The Stock Market

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"One year since the crisis & what has been accomplished?"

Flying maybe have a re read of thread title :Dits about making money. Since he took office I and many others have gained wealth. After all the markets are always about the money and I luv him dearly :):D:D:D until the bend in the end :D

Come on zorro we all love money but at what price ?

i.e. this is animal like behaviour :D It is like a group of drug addicts

or alcoholics cheating their way to get just one more fix or drink? If there is no trust in our business dealings

- we are one step closer to anarchy. When ( not if ) the market tanks again

this time the small mop and pop investor will remember the disdain

that even people like Rick Santelli have for the " system " right now

and are far less likely to come back in again.

Midas what behavior ? Are you saying I should sell to keep my morals intact? But wouldn't that mean that maybe some mom n pop may buy them ? according to you we are going down so I how do I save myself and keep morals intact should I sell? every share traded is a transfer of wealth voluntarily. Every day a Lawyer defends a murderer every day, using your logic the system would never work. This thread is getting emotional and not its purpose IMO. Its impossible to trade successfully with emotion

"this time the small mop and pop investor will remember the disdain"

Midas what will the mom n pop investors think of your advice this year? listening to you they missed an opportunity to make up money lost in the crash.

What would you tell them now that you got it 100% wrong? maybe you should explain your self . My suggestion to you is best not to advise on a market that you clearly have totally mis read and don't understand at best. Market midas let it sink in. Thread is purely about the markets

Flying maybe have a re read of thread title :D its about making money. Since he took office I and many others have gained wealth. After all the markets are always about the money and I luv him dearly :D until the bend in the end :)

that lousy million or two you call "wealth" Zorro?

av-11672.gif

Flying maybe have a re read of thread title :Dits about making money. Since he took office I and many others have gained wealth. After all the markets are always about the money and I luv him dearly :):D :D :D until the bend in the end :D

indeed! you sound disgusting Zorro!

Laughing_ChimpM.gif

Midas what will the mom n pop investors think of your advice this year? listening to you they missed an opportunity to make up money lost in the crash.

What would you tell them now that you got it 100% wrong? maybe you should explain your self . My suggestion to you is best not to advise on a market that you clearly have totally mis read and don't understand at best. Market midas let it sink in. Thread is purely about the markets

Oh yes I agree I have very little experience of trading under the " exisiting conditions ".............

but I think you will also find many seasoned traders on Wall Street who are now saying the same thing as me :)

I am getting a bit lost. Thought Zorro had gone to Cuba (not a good idea imho).

So where are we? Zorro do you think the market will be higher at Christmas?

No went to Pattaya instead :D So much more for so much less and have to conserve funds for the GREAT DEPRESSION :)

The market is defying the worst month of the year historically in the worst 2 year period in history. Listen to bloomberg right now every one talking momentum, defying,surging, trend , rally, bullish not my words but theirs. I have no idea where we will be xmas

Flying maybe have a re read of thread title :Dits about making money. Since he took office I and many others have gained wealth. After all the markets are always about the money and I luv him dearly :D:D:D:D until the bend in the end :D

Laughing_ChimpM.gif

OOOOOh the shame of it all :)

Oh yes I agree I have very little experience of trading under the " exisiting conditions ".............

but I think you will also find many seasoned traders on Wall Street who are now saying the same thing as me :)

Midas, at least you have stopped mindless cut n pastes. So for now your allowed to stay :D

Flying maybe have a re read of thread title :Dits about making money. Since he took office I and many others have gained wealth. After all the markets are always about the money and I luv him dearly :D:D:D:D until the bend in the end :D

Laughing_ChimpM.gif

OOOOOh the shame of it all :)

Not shameful, nor is it what anyone might consider Right Livelihood. The unsympathetic view would be we are parasitical or maybe even carrion feeders. My personal rationalization for this unproductive work is that I'm just playing the cards that I've been dealt in a game i didn't invent. It's just a rationalization though.

Another comparison I like is to those Pilot Fish that feed around the mouth of a shark. Symbiotic maybe? Probably not.

Edited by lannarebirth

BREAKING STORY

Ben S. Bernanke just stated the recession "probably over" the markets react instantly both oil and gold through 1000. Still early but looking good.

Lucky he got it all fixed overnight.I assume the earlier expectations of another 100+ banks going broke in the second half of this year we can just ignore as of today.

well, I kept averaging down since last Oct, was a hairy ride but portfolio is up about 5 % but you couldn't really lose since last March, made some huge profits but they have only canceled out some huge losses last year.... don't forget if your down 50% you need 100% profit to get back to zero

Having said that, i have mutual funds back in Europe and still over 50% down with the fcukers still charging me 2.5 % fee for losing my nest egg..

BREAKING STORY

Ben S. Bernanke just stated the recession "probably over" the markets react instantly both oil and gold through 1000. Still early but looking good.

Not sure if you meant that sarcastically?

Because when gold moves up I do not see it as a sign of hope in recovery.

You probably meant it as a joke yes?

If I ever truly feel the recession is over I would be a seller of gold & silver.

I doubt the price would be rising if other like me were all selling.

Edited by flying

BREAKING STORY

Not sure if you meant that sarcastically?

Because when gold moves up I do not see it as a sign of hope in recovery.

You probably meant it as a joke yes?

If I ever truly feel the recession is over I would be a seller of gold & silver.

I doubt the price would be rising if other like me were all selling.

Gold has been moving up with dow last few months. Or have I missed something? I cant imagine the dow hitting 11000 and gold going back to 7000 . I read somewhere when gold rallys with the dow then its a start of a bull market. I may have it wrong thats why I dont post on the gold thread

:)

BREAKING STORY

Lucky he got it all fixed overnight.I assume the earlier expectations of another 100+ banks going broke in the second half of this year we can just ignore as of today.

Only problem with that man is he LOOKS like a bear delivering good news :) Also during his speeches he sounds like he is on the verge of crying. Possibly the most uninspiring speaker going around. When the banks situation is fixed the DOW will be at 15000. You cant have it both ways. Before the jobs report there is the report of job advertisements rising. This is where the markets start to take notice. We are above 9616 still and may test it a few times this month. Who knows but as Most analysts are now saying, throw out the rule book why buck the trend........for now, only for now..

Gold has been moving up with dow last few months. Or have I missed something? I cant imagine the dow hitting 11000 and gold going back to 7000 . I read somewhere when gold rallys with the dow then its a start of a bull market. I may have it wrong thats why I dont post on the gold thread

True gold has been decoupling from both the dollar & the market in recent times.

But I have a hunch the money being thrown at the market is very different from the money running to gold. You will never see FED funds chase gold....

But gold & Silver will continue to rise with the uncertainty the FED is instilling in the people.

Edited by flying

It could be something to do with Gold being priced in the weakening US$.

I've not looked at it in detail, but it's possible that although gold price has risen $ wise, it's probably stable or even cheaper when priced in other major currencies.

Back in the middle of February, gold was around the same level as it is now. However the Euro only bought 1.28 US$ then. Now the Euro will get you 1.46 $

So gold was around 780 Euros mid February

and about 680 Euros now.

In Euro terms, Gold's value has dropped by over 12%

Edited by loong

True gold has been decoupling from both the dollar & the market in recent times.

But I have a hunch the money being thrown at the market is very different from the money running to gold. You will never see FED funds chase gold....

But gold & Silver will continue to rise with the uncertainty the FED is instilling in the people.

Junior goldies have made unbelievable gains last few months and still considered cheap I own a few . Would you put a buy on physical gold now?

:D

It could be something to do with Gold being priced in the weakening US$. I've not looked at it in detail, but it's possible that although gold price has risen $ wise, it's probably stable or even cheaper when priced in other major currencies. Back in the middle of February, gold was around the same level as it is now. However the Euro only bought 1.28 US$ then. Now the Euro will get you 1.46 $ So gold was around 780 Euros mid February and about 680 Euros now.

the resident goldbugs, stock market fans and/or Gordon Brown bashers :) consider EUR or any other currency than USD or GBP as non-existing or irrelevant.

stocks and precious metals are for dreamers, wishful thinkers, gamblers and scholars of the XYZ School of Economics. the prudent and experienced investor buys assets for 50, sells them after a few months for 100, is quite satisfied with the tiny yield of 5%, puffs his Habana, sips his Port and tells his attentive dogs interesting stories about smoked sausages and crusty pork roasts.

av-11672.gif

p.s. and in his spare time he is looking out for signs such as "Bakery for Sale. One Krüger Rand. Buy one, get one free!"

Edited by Naam

Junior goldies have made unbelievable gains last few months and still considered cheap I own a few . Would you put a buy on physical gold now?

If I had none yes I probably would be inclined though I believe it will top around Sept 24th

You remember how many times in this thread I mentioned Sept 15th? That was the start & so far it seems on cue.

I also believe there will be another climb in Oct possible double top.... but by Nov could be on the wane...Remains to be seen what happens in Oct. If the double top occurs will it break out again or?

Physical gold is not something I push. Folks need to have their own reasons for holding it. Folks looking to trade to try & make money off gold would probably be better served with paper trading gold miners etc.

But as a side note....Silver is always overlooked. Silver is paving the way for gold & in the long run will probably have better overall gains. Just my 2 cents & not a recommendation to buy anything.

I've not looked at it in detail, but it's possible that although gold price has risen $ wise, it's probably stable or even cheaper when priced in other major currencies.

Back in the middle of February, gold was around the same level as it is now. However the Euro only bought 1.28 US$ then. Now the Euro will get you 1.46 $

and about 680 Euros now.

That is rather confusing as you compare gold to the dollar then say the euro lost but to get that conclusion you compare the euro to the new worth in....dollars?

In either case it does not look like gold is doing so badly in Euros either.

Wouldn't it depend on when you bought it & what the currency of choice was worth at that time?

post-51988-1253077295_thumb.jpg

and about 680 Euros now.

That is rather confusing as you compare gold to the dollar then say the euro lost but to get that conclusion you compare the euro to the new worth in....dollars?

In either case it does not look like gold is doing so badly in Euros either.

Wouldn't it depend on when you bought it & what the currency of choice was worth at that time?

post-51988-1253077295_thumb.jpg

Sorry if my post is confusing. I was responding to Zorro's comments re the Dow and gold rallying in tandem.

Thanks for posting the chart for gold price in Euros. It does show that during most of the period that the markets were rising, gold was actually quite stable pricewise in Euros. It's also lower now than it was when the markets were at the bottom.

Sorry if my post is confusing. I was responding to Zorro's comments re the Dow and gold rallying in tandem.

Thanks for posting the chart for gold price in Euros. It does show that during most of the period that the markets were rising, gold was actually quite stable pricewise in Euros. It's also lower now than it was when the markets were at the bottom.

I should re-phrase. It is the conversion that confused me.

I never realized the Euro was so weak back in Oct 08

10/30/08 0.78230

In hindsight I guess that was the buy