Spanish Businessman Raises Funds To Help Thai Police

pagallim

Spanish businessman raises funds to help Thai police

By Deutsche Presse Agence

Madrid - A Spanish businessman has launched an internet campaign to raise funds to help Thai police combat crime against foreigners.

Barcelona businessman Jordi Guerrero said Tuesday that he became conscious of Thai police's lack of resources after a group of 12 people robbed him of 15,000 euros (21,500 dollars) at a Bangkok commercial centre in December 2008.

The robbers followed Guerrero, dropped papers on the floor to create confusion, and snatched the money from his pocket.

The Spaniard said security cameras recorded images of the robbers, but that Thai police did not have the means to analyse the images and to identify the suspects.

Guerrero said he had launched his campaign by handing over the first cent of the expected funds to the Thai embassy in Madrid.

Spanish businessman raises funds to help Thai police

By Deutsche Presse Agence

Madrid - A Spanish businessman has launched an internet campaign to raise funds to help Thai police combat crime against foreigners.

Barcelona businessman Jordi Guerrero said Tuesday that he became conscious of Thai police's lack of resources after a group of 12 people robbed him of 15,000 euros (21,500 dollars) at a Bangkok commercial centre in December 2008.

The robbers followed Guerrero, dropped papers on the floor to create confusion, and snatched the money from his pocket.

The Spaniard said security cameras recorded images of the robbers, but that Thai police did not have the means to analyse the images and to identify the suspects.

Guerrero said he had launched his campaign by handing over the first cent of the expected funds to the Thai embassy in Madrid.

I really had to smile at this report, where at first glance it appears that there is a genuine attempt to promote law in LOS. However, read further, and when you see the cabellero (Jordi Guerrero), took

ONE CENTIMO (approximately 2 baht) to help the campaign he's initiated to try and fund Thai police to do their jobs, the irony becomes clear. He obviously didn't have a great deal of option in the assistance offered at the time, so is doing his protest in the only way he knows how, making a well founded mockery of the Thai judiciary system.

Good post pagallim.

I'm at a loss to know if they realise they're shooting themselves in the foot or not, I guess 20 years down the track the answer may (or not) be clear.

Read my signature and I guess we can talk about it then.

Edited by LivinginKata