Uk Settlement: Evidence Of How Your Trip Is To Be Funded

Hi all

Seems like this particular sub-forum has been swamped of late with questions relating to UK settlement. I guess the more questions that are raised and answered, the more info is available to others involved in the application process.

Anyway, enough rambling and on with my question for today. The thread title says it all basically, I'm wondering what the embassy is looking for in terms of evidence to show how the applicants trip will be funded. Is there something specific required, or are all the documents already included that detail financial statuses of both sponsor and applicant sufficient?

Cheers

The financial evidence to show that you can support yourselves in the UK, pay slips, bank statements etc., is all that is required.

Whilst I have never thought about evidence that a settlement applicant can actually afford to pay for the trip to the UK, I imagine that the thinking would be that if the applicant could not afford this then they would not be applying.

But at the end of the day the ECO is concerned with how the applicant will be supported in the UK; not how they are going to get there.