Aot Beefs Up Security At Suvarnabhumi Airport

george

I've actually never heard that this is much of a problem. I'd much rather have them get rid of the touts in the lobby.

Are you happy for the stealing from luggage to proceed ? as long as they get rid of touts.

I have flown into Bangkok airport appx 10 times every year since 1972, never lost any baggage.

Thats nice that you have never lost any baggage.. but i thought this article was about theft of property FROM a bag not the baggage itself. :)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love it if someone put a huge siren-solution into a bad that started blaring as soon as someone cracked the lock and opened the bag.

Oh sure....that would go over real well with established convention. Not.

I'd like to stick those security guard tossers out the front of the airport arrivals that blow their %$#@ing whistles at us in my bag.

I would love it if someone put a huge siren-solution into a bad that started blaring as soon as someone cracked the lock and opened the bag.

Oh sure....that would go over real well with established convention. Not.

I'd like to stick those security guard tossers out the front of the airport arrivals that blow their %$#@ing whistles at us in my bag.

I second that motion i would like to stick those whistles where the sun dont shine.

If the whiners who are constantly spouting off on these forums don't like Thialand why dont they move on?

Yahooooooooooooooo! Another newbie who loves Thailand!! See my post above.

PS. Try a spelling check.

I may be a newbie here but I can assure you that I am no stranger to Thailand. I would venture that I have more experience of the country than you having lived in Chiang Mai and Karon(when Karon was not the developed tourist centre that it is now. I suppose the fact that you are a long time member of these forums entitles you to ridicule anyone who has recently joined. My question is relevant. If you don't like it why don;t you push off!!

Thanks for correcting the typo!

Well, amadan, you are wrong!! If it wasn't for my Thai wife, I'd have left this corrupt shit hole years ago.

LOL @ neverdie! Mate, take a chill pill and stop correcting the dummies! Let 'em be dummies before your fingers start to bleed, and poosibly your ears from the pressure build up! :)

Just to help you:

LISTEN UP GUYS: Steal once you are sacked. Got it yet?

If 3 seperate employees of the same company are caught stealing, the company will lose it's contract. Ok. Got it yet?

LMFAO at this thread...unbelievable displays of stupidity unabashfully thrown into the fray! Haven't read my book all day! Fantastic! :D

Did anyone notice the comment lower in the Post article that the employee would get fired after he had stolen gear from bags 3 times!!??

3 times or caught stealing 3 times. A thief gets away with a lot more than he is caught for.

Doesn't it mean the company that employed the thief gets kicked out?

Did anyone notice the comment lower in the Post article that the employee would get fired after he had stolen gear from bags 3 times!!??

3 times or caught stealing 3 times. A thief gets away with a lot more than he is caught for.

If 3 seperate employees of the same company are caught stealing, the company will lose it's contract. Ok. Got it yet?

LMFAO at this thread...

Well, this topic has it all.

Don't like something? Don't dare say something - just leave. Whiners

Make a spelling mistake or typo - get pounced on.

People who can't read - and then have to be corrected a hundred times (worker fired, 3 times then company gone)

Nobody has ever stolen from MY bag

We are guests - shut up or get out. Whiners

Thailand is corrupt

Thailand is not corrupt - same everywhere. Whiners

Even some humour - 'I'll take those bags for you, sir'... (good one!)

Good to see AOT finally doing something

The AOT is avoiding their responsibility and not really doing anything

This will solve the problem

The crackdown warning is ridiculous, and everything will be the same a few weeks later

And some untranslated German with an editorial comment - "By uns zum hause is alles viel besser, which is obviously nonsense". (Good thing I don't understand German - I don't like reading nonsense)

There are other problems in Thailand, so this isn't an important one

What sort of idiot checks in luggage with anything in it? Carry-on everything or stop whining. Your fault if someone steals from you...

I am better than you because I carry on my valuables. You are stupid.

At least woman are cheap here

Thai women are dishonest

My wife is honest

Things were better under Thaksin

Things are better without Thaksin

The only real problems are with the whore-mongers in Pattaya getting ripped off (and tossed)

Chiang Mai had a few farang murders - it is as dangerous a place as Pattaya

Whining about the whiners

Cracks on the runway

Thais like farang

Thais hate farang, but like their money (and toothpaste apparently)

Lots of newbies online - what is their agenda?

John Lennon

Spicy food...

---

Actually there is one common line missing from this thread: I haven't seen the "I hate smelly backpackers - they have no right to be here" line yet.

---

And to add my own comments on all of this...

Why are thieves merely being fired? Shouldn't they be prosecuted - just like any other thief?

And, I love Thailand, but not all of it. The massive corruption here stinks - it is worse here than many many other places (whiner). And if whining might help fix it, then I say "whine away!"

Edited by wjmark

--- the same thing (baggage handlers stealing) has happened in the United States or elsewhere in the world. Why not have security cameras on these guys and display the 20 or more monitors on a huge screen at the airport and have the bored passengers (that are waiting for their delayed Air Asia flights) to look at the screens for entertainment.

Wonderful idea. We could play ''spot the thief'' with prizes for anyone spotting a theft inprogress.

LMFAO at this thread...

Ever heard of peeing against the wind beerchang? :)

Ok i assume everyone can read on here, But not all can take in and assimulate what they read. jmho

Yeah cyb. Pretty funny though. I only posted to help keep neverdie out of the asylum. :)

Oh yeah:

LMFAO at this thread...

Yeah cyb. Pretty funny though. I only posted to help keep neverdie out of the asylum. :D

Oh yeah:

LMFAO at this thread...

At least you didn't post agreeing with neverdie and get moderated, Reading one post from mod that could happen and more than one person in agreance with him could give him a brainstorm :)

Ok this should be my last post until i arrive Doho, Assuming i've got a connection there it was hit and miss last time.

cya all later

Oh nearly forgot there should be a newbie posting shortly a Religious education teacher from the uk.

She is interested in visiting temples of interest and not a troll. So for those that don't treat newbies with respect don't bother to reply to her.

Edited by cyb

AoT beefs up security at Suvarnabhumi

Baggage staff coming under closer scrutiny

I recall aat the old airport I checked my bags en route to Chicago, then Miami. Receiving them in Chicago, at Customs, I noticed one bag had been opened...I looked, but saw nothing missing.

Unpacking at home, I opened up my toiletry bag in which I had put my two old gold crowns, replaced that trip in Bangkok. Gone!

Baggage staff coming under closer scrutiny

I recall aat the old airport I checked my bags en route to Chicago, then Miami. Receiving them in Chicago, at Customs, I noticed one bag had been opened...I looked, but saw nothing missing.

Unpacking at home, I opened up my toiletry bag in which I had put my two old gold crowns, replaced that trip in Bangkok. Gone!

......and you did not tell the dentist on which flight you'll be going back?

Hi a guy i met in Patong last year lost a DVD player out of his case it was only a cheap one that could not fit inside his walk on baggage but he got a very unfriendly and aggressive greeting when he complained, i think the situation is similar to Heathrow some years ago which was re christened "Thief Row". He said his case was and old looking one and he had wrapped the DVD player in a towel. I think this situation is a little bit more common than the odd case being popped open by accident. So keep your valuables with you!

I've actually never heard that this is much of a problem. I'd much rather have them get rid of the touts in the lobby.

Are you happy for the stealing from luggage to proceed ? as long as they get rid of touts.

I have flown into Bangkok airport appx 10 times every year since 1972, never lost any baggage.

Apart from a stray suitcase or two, that was delivered the following day (almost) on a silver plate I can only agree. I've been in and out at least 30 times, and never a thing missing.

Luggage handlers must wear uniforms without pockets, and will be required to wear luminous vests with a tag clearly stating their name and unit at all times.

gooood idea, will they stating their names in a readable language (INTERNATIONAL!!! airport) or just like all the other staff in Thai :)

What you guys want? Rome wasnt built in a day and neither will any Thai government solve the countries problems all that quickly.

It all takes time and maybe a long time. At least something is happening, even if if seems ineffectual to lots of Thai Visa posters. So give 'em a chance, let them turn the screw a little bit here and a little bit there, it all helps.

Bet you dont like the increase in fines on the road now that the bib dont pocket the money and you got to pay the station so they get commission????

Come on, lets try and give these people a help instead of nitpicking all the time

I may be a newbie here but I can assure you that I am no stranger to Thailand. I would venture that I have more experience of the country than you having lived in Chiang Mai and Karon(when Karon was not the developed tourist centre that it is now. I suppose the fact that you are a long time member of these forums entitles you to ridicule anyone who has recently joined. My question is relevant. If you don't like it why don;t you push off!!

Thanks for correcting the typo!

Well, amadan, you are wrong!! If it wasn't for my Thai wife, I'd have left this corrupt shit hole years ago.

I see you have problems but flinging insults around wont help. You can do it all you like. Don't know the exact meaning of the word but I'll bet it's not flattering.

As for the newbie tag, I note that you joined just over a year ago. I joined in 2005 but I had problems with email and browser settings. Support suggested opening a new account ;

"Also, please try creating a new account with your other email address in a different browser and see if that works. Be sure to let me know the new account name I suggest not using your real name by the way"

That means you are the Newbie!!! Have a nice day.

Yeah cyb. Pretty funny though. I only posted to help keep neverdie out of the asylum. :D

Oh yeah:

LMFAO at this thread...

Thankyou kind sir beerchang....you are a legend. Here have one of these :D and one of these :D

. I gave up on some of these people hours ago :) but ur right its been a funky little ride :D

nearly 8 pages of people mis reading the OP and then others correcting them.

possibly one of the most boring forum entries, well unless you've read any of mine. :D

Yes, but even after all this time, I would almost bet my left nut, that someone will enter the room hereonafter and state that they can't believe that the staff will be able to steal 3 times before they are finally sacked.....just wait for it, it'll happen :)