Six Arrested In Bangkok, Assortment Of Firearms And Crystalised Meth Seized

george

Six arrested, assortment of firearms and crystalised meth seized

BANGKOK: -- Police stopped a car neat the house of the interior minister early Tuesday and found an assortment of firearms and arrested two women and four men inside.

The Honda Jazz was stopped at a road checkpoint at the mouth of Soi Narathiwat 22 at 2:30 am.

Police found two grammes of crystallised methamphetamine on a man and searched and found a box of firearms in the boot.

A Uzi gun, 2 MT guns, 2 AK-47 assault rifles, and 64 rounds of ammunitions of AK-47 were found in the box.

Police later checked the apartment of one of the six, Sasithorn Prommanee, and found two pistols and 2 kilogrammes of crystalised methamphetamine.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-07-28

2 AK-47 assault rifles, are they just gangsters or terrorist? do thai police ever follow up where these people get the arms?

Guns are not illegal here, they even let me have one. So lots available and many in the services are only too happy to provide if you have the money. Can get basically anything you want.

2 AK-47 assault rifles, are they just gangsters or terrorist? do thai police ever follow up where these people get the arms?

Guns are not illegal here, they even let me have one. So lots available and many in the services are only too happy to provide if you have the money. Can get basically anything you want.

Don't drink and post.

You cannot have a gun hewre without a license, is is illegal.

AK-47s (or AK-74s or chinese SKS as these might infact have been) are 'weapons of war' and illegal to own for civilians without (very hard to get) collectors/importer/exporter licens of that specific kind if hardware. Not someone an average Joe / Somchai can legally own, ever.

Don't drink and post.

AK-47s (or AK-74s or chinese SKS as these might infact have been) are 'weapons of war' and illegal to own for civilians without (very hard to get) collectors/importer/exporter licens of that specific kind if hardware. Not someone an average Joe / Somchai can legally own, ever.

I have a license - thanks

And as for getting hold of these type of guns I think you must lead a very sheltered life. Unfortunatly they are just too easy to get hold of these days.

Don't drink and post.

And as for getting hold of these type of guns I think you must lead a very sheltered life. Unfortunatly they are just too easy to get hold of these days.

A license for what exactly ??

phil

I think they're more interested to find out where the 2 kilograms of ice came from. More money in that than in guns.

Gangsters and Terrorists. Yes, we have that as well. Nicely intergrated into the system of proxy.

License to brag and lie?

And no-one said they cannot be bought. But that doesn't make them legal.

License to brag and lie?

Having to feel the necessity to have fire arms is unfortunatly a reflection on the times we live in and anyone who has a PR for Thailand has the right to apply for a gun license. If approved by the authorities you are allowed to have.

If you have a PR and feel that a firearm would better protect your family, then I would be only to happy to help you apply.

License to brag and lie?

Having to feel the necessity to have fire arms is unfortunatly a reflection on the times we live in and anyone who has a PR for Thailand has the right to apply for a gun license. If approved by the authorities you are allowed to have.

If you have a PR and feel that a firearm would better protect your family, then I would be only to happy to help you apply.

I know how to get firearms legally. You claimed they 'firearms are legal here' as if 1) one needed no license or 2) assault rifles was weapons one could receive a license for.

Both angles are wrong.

If you have a license for an assault rifle you surely would mind proving it, right?

License to brag and lie?

I know how to get firearms legally. You claimed they 'firearms are legal here' as if 1) one needed no license or 2) assault rifles was weapons one could receive a license for.

Both angles are wrong.

If you have a license for an assault rifle you surely would mind proving it, right?

I think you need to reread my message again. I did not say assault rifles were legal, I said you can unfortunatly obtain them with or without a firearm license quite easily.

Don't drink and post.

SKS is the forerunner to the AK-47, and the AK-74 is the assault rifle now used by the Russian Armed forces. The AK-74 uses a 5.54mm round while the earlier AK-47 and the much earler SKS uses a 7.62mm round. The SKS has a quite a different look than the AKs, more like a WW2 rifle.

SKS is the forerunner to the AK-47, and the AK-74 is the assault rifle now used by the Russian Armed forces. The AK-74 uses a 5.54mm round while the earlier AK-47 and the much earler SKS uses a 7.62mm round. The SKS has a quite a different look than the AKs, more like a WW2 rifle.

The original report didn't mention the caliber of the ammo found so either AK-47 or AK-74 is a theoretical possibility, albeit the former is more likely due to the massive stockpiles left from the 'conflicts' in the region and dumping of arms by the former soviet union here to help out their 'comrades'. And while the sporting version of SKS doesn't need to look so much more like a rifle anymore, with assault rifle grip etc, I clearly meant the Chinese Type-56 as it is the AK-47 clone. Temporary brainfart. :)

I think you need to reread my message again. I did not say assault rifles were legal, I said you can unfortunatly obtain them with or without a firearm license quite easily.

Well, then your message was worded extremely poorly:

As the only guns mentioned in the post you quote is AK-47 and they are indeed illegal for civilians [on a general note] to own, as they are labeled 'weapons of war' under Thai gun laws. I.e. you will not get a license and they are illegal to own without a license.

The availability of guns has no impact on the legality and as such your first part of your message is still odd. One should say; guns are always illegal to have here unless the proper permit is acquired. And that is near impossible for normal non-PR foreigners.