Is It Possible To Register A Company?

You can reserve a company name for a certain period of time without actually registering it.  Is that what you mean?

what do you mean by " reserve"?

for example, if i plan to export garment from Thailand to another country, then in my opinion this does not require any certain office,emplyee...only a work permit is enough

But for some business formalities, I may need at least a real company letterhead with right address and contact details...

is it possible that I can (only) register a company (name) in Thailand without actually establishing / doing business?

Saving a company name is possible, but only for 30 days. You have to file Memorandum of Association (the first step in incorporation) before the 30 days are over. Otherwise the name expires.

If you want it to be saved for longer, you have to actually incorporate a company. I don't believe there is a minimum time to start being active (do business). There are other requirements though - minimum 7 shareholders, minimum capital, tax registration, permanent address, etc.

The closest you can come to a virtual company here is to register a company with low capitalization, proxy Thai shareholders, and a custidial director - and then have it hosted by someone who can provide a legally sufficient business addrees, perform monthly accounting/reporting, and handle administration for your export activities.

If you ran things so that you accumulated profit offshore, and just flowed sufficient money to the Thai company to keep it afloat, you could operate with relatively low risk. It is relatively difficult to manage a company and Thai corporate bank account without a local resident signatory official - you basically must have a local director in Thailand - someone that you trust to manage your company affairs.

My company can supply all the "turnkey company" services mentioned above. If interested, please contact me via conventional e-mail.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Sykpe: sykesbkk