Korean Golfers

chaamjamal

dear mr and mrs korean golfer, thank you for choosing thailand as your golf destination. we are very impressed with your game. most of you are very good golfers. the pity is that with a little bit of effort you could become a complete golfer by learning and following the simple rules of civil beharvior on the golf course. please don't take this in a negative way. i actually mean to congratualte you on your golfing technique and to encourage you to go further and incorporate golf etiquette into your game. thank you again for coming to thailand. you are welcome any time. please come again. sincerely, chaamjamal

thank you for being so kind, but  koreans are pushy, callous, uncultured pigs for the most part. i think of the people that visit thailand i would rate them at the bottom with the israelis.

ironic that your description describes the world view of the ugly american.

i would rate you at the bottom of the world.

It's never safe to generalize, but....

My GF works in the F&B department of a resort hotel. By far, their least favorite customers are Koreans, for the reasons enumerated by mraloah. Plus, they're constantly trying to get away without paying. A couple of days ago a Korean customer ordered lobster and ate it. When the bill came she claimed she had ordered filet mignon and didn't get it and refused to pay for the lobster she'd just eaten. A few days earlier an entire family refused to pay the bill because one of the orders came with rice instead of noodles. They didn't bring this up until the bill arrived.

Their second least favorite customers are Americans: "Always trying to make their own menu."

Ah, the joys when cultures clash....

Edited by mgnewman

thank you for being so kind, but  koreans are pushy, callous, uncultured pigs for the most part. i think of the people that visit thailand i would rate them at the bottom with the israelis.

In every race, there are the good, the ugly and the bad(no pig however). Where do you belong to in your race?

Just lets stick to the golf.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with chaamjamal.

Groundrules of golf like ;Don't play slow or let a quicker flight pass.Don't make too many practice swings on the course.

They ( the Koreans) are terrible.

BTW , I do have korean golf friends ,however they show the same attitude. It's hopeless.

Dear Moderator, please kindly review and close this thread. As you see, there are some racists who wrote in this thread and I do not think it is forum policy to allow prejudice on certain race or nationality. Annually 1 million Korean tourists are coming to Thailand and they will not be happy to hear what some racists say. In every race, there are good/ bad golfers. They need time to be good golfers.

Specially, some people did not pay bills? I do not trust his girl and I will find what happened direct from that resort. If she lied or fabricated the truth, that girl will be responsible for her mouth.

Edited by kimo

Dear Moderator, please kindly review and close this thread. As you see, there are some racists who wrote in this thread and I do not think it is forum policy to allow prejudice on certain race or nationality. Annually 1 million  Korean tourists  are coming to Thailand and they will not be happy to hear what some racists say. In every race, there are good/ bad golfers. They need time to be good golfers.

Specially, some people did not pay bills? I do not trust his girl and I will find what happened direct  from that resort. If she lied or fabricated  the truth, that girl will be responsible for her mouth.

Khun kimo,

The comments in general are not racist... merely stating facts.

I am a regular golfer (not very good but I try :D ) and Koreans without exception are a right royal pain in the *rse on the course. It has nothing to do with their level of competance... it is just the way they are. And the caddies dislike them too... :D

I think the latter part of your post may have been confused with another topic? :o

Dear Moderator, please kindly review and close this thread. As you see, there are some racists who wrote in this thread and I do not think it is forum policy to allow prejudice on certain race or nationality. Annually 1 million  Korean tourists  are coming to Thailand and they will not be happy to hear what some racists say. In every race, there are good/ bad golfers. They need time to be good golfers.

Specially, some people did not pay bills? I do not trust his girl and I will find what happened direct  from that resort. If she lied or fabricated  the truth, that girl will be responsible for her mouth.

Khun kimo,

The comments in general are not racist... merely stating facts.

I am a regular golfer (not very good but I try :D ) and Koreans without exception are a right royal pain in the *rse on the course. It has nothing to do with their level of competance... it is just the way they are. And the caddies dislike them too... :D

I think the latter part of your post may have been confused with another topic? :o

No i believe the latter part of Kimo's post refered to Mgnewman's comments re his F&B employed GF.

Recently played a very slow 6 hour round following several goups of korean women. We noticed that 1 player in the group ahead was very good and the other 3 were just hackers. Then the caddy explained that she was the teacher and we then observed that she was giving lessons throughout the round.

Please correct me if i am wrong but my understanding is that although many players still call you on , that The Royal an Anciant made a ruling that you should not call on at par 3s after someone was killed on the course .

please forgive me if this is racist. i am a victim of racism myself being a darkie and disliked in degrees by just about every race on earth but ..... i have been hit by a golf ball twice in my life and in both cases the hitter was a nice tourist and a good golfer, and of a certain race. i still welcome them to thailand and i wish they would keep coming here. i also wish that they would practice proper golf etiquette. it would make them better golfers if they did. golf isn't just about hitting golf balls. it's the whole package. and that includes civil behavior. chaamjamal.

i also wish that they would practice proper golf etiquette. it would make them better golfers if they did. golf isn't just about hitting golf balls. it's the whole package. and that includes civil behavior.

I think this sums it up quite accurately.

hmmm, been to korea a few times, have to say this is true for the most part, they like to walk around with their nose in the air and totally ignore the fact that you are even there. This is pretty much anywhere you go (unless they are trying to sell you something). I'm sure there are exceptions, but i havent seen them :o

In an ideal world everyone would know the rules, practice perfect ettiquette and maintian exact pace of play. But this aint' the case, in all countries, with all nationalitys,ages and genders of golfers. You can get mad, you can winge and moan you can kick the guys ball in the khlong...but that ain't gonna solve a goddam thing. Here are my solutions if you start to find your pain is too much to bear :

1) play weekday rounds starting as early as possible.

2) play on courses a bit further away or lesser known (but just as good !!)

3) try to join a private members and members guests only club ie: Rajapruek.

4) play some night golf under lights ie: Bangkok Golf Club

Please correct me if i am wrong but my understanding is that although many players still call you on , that The Royal an Anciant made a ruling that you should not call on at par 3s after someone was killed on the course .

I quite agree. It does not speed up play as it depends on whether carts are being used or not.

I have found that it seems to be the instructions that the caddies receive as they always want to allow the call hole.

It is a dangerous practice and am surprised nobody has been injured in Thailand. (maybe they have ! )

Like Thai and Korean drivers they have no patience to wait and it annoys me when they are standing on the tee of par 3's as if we should hurry our putts.

As for the Korean visitors , yes they have good golf swings and always play off back tees, but as the correspondant earlier suggests, they are far short of learning the etiquette of the game ( however this could apply to Farangs equally as I guess many of them have no official golf club membership in UK or elswhere ! )

In an ideal world everyone would know the rules, practice perfect ettiquette and maintian exact pace of play. But this aint' the case, in all countries, with all nationalitys,ages and genders of golfers. You can get mad, you can winge and moan you can kick the guys ball in the khlong...but that ain't gonna solve a goddam thing. Here are my solutions if you start to find your pain is too much to bear :

1) play weekday rounds starting as early as possible.

2) play on courses a bit further away or lesser known (but just as good !!)

3) try to join a private members and members guests only club ie: Rajapruek.

4) play some night golf under lights ie: Bangkok Golf Club

I think you are missing the point Penelope.

This thread is about golf etiquette and the typical Koreans lack of it.

As a golfer myself, I can say that I normally play with a friend of mine. I have NEVER been allowed to play through by a group of Koreans, NEVER.

Someone once told me that a Korean golfer would see it as a loss of face by allowing someone to play through??

Whatever the reason its not nice playing a two ball when you are in carts stuck behind 6 Koreans walking!!!!!!!. (Happened at Siam golf course over Christmas)

You know what, I do not play golf myself, but as I age, perhaps I may take up the sport.... err, game.

As for the OP, I wish you would outline what are the elements that make up the "etiquette" that you so much desire, so that us non-golfers, or trolls if you wish, could understand what you are driving (no pun intended) at. As a reminder, it is always better to be part of the solution to a problem, and not just bitch about the problem.

As for Yesiam, I agree with you... Glassdude007 is a "racist"... but sh*t golly, you fit into the same category as well! Irrespectful of where on Earth you hail from, you are definetely not God's gift to the World with the attitude you have towards Americans. Please stick to cleaning toilet bowls, and leave the forum discussions to the big boys who have more constructive things to share.

P.S. Yesiam... I am an American, and yes, I would love to k*ck your gluteus maximus. That's what Americans do best! We find injustice, and deal a blow to it.

P.S.  Yesiam... I am an American, and yes, I would love to k*ck your gluteus maximus.  That's what Americans do best!  We find injustice, and deal a blow to it.

I'd ignore the post by Yesiam Gumball...

sounds like a troll of the first order... :o

You know what, I do not play golf myself, but as I age, perhaps I may take up the sport.... err, game.

As for the OP, I wish you would outline what are the elements that make up the "etiquette" that you so much desire, so that us non-golfers, or trolls if you wish, could understand what you are driving (no pun intended) at.  As a reminder, it is always better to be part of the solution to a problem, and not just bitch about the problem.

As for Yesiam, I agree with you... Glassdude007 is a "racist"... but sh*t golly, you fit into the same category as well!  Irrespectful of where on Earth you hail from, you are definetely not God's gift to the World with the attitude you have towards Americans.  Please stick to cleaning toilet bowls, and leave the forum discussions to the big boys who have more constructive things to share.

P.S.  Yesiam... I am an American, and yes, I would love to k*ck your gluteus maximus.  That's what Americans do best!  We find injustice, and deal a blow to it.

:o

Edited by Boo

As for the OP, I wish you would outline what are the elements that make up the "etiquette" that you so much desire, so that us non-golfers, or trolls if you wish, could understand what you are driving (no pun intended) at.  As a reminder, it is always better to be part of the solution to a problem, and not just bitch about the problem.

As for Yesiam, I agree with you... Glassdude007 is a "racist"... but sh*t golly, you fit into the same category as well!  Irrespectful of where on Earth you hail from, you are definetely not God's gift to the World with the attitude you have towards Americans.  Please stick to cleaning toilet bowls, and leave the forum discussions to the big boys who have more constructive things to share.

removed rascist rants

wow, someone has a twisted world perspective :o

Edited by Boo

I quite agree. It does not speed up play as it depends on whether carts are being used or not.

I have found that it seems to be the instructions that the caddies receive as they always want to allow the call hole.

It is a dangerous practice and am surprised nobody has been injured in Thailand. (maybe they have ! )

Like Thai and Korean drivers they have no patience to wait and it annoys me when they are standing on the tee of par 3's as if we should hurry our putts.

what on earth is a call hole ?

I dont get your point about people waiting on tees. sorry but where else should people be whilst waiting for a par 3 to clear? I always like to watch people ahead putting, if that makes you feel pressurised then you arent really concentrating on your game.

cobber - there is no rule that says you cannot wave players through or indicate they should tee off if you are on a green. If you do indicate that the following group should tee off, then it is just as much your responsibility to ensure you are not hit as theirs.