Uk Visit Visa (when To Take Supporting Docs To Vfs?)

hello all,

I will be going out to Thailand in November to take all my supporting documentation to give to the GF. I am going to help her do the application online when out there, but i only have a week in the country this trip due to work commitments. The plan is for her to visit over Xmas and New Year... 3 weeks as its our first time trying.

Once we have completed the application online how do we know when the girlfriend has to go to VFS? do they give you a specific appointment time you have to use? can you choose a time? or can you even just turn up at regents house without any appointment?

Was just curious to how it works so i have a bit of a heads up.

Anyone who has done it all before and could shed some light i would really be grateful.

Thanks,

wez

Once your girlfriend makes her application online the VFS website points her to the area that allows her to make the appointment to hand in the hard copy of the form together with the supporting documents, she will have her biometric details taken at this time.

I would take the advice given by another poster yesterday to ensure that she has a robust application, the majority of applications are successful providing you do your homework.

Thanks for the reply.

So after all the details have been completed on the web site she can choose a time at her convienence, only she live's in Phuket so will have to arrange flights to Bangkok. Im fairly confident. I have...

6 months wage slips/bank statements & letter from employer stating my salary.

permission from my landlord who i rent the house from in the UK.

telephone records to show continuous contact whilst im in the UK.

lots of photos of us together on the 6 trips ive made already this year (Including when i met her mum etc) We have know each other approx 1 year now.

Flight receipts and visa stamps in passport.

Will be getting a letter from the GF employer saying she has permission to have 3 weeks off from work.

If i have missed out anything of great importance please let me know.

Thanks for the help.