Dreambox 7020 Connect To Pc Instructions...

scotcool

Hi All,

I am very new to this subject, setting up my dreambox. So please be very very simple when suggesting and using technical descriptions. I need a step by step to how I can connect to my dreambox and see films or see a recorded film on the dreambox harddisk. I would like to see films on my pc that are being shown on the dreambox.

I am connected to internet via router and have card sharing working fine. My computer's os is XP and I download VLC and DCC as i believe they might be needed. Any suggestions.

Thanks and best regards

Hi All,

I am very new to this subject, setting up my dreambox. So please be very very simple when suggesting and using technical descriptions. I need a step by step to how I can connect to my dreambox and see films or see a recorded film on the dreambox harddisk. I would like to see films on my pc that are being shown on the dreambox.

I am connected to internet via router and have card sharing working fine. My computer's os is XP and I download VLC and DCC as i believe they might be needed. Any suggestions.

Thanks and best regards

If you have the PLi image installed on your DM7020 you can use our PLi wikipedia which does exactly that, give you step by step howto for most things including the builtin movie / media player on this link here

• 1 month later...
If you have the PLi image installed on your DM7020 you can use our PLi wikipedia which does exactly that, give you step by step howto for most things including the builtin movie / media player on this link here

This is the way to go for viewing films stored on the PC,

via the dreambox, on your TV. :)

For the otherway round you need to look on your computer in the Windows Explorer/Network Places.

You should see your Dreambox listed as a network device.

You can browse it and find the films stored on you hard disk there.

The file names are a little odd, but they can be viewed with VLC.

I am not sure if there is any way to view the current received programme.

This is the way to go for viewing films stored on the PC,

via the dreambox, on your TV. :)

Yes indeed there are several ways

1. Movieplayer [any avi etc file on the pc to the Dm7020 i.e. torrent to TV] PLi Jade2 is the best software for this

2. Streaming but movieplayer does it better

For the otherway round you need to look on your computer in the Windows Explorer/Network Places.

1. In Windows Media Center

2. streaming to your PC/MAC/Linux box

3. Mounting a PC to the DM7020

I am not sure if there is any way to view the current received programme.

Yes via the DM7020 web interface . In short many of your questions can be answered on the PLi wiki we maintain from here in Thailand.

• 1 month later...