Thai Sky Festival

scratt

Hi there...

Some of you may know I opened a Drop Zone in Thailand recently.

Skydive Thailand

Well for the first two weeks in March we have the Thai Sky Festival in Prachuab.

Thai Sky Festival

Skydivers from all over the world come...

The whole process is to raise money for Children in Thailand and Tandem Skydives (Anybody can do them) are on offer at really bargain prices...

If you are interested you can PM me, or get my mobile number off the Skydive Thailand web site...

Come down anytime, have a blast with Skydivers from all over the world. Perhaps talk about learning to skydive and do a Tandem knowing the money is going to a good local cause.

Just a thought...

All the best,

scratt :o

Edited by scratt

But is it safe?

heehee...

Sure!

Jumping out of a plane thousands of feet off the ground and hurtling at hundreds of miles per hour straight toward splatdom is exhilirating fun and is statistically safer than crossing the streeet or taking a shower without a non-slip bathmat!

Bungee jumpers and mountain climbers do have it rough as they don't wear 2 or 3 parachutes.

But is it safe?

heehee...

Sure!

Jumping out of a plane thousands of feet off the ground and hurtling at hundreds of miles per hour straight toward splatdom is exhilirating fun and is statistically safer than crossing the streeet or taking a shower without a non-slip bathmat!

You mis-understand me. I meant are the planes 'safe'?

Seven people, including the pilot, escaped with relatively minor injuries

when a Britten-Norman BNA2 twin engine Islander belonging to Skydive

Thailand crashed in a cassava field outside Pattaya Airport opposite the

Phoenix Golf Club at about 1 p.m. on Tuesday, January 14.

Manote Sukjaroen, a resident in the Huay Yai area said that just prior to

the crash they had heard the sound of the plane take off from the airport

as per normal, as there are usually around 3 trips per day. This was to be

the second run of the day, but approximately 2 minutes after takeoff they

heard one of the engines cut out. Shortly after, a loud crash brought

residents running out to investigate.

At press time, the initial reports suggest engine failure; however,

commercial aviation inspectors are investigating the cause of the crash.

Would my travel insurance cover me in such an eventuality?

I'd be more concerned about the parachute, after all, that's what you're going to be landing in.

Not necessarily. If the plane isn't safe, it may very well not get off the ground, i.e. crash into the end of the runway & burst into hellish flames, thereby incinerating all occupants. :o what value a parachute then I ask?

Edited by weasel

I'd be more concerned about the parachute, after all, that's what you're going to be landing in.

Not necessarily. If the plane isn't safe, it may very well not get off the ground, i.e. crash into the end of the runway & burst into hellish flames, thereby incinerating all occupants. :o what value a parachute then I ask?

Is there a brick wall at the end of the runway?

That is NOT a correct statement. Just because more people die every year crossing the street or falling in the shower doesn't mean sky diving is safer. Not many people die every year from 100m high tightrope walks either, but it's certainly dangerous.

Ask an actuary. He'll confirm this :o

Yeah.. but why Prachuab??  I know it's a nice place and all, but surely the demand in Pattaya seems greater?

(I mean, reading the Pattaya mail I get that impression :D )

This sport is not much of a novelty in Pattaya. I guess that when you add a parachute, its just not the same thrill as diving with your hands tied behind your back! :o

But is it safe?

heehee...

Sure!

Seven people, including the pilot, escaped with relatively minor injuries

when a Britten-Norman BNA2 twin engine Islander belonging to Skydive

Thailand crashed in a cassava field outside Pattaya Airport opposite the

Phoenix Golf Club at about 1 p.m. on Tuesday, January 14.

Manote Sukjaroen, a resident in the Huay Yai area said that just prior to

the crash they had heard the sound of the plane take off from the airport

as per normal, as there are usually around 3 trips per day. This was to be

the second run of the day, but approximately 2 minutes after takeoff they

heard one of the engines cut out. Shortly after, a loud crash brought

residents running out to investigate.

At press time, the initial reports suggest engine failure; however,

commercial aviation inspectors are investigating the cause of the crash.

Would my travel insurance cover me in such an eventuality?

Oh my very word :o

Is there a brick wall at the end of the runway?

I couldn't say but it's not unusual for both natural & man made features to be located at the end of runways. I did see a portable toilet located at the end of one 'bush' runway in Australia, but that was an isolated case & they are an 'odd' people anyway. Is the Thai 'bird' problem something that one should be concerned about? Thai airports are 'home' to local and migratory birds that frequently get in the way of flight zones. I did hear of one solution, they played back the sound of birds being slaughtered through loudspeakers beside the runway. The idea worked initially, but then the birds got used to it. They would perch on the speakers as the blood-curdling sounds were broadcast, nodding nonchalantly.

Edited by weasel