I Hope You'll All Be Thinking Of Me...

doppa

because on monday, a new hip will be attached, out with the old, even though i'll be asking for my bones, will make lovely golf tees, so fair well to all and sundry , if i don't make it, booo- hooo.

doppa who?

Ohhhh doppa, good luck with that operation brother......I hope they don't confuse patients at that hospital again, would hate you to come out as an all new mrs doppa :)

great name to give me confidence, so what if i do come out a mrs, new experience alltogether, and i'll give you men a hard time.

only the good die young doppa, you should be right.

women, being difficult, naaa I don't believe ya! :D

Seriously, don't worry too much about that tho, apparently it only happen to 1 in every 3 people operated on here in thailand. :)

Take it easy Doppa... Nothing to worry about

I have been under the knife 4 times already in Thailand, and have always been OK. Last time was in January. I feel like a teenager now...Well not quite...But much better than before! Good luck and talk soon!

because on monday, a new hip will be attached, out with the old, even though i'll be asking for my bones, will make lovely golf tees, so fair well to all and sundry , if i don't make it, booo- hooo.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Doppa,

My human meat-container had his right hip replaced about eight years ago (in the U.S.).

I'd like to re-assure you that you will be fine, and that while there's no doubt this is major surgery, you will be up and walking around within 24-48 hours (with a walker-device, hopefully). I am almost 100% sure you will be getting the current "modern" hardware (socket replacment, shaft going down the femur) which is coated with ceramic micropores which your bone will eventually grow into and "fuse" with. This is such a great improvement over the old cement technology which would "wear out" in ten to fifteen years requiring more surgery.

Within one week you should be able to do at least a kilometer on your walker, and in six weeks, with caution, you should be able to take a long bike ride (although I wouldn't recommend doing it anywhere around here but way out in the country). In three months you'll be amazed what a difference this will make in the quality of your life !

I've been "under the knife" here for a few hours (Chiang Mai Ram I, severely trashed right leg courtesy of a drunken hit-and-run Thai motorcyclist who ran me down on my bicycle). No "little death" there, just a long rehab.

best, ~o:37;

Because of the huge number of traffic accidents here, I hear that the orthopeadic surgeons are amongst the best in the world. They get so much practice on a daily basis. I had an op on my foot following a car crash 4 or 5 years ago and they did such a good job that I sometimes forget which foot it was. That was after suffering severe multiple fractures. The much-praised Dr Suthee was my surgeon.

You're mentioning your plans for the bones reminded me of my experience. After the final op I was presented with not only the bill but two plastic containers. One had the Titanium plates they had removed and the other a small piece of bone (a bunion) in formaldehyde.

It was just like getting your bill at Toyota and being given the old fan-belt or Air Filter that they changed. Proof that they did the job. 

Anyway, it got me thinking. When someone has a sex-change op, do they give them the bits that they cut out in a nice jar? Pefectly preserved in formaldehyde? Imagine going to visit them at home - "Do you want to see my dick? Now where did I leave it?" :)

Good luck with the op.