at these red shirt jollies.......

edited as i forgot to ask

was the transport there and back included as usual?

Edited by timekeeper

One must ask the questions:

Why is there

NO ONE BUT RED SHIRTS

at Thaksin's birthday parties?

Does no one like him except red Shirts now?

Why no average looking Thai like you see in any city?

It's all monochromatic/monomanaic.

The only suits and dresses are all PTP or Thaksin clan members.

There is a sadly narrow field of support on display for someone

once so strong across the board.

Edited by animatic

Because PAD wearing yellow never attend Khun Thaksin's Birthday, you only see red.

Because PAD's democracy definition is not the same with the reds' definition.

Because Khun Thaksin's democracy is same with the reds' democracy, they can go together.

Regarding that 500 Baht, why don't you come to one of the meetings to check for yourself?

I know Thaksin has been reported to have hired a PR group to improve/maintain his public image/presence, this is one type of activity used by these esteemed groups in their sometime subtle endeavors.

This conspiracy theory is much more believable than those spouted by members such as Fertwert. I believe we do have some members that are Thaksin supporters without these supposed "clandestine" connections (such as Koo), but there has been an increase of these others that Slapout has mentioned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because Khun Thaksin's democracy is same with the reds' democracy, they can go together.

Sadly, I believe it is not. This is what has always confused me about TRT. The people that are the base of it want equality and opportunity for all Thais, especially the poor of the North East. The leaders are all known to be owners or CEOs of major corporations, their priority is to line their own pockets and those of their corporate friends with money that should be going to social programs.

The one side supports a socialized, left-wing form of democracy, while the other supports a neo-fascist, right wing form of democracy (the rule of the corporation). How can they both be in the same party?

I think the answer is that the masses within TRT believe that the Pu Yai will take care of them, rather than taking a stand for themselves. While there may be a little bit of trickle down to the masses in the form of something that looks good, there is no real commitment of a large percentage of funds going towards removing this extreme gap between rich and poor.

This is sad for me, and why I believe these people are being fooled by rich, greedy men. If the red shirts could promote one of their own (not some big corporate gangster, but someone who is intelligent even though they are poor), they would gain the support of most of the Thai people, and perhaps we could see real change here.

Edited by Meridian007

Because PAD wearing yellow never attend Khun Thaksin's Birthday, you only see red.

Because PAD's democracy definition is not the same with the reds' definition.

Regarding that 500 Baht, why don't you come to one of the meetings to check for yourself?

even if every red shirt signs the stupid pardon petition, I don't think anyone has estimated more than 2m - they are aiming to reach 1m.

THe yellow shirts are much less than 1m at a guess.

Which leaves 60m who could not really give a f&*k about red shirts or yellows shirts.

Only a moron would think that each citizen in the entire country is either a red shirt or a yellow shirt.

I believe many people who would vote for Thaksin were he eligible to stand and hadn't broken electoral law as a party executive as well as personal charges of corruption charged (as well as charges pending) would be happy to have TRT, but are not particularly interested in most of the red shirt agenda.

red shirts are not a political party. They are a pack of thugs in some parts, and progressive in others.....just like the PAD they actually have many factions.

Who would like to be the first moron to stick their hand up and say all of Thailand can easily be broken down into just 2 groups - red and yellow?

I thought those who have small business such as selling grilled pork at market didn't care about reds and yellows. Now they must think why the world oil price is down but oil price in Thailand is up. That turns their business worse because it costs more for them to buy pork and materials. They know when Abhisit is here, the oil price is up and they don't like it. They won't go out to wear red though.

I first thought there were another color but I now I think there's 2 color only. Yellows support the coup as well as dictatorship. Reds support democracy. If you think there's another color, tell me who they support.

I first thought there were another color but I now I think there's 2 color only. Yellows support the coup as well as dictatorship. Reds support democracy. If you think there's another color, tell me who they support.

What an indecent lack of understanding of your opponents, Koo. No wonder it must be easy for you to get up in the morning and feel righteous, since you lack any knowledge that people that where other colors - or none! - aren't evil, born evil or raised to be evil. It's just difference of opinions.

And most people still support neither of those two base colors.

I've seen lots of Koo's pictures of the birthday bash. Celebrations were held all over the country.

So, how many people were there in total?

I guess well below a hundred thousand.

They've also been collecting pardon signatures nationwide for a month, and they were supposed to publicly announce the results on Sunday as well. How many have they really got? Is it really over a million? Two million? Now they target five million.

Do they ever pause and think that to claim a majority they need SIXTEEN million votes. Where are all those "majority" supporters?

>>>

Bottom line - while the numbers might fluctuate in response to Thaksin's PR campaigns, the red movement is a clear minority, and they fall out with mainstream society further and further.

Beside that this "Petition" is deemed to fail right from the beginning,

who is going to check the genuineness of all the Signatures?

And looking to all this MumboJumbo about the "Big Party",

reading that Yaowapa and Somchai are attending one of the

parties... all of a sudden I got struck by the idea

"how many people the Shin-Clan businesses may employ?"

anyone an Idea?

Show of loyalty, with their relatives, get as many as you can get scheme,

free food, free T-Shirt, free Clappers and other freebies, entertainment Sanuk, Sanuk...?

At least they invest some money into the entertainment and PR industry...

One thing I wonder about. Thaksin, the computer nut with his twitters and his twatters and his nofacebook ramblings, do you reckon he reads thaivisa? It is clear he has propagandists working the site (you know who you are) but what about the "big" man himself?

Edited by Jingthing

Beside that this "Petition" is deemed to fail right from the beginning,

who is going to check the genuineness of all the Signatures?

There are rules and procedures regarding pardon petitions, I don't think reds give a shit about any of that.

It's just a publicity stunt, they have no idea what are they going to do with it and who they are going to submit it to.

Running around with it making noises about being ignored will surely put some pressure on relevant authorities but I doubt their petition will make any legal progress.

Now they must think why the world oil price is down but oil price in Thailand is up.

you do know that your dear leader was subsidising fuel prices with loans against the country ?

that man is not business man , he could/can not make money unless it is served to him on a platter though corruption - his facade is farce

One thing I wonder about. Thaksin, the computer nut with his twitters and his twatters and his nofacebook ramblings, do you reckon he reads thaivisa? It is clear he has propagandists working the site (you know who you are) but what about the "big" man himself?

This Thaksin propagandising thing - Does it pay well? ......Just asking.....hes so great

One must ask the questions:

Why is there

NO ONE BUT RED SHIRTS

at Thaksin's birthday parties?

Does no one like him except red Shirts now?

Why no average looking Thai like you see in any city?

It's all monochromatic/monomanaic.

The only suits and dresses are all PTP or Thaksin clan members.

There is a sadly narrow field of support on display for someone

once so strong across the board.

Actually the working Thai suffer from corruption and not just the Farang. They have to pay the policeman for everything they do in business. They didn't have to pay bribes to the cops with Thaksin around.

And.....you Brits should worry if Thaksin ever gets back into power again because after what the UK did to him, Thaksin will put a stop to your attempt at passive colonization and you guys will be on the outs.