Visa Cancelled?

Hello,

Last week I went to China for a short break with my wife and on my return at the immigration in Thailand I showed the customs officer my passport and work permit and mentioned to him about my visa and he just said “what do you mean, its nothing to do with me” then gave me a 30 day stamp on my passport. :D

I don’t know if he was wrong or right and I don’t really care, but I do need to sort out my visa. Can I re-new it at Suan Plu or do I need to leave the country and find a Thai Embassy abroad to get the visa?

I still have 3 weeks left so am not in a hurry. My staff said I need to leave but that may be because they want me gone for a few days. :)

Any advice is appreciated

Thank you

Did you have a 90 day permitted to stay stamp (visa entry) or did you have a one year extension of stay (immigration stamp)? If you had and extension of stay and still qualify you may be able to obtain a single entry visa (2,000 baht) to obtain a new extension of stay (1,900 baht). But you have not explained enough to answer you.

Hi guys, sorry for not being clear in the first post. I have or had 1 years extention of stay which I have re-newed 4 years on the trot at Suan Plu. this is the first time I have left the country in all this time. it shoul of expired on May 2010, but now with the new stamp it will expire August 23rd 2009.

thanks for the help.

Hi guys, sorry for not being clear in the first post. I have or had 1 years extention of stay which I have re-newed 4 years on the trot at Suan Plu. this is the first time I have left the country in all this time. it shoul of expired on May 2010, but now with the new stamp it will expire August 23rd 2009.

thanks for the help.

this happened to me one time when i crossed the border to burma for a short trip. when i returned the immigration officer immediately stamped 30 days thinking i was a tourist. i explained to him i live and work here.. he then cancelled the previous stamp and stamped another following the date on my working visa.

It expired the day you departed because you did not obtain a re-entry permit - you are now here on a 30 day visa exempt stamp which does not allow work. You need a new B visa entry and it is too late to even try to do at Immigration. You need to take your work permit/company paperwork to a consulate to obtain that - after 60 days you would obtain a new extension of stay. You need to do it now as you seem to be illegally working at present as that work permit requires a non immigrant visa to be valid.

It expired the day you departed because you did not obtain a re-entry permit - you are now here on a 30 day visa exempt stamp which does not allow work. You need a new B visa entry and it is too late to even try to do at Immigration. You need to take your work permit/company paperwork to a consulate to obtain that - after 60 days you would obtain a new extension of stay. You need to do it now as you seem to be illegally working at present as that work permit requires a non immigrant visa to be valid.

ooops! thanks.

I will crack on first thing in the morning.

cheers for the help.

thanks for the help.

It looks like you didn't get a re-entry permit. Have you never heard about this? Without one you cancelled your visa when you departed and got a normal 30 Days as a tourist.

Hopefully immigration may be lenient when you plead ignorance. The more stupid you appear (that doesn't mean you are, just pretend) the more likely they are to give you the benefit of the doubt as a stupid farang. They can then show their superiority over you.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

It looks like you didn't get a re-entry permit. Have you never heard about this? Without one you cancelled your visa when you departed and got a normal 30 Days as a tourist.

Hopefully immigration may be lenient when you plead ignorance. The more stupid you appear (that doesn't mean you are, just pretend) the more likely they are to give you the benefit of the doubt as a stupid farang. They can then show their superiority over you.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

I will find out soon enough how stupid I am, but I am putting money on that I can clear this up in Suan Plu before the end of this week. :) I just called my Trusted accountant who has a very good friend working there and so it should be ok. I hope :D

I will report back.

thanks for all your answers.

You have unintentionaly allowed your Non-B visa to expire and Lopburi is correct. Technically you need to obtain a new 90 day Non-B visa from a nearby consulate and obtain 12 month extension of stay during last 30 days. But chok dii with visiting immigration. I hope this works for you. Better have the tea money ready :)

Whatever the outcome, it shows the utterly stupid system in place. Why on earth a visit overseas should cancel a visa is beyond me (and yes, I do know about re-entry permits).

The answer is because the Op does not have a visa, but is here on extension of stay.

I have been told that I do not have a problem. my extention of stay visa runs along side my work permit. and that is the visa they will look at when I need to re-new it next year. I was told this by an agent that works for my accountant setting up work permits for various companies. I have used this agent for about 10 falangs over the last 4 years and we have never had a problem so I do trust her. I faxed copies of my passport and permits to her and that was her reply.

so, on the 10th of May next year I will find out. :)

Wishfull thinking. You were on an extension of stay and when you left you didn't have a re-entry permit. As a consequence your extension of stay became invalid when you left the country, not sure about the WP but probably also.

You now have a visa exempt entry and if you don't leave the country by 23rd of August you are on overstay, besides working illegaly. You better start the process for a visa and WP again.

:) funnily enough, I trust you lot more than i do my agent. so I will start the process just to be sure to be sure as the Irish say.

thanks for your concern guys.

Keep in touch on here. It's not funny that you'll get more and better information here than with agents.