Spouse Visa?

Hi this is the visa info on the thai consulate website, it doesnt say anything about the 400,000 bt in the bank and does not say how long the visa is for ,is it one year? and do you have to leave every 90 days ? I am married to a Thai nat and have a baby born in Sydney but has Thai passport ,I am 40 yrs old.O yer ,what about the house regerstration ?does that mean she has to own the house in her name or just the address were she lived or were we will stay??

thanks for the help

Non-immigrant Visa ( code O)

(Spouse Visa)

1.Qualifications for the Applicant

This application is for a person who has a Thai wife/ husband/ child only

2.Documents for the Applications

2.1 Visa application form completely filled out.

2.2 Passport or travel document whith validity not less than 6 months and a photocopy

2.3 Two recent photograph full-faced (passport-sized photograph or 2 1/2 inches)

2.4 A photocopy of your valid spouse Thai I.D card / passport

2.5 A photocopy of your spouse Thai house registration

2.6 A photocopy of a marriage certificate

2.7 A formal letter from your spouse identifying who he or she is? and the relationship to you.

2.8 A photocopy of a birth certificate of your child (if using your children as a sponsor for the visa)

You have to make a distinction between the visa and an extension of stay.

For the visa you don't need to show the income, and you will be allowed to stay 90 days. If you want to extend your stay, you have to go to immirgation. Then you have to either show an income of 40,000 baht OR 400,000 in the bank in thailand for at least 2 months.

(A multiple O visa would allow you to come an unlimited times to Thailand during 1 year. Each time you come to Thailand you will get permission to stay for 90 days, afetr which you have to leave the country but can return the same day as long as your visa is valid).

There is not a Thai Consulate - there are many.

1. You are applying for a visa - not for an extension of stay (where the 400k comes into play).

2. Such a visa is issued as single entry (90 day stay and 90 days to use from date of issue) and multi entry (90 day stays and one year to use from date of issue).

All such visas require you to exit every 90 days or less. If you want to stay without exit you need to extend a 90 day entry during the last 30 days for one year by meeting the Immigration requirements of 40k income or 400k in Thai bank account for 2 months (first time) or 3 months each succeeding year. That will require both you and wife meet with Immigration and supply a number of documents.

The house registration is the blue book you wife is listed on (normally parents).

If you are in Oz a single or multi entry can be obtained without any such fanfare at Perth or Brisbane.

There is not a Thai Consulate - there are many.

1. You are applying for a visa - not for an extension of stay (where the 400k comes into play).

2. Such a visa is issued as single entry (90 day stay and 90 days to use from date of issue) and multi entry (90 day stays and one year to use from date of issue).

All such visas require you to exit every 90 days or less. If you want to stay without exit you need to extend a 90 day entry during the last 30 days for one year by meeting the Immigration requirements of 40k income or 400k in Thai bank account for 2 months (first time) or 3 months each succeeding year. That will require both you and wife meet with Immigration and supply a number of documents.

The house registration is the blue book you wife is listed on (normally parents).

If you are in Oz a single or multi entry can be obtained without any such fanfare at Perth or Brisbane.

first let me say thanks alot for the info ,second I now there are many consulates ,meant the one in Sydney(sorry)

and so your saying that you get 90 day visa ,and before the first month is up open a Thai bank account and bung 400,000k in it ? and then in 60 days get out and come back ,but at least there nice enough to let you come back in the same day,what are these visas run by the airline and travel companys ?Or you can do it without exit if you go to immigration office ?

Far out ,the amount of rooting around to get a visa there is mad really,the wife of an Ozzy can get a visa for 2 years and doesnt have to P#ss off to NZ every 90 days .I just wanted to let the baby spend time with the family and learn Thai lingo and culture.

I now I am being a bitch, not that hard to leave every 90 days .

Thank again really but there just seems they make it hard for hubbys of Thais ,just wish you could make a visa for one year here and show em the cash and off ya go .

With 400,000 in a Thai bankaccount for 2 months you can apply for an extension of stay for 1 year, meaning you don't have to leave the country. (Only report your report your address every 90 days). And every year you can apply for a new extension of stay.

Only when you have a multiple entry non-O and didn't apply for an extension of stay must you leave the country every 90 days.

With 400,000 in a Thai bankaccount for 2 months you can apply for an extension of stay for 1 year, meaning you don't have to leave the country. (Only report your report your address every 90 days). And every year you can apply for a new extension of stay.

Only when you have a multiple entry non-O and didn't apply for an extension of stay must you leave the country every 90 days.

Thanks Mario,

that clears that up for me and makes things more easy, but it would be nice if we could get 2 yr visa like the wifes oz visa and then residency which she will also get no probs.

not that I would rather live there full time but would be nice to come and go with more ease when you have wife and kids with Thai passports and are there at school or looking after family etc.

thanks again