Threads That Run Their Course

IanForbes

Most topics have a limited shelf life and then go off topic to become either a chat forum between two respondents, or a bickering match, which at that point usually closes the thread entirely. Most often, everyone interested in the original topic have all had their say anyway and it just dries up.

What DOES amaze me is the people who dig up topics that are 3 or 4 years old. Most of the information is long out of date and it's hard to make a current reply. Besides that it takes too long to read 5 or 6 pages of answers. However, too many people don't do a simple search to get information that is only a day or so old. I've been guilty of that myself.

I am not sure whether a new TV forum for this type of post should be called the "autopsy forum" or the "vivisection forum" ? But, then, I never understood what humans meant when they say "from the neck down."

~o:37;

"Given the choice between two evils, I'd pick the one I hadn't tried before." American actress, Mae West

Then of course you have the amazing disappearing threads. Posted, and then an hour later vanishes of the forum. Not just closed, but removed completely...Poof gone :)

That is actually why I posted this one. The one by muggins vanished and another couple were closed due to bickering. Too bad really, when people don't know how to write without pissing somebody off and closing an otherwise interesting debate. If topics are too bland (like this one) they're lucky if they receive 6 replies.

That is actually why I posted this one. The one by muggins vanished and another couple were closed due to bickering. Too bad really, when people don't know how to write without pissing somebody off and closing an otherwise interesting debate. If topics are too bland (like this one) they're lucky if they receive 6 replies.

This one's getting very lucky.Thaivisans with time on their hands with nothing to do generally do it on Thai Visa. Is UG doing something today?

Then of course you have the amazing disappearing threads. Posted, and then an hour later vanishes of the forum. Not just closed, but removed completely...Poof gone :)

The one with muggins vanished but it had nothing to do with what was being said in there between the members because whilst a little ribbing was taking place, there was nothing bad about any of it, it was all said in good humour. Nobody there was was aggressive or offensive. I don't know why it disappeared. There one second, gone the next :D

The one with muggins vanished but it had nothing to do with what was being said in there between the members because whilst a little ribbing was taking place, there was nothing bad about any of it, it was all said in good humour. Nobody there was was aggressive or offensive. I don't know why it disappeared. There one second, gone the next :)

You are spot on there. I have known Kevin for some 20 odd years, and was purely a dig to let him know that he had been sprung once more :D

The one with muggins vanished but it had nothing to do with what was being said in there between the members because whilst a little ribbing was taking place, there was nothing bad about any of it, it was all said in good humour. Nobody there was was aggressive or offensive. I don't know why it disappeared. There one second, gone the next :)

You are spot on there. I have known Kevin for some 20 odd years, and was purely a dig to let him know that he had been sprung once more :D

He had me fooled, it was the Arthur Mullard avater that threw me... I pictured a largish jovial cockney bloke writing his posts :D

Still don't know what he has done to upset the moderators, I suppose it's not my place to question :D

I find Kevin's posts quite amusing, but if I understand correctly he actually asked a moderator to ban him. I think that we all know that is not a good idea. :D

Don't be so quick to write the idea off. I can see the benefits. :)

I find Kevin's posts quite amusing, but if I understand correctly he actually asked a moderator to ban him. I think that we all know that is not a good idea. :)

I must have missed the post asking a moderator to ban him, I find if I'm away from the CM forum for more than 12 hours, I lose track of who has been banned, what topics have been deleted or closed or the current in jokes.

Some friends and I got together at my place to watch a movie. When they arrived and saw me online reading this, we got a game going: I'm taking bets on how long this pointless thread will stay alive. 24 ours with no new posts defines 'death'

Place your bets, ladies and gents. The honor system entails that people with vested interests will not post to artificially keep the thread alive.

All settlements to be in beer and/or alcoholic equivalents only.

Place your bets, ladies and gents. The honor system entails that people with vested interests will not post to artificially keep the thread alive.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Thakkar,

I'm sorry; I always post artificially : I don't know any other way given this Human-Life-Support-Thing I have to live with and through, into which I pour the pure essence of Ur-Orang's teachings, and : out of which ... comes ... vocabulary ... demented conceits ... irregular polygons of metaphor tricked out in fractally brocaded borders of simile and onomatopoeia ... you see ... he's just a dictionary grafted on to a collection of meat, and old meat, at that.

All settlements to be in beer and/or alcoholic equivalents only.

May I just say how you have just injured the feelings of all sentient soy-beans ? I think that was just an unintentional slip; don't worry, I'll talk to them.

I see you are a gambler (Sir or Madam) : Ur-Orang once said : "with every breath you have just won the cosmic lottery."

Well, I hope I did my share, there, to help keep this thread a content-free zone. Always willing to lend a hand to the dying who've lost track of where the grave is, I am.

regards, ~o:37;

This one's getting very lucky.Thaivisans with time on their hands with nothing to do generally do it on Thai Visa. Is UG doing something today?

I'm at work so that is why I am replying.

yeah, I posted a photo of a big snake I found in my bathroom and that was deleted for some reason. :D

:D May be it was mistaken 4 another kind of "Snake" in Bathroom. :)

If only. In actual fact it was a photo onnut had taken of a turd he had curled out into his WC. Disgusting but true!

All of a sudden your joke about a penis mistaken for a snake seems a whole lot less crude doesn't it!

yeah, I posted a photo of a big snake I found in my bathroom and that was deleted for some reason. :D

If only. In actual fact it was a photo onnut had taken of a turd he had curled out into his WC. Disgusting but true!

All of a sudden your joke about a penis mistaken for a snake seems a whole lot less crude doesn't it!

lighten up Rixalex, I only did it as a bit of fun. I did not do it to offend even though it was obvious that it would offend some people. :D

your just upset coz you cant curl out one like it. :D

lighten up Rixalex, I only did it as a bit of fun. I did not do it to offend even though it was obvious that it would offend some people. :D

your just upset coz you cant curl out one like it. :)

LOL.

Mate, i have curled many a beast out, but just never felt the urge to photograph it and advertise it to the world. That you did didn't offend me, but did surprise me. It just doesn't strike me as being an event i'd be reaching for the camera for - after all, it might feel like childbirth but it certainly ain't.

ha ha :) I know it was a wierd thing to do, but me and another poster who I will not mention thought it would be very funny, of course we were drinking at the time.

imagine the faces of the posters opening the thread to name the snake only to find a big turd. I am suprised the thread lasted as long as it did.

No. :D .wow am Good,Mate :D