Road From Chalong To Patong Off Again.

fiddlehead

Looks like plans are again off to complete this shortcut from near Wat Chalong to Patong.

The road is in place for years but needs major work to finish it.

The new governor is all for it but somehow the 80 meter rule is stopping it this time.

Last time i heard it was because the forestry dept owns the land that would have to be acquired.

I agree with the article though that it is mostly rubber trees up there as i have walked that road many times.

The other problem is the steepness of it on the Chalong side.

No switchbacks at all make for a very dangerous steep incline.

Probably better not to build it, at least the way it is designed now.

It could be due to the push to build a tunnel up near the obscure bar in Kathu (Bottle House).

Have plans been made public.?

Has anyone seen them?

Where did you hear this? I was up there this morning with my 4WD and dump trucks were busy filling in a section with fill. It is still impassable, even with a 4WD and they have a lot of work to do, though.

By the way, it is Wat Luangpoo Supha and not Wat Chalong.

:)

post-40708-1248947163_thumb.jpg

It could be due to the push to build a tunnel up near the obscure bar in Kathu (Bottle House).

Have plans been made public.?

Has anyone seen them?

Yeah, there's a whole article in the paper we're not allowed to mention. You'll have to google it i guess.

... The new governor is all for it but somehow the 80 meter rule is stopping it this time.

Funny, the 80 meter rule didn't stop the recently finished, or currently under construction homes up in that area on the Patong side. By my estimate, these are easily at 120+ meters, but only visible when driving around the dirt roads up there.