Immigration requirements

I am a British citizen who wants to move to Thailand in November. I am 36 and financially independent (at least at the moment) I want to rent an apartment and then buy something in Bangkok. I would like to stay for 1yr at least with multiple entries.

Can anyone suggest the best scheme? I heard that there was a very new visa which is 1 yr multiple entry tourist visa or am I confusing this with the non-immigrant work visa. The latter seems to be for those with work there but I won' t be working. I just want to rent and then buy something.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

Nigel

At the moment you have a  couple of options :-

Multiple entry tourist visa (TR) you can buy up to 4 entries in UK and each entry is valid for 60 days after which you either go to immigration and ask for a 30 day extension(up to them if they grant it!) @ 1900 baht or 'pop over the border' and bring your next entry into operation on your return to Thailand.

Option 2 is a Multiple non-immigrant 'O' visa ( see thai visa home page for details) The Thai consulate in Hull is very helpfull and you can contact them at :www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

Hope this is of help. :o

Better still....use Hull and tell 'em you are seeking to invest in Thailand, and ask for a multi entry Business visa. Probably no problems there.   The O has a problem in my view, namely no wife or girlfriend, and only 36. That visa, if judiciously used will give you up to nearly 15 months without any sweat. GOOD LUCK.     :o