The Stock Market

Fair enough and no one every asked you put your money in, I certainly never have although im perplexed as to why you don't short the market about now. seems you have no purpose other than express your self quite strongly which is fine. my views are backed with cash, yours are " i can say anything i like" as not get effected either way. Why bother if you don't believe strongly enough to short? By the way how do you think he became hong kongs richest man? apetite for risk is the number one driver for those who got there. My risk appetite was highest back in Novenmber when everyone was screaming chicken little. Took kahunas to start buying big time. Couldn't care less if the markets tank now. my reward already is high enough that modesty prevents me form stating it. However should I go short you would be the first to know and I will throw everything back in again. Have a good weekend :D

" i can say anything i like" -can I not do that in a public forum? :D

" Why bother if you don't believe strongly enough to short? " -I believe very strongly but I equally believe this market is rigged. :D

I do believe in something like the PPT and that they will use their best endeavours to at least prop up the market for as long as they can

so it could go sideways for a long time ? :)

If there was no risk of market manipulation I would buy options but my own assessment is these could just " evaporate " through time decay.

So they wouldn't surprise me if the rally fizzles out -but there is no guarantee the the market will fall dramatically either to begin with.

I don't know what they will try to do but can you imagine what the psyche of the American public would be if the market took another notice dive.So I think

Geithner and his team will at least use everything they can to prevent it going down too far for as long as they can even if they can't do it permanently.

In other words its not attractive for me to participate in something which is not a " free market ".

I used to take big risks in Sydney and I did very well but when you get older I think you become more inclined

to protect the assets you already have and certainly business conditions would not enable me to enjoy a re-run

of the success I had in the 80's and '90s. :D

Edited by midas

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair enough and no one every asked you put your money in, I certainly never have although im perplexed as to why you don't short the market about now. seems you have no purpose other than express your self quite strongly which is fine. my views are backed with cash, yours are " i can say anything i like" as not get effected either way. Why bother if you don't believe strongly enough to short? By the way how do you think he became hong kongs richest man? apetite for risk is the number one driver for those who got there. My risk appetite was highest back in Novenmber when everyone was screaming chicken little. Took kahunas to start buying big time. Couldn't care less if the markets tank now. my reward already is high enough that modesty prevents me form stating it. However should I go short you would be the first to know and I will throw everything back in again. Have a good weekend :D

" i can say anything i like" -can I not do that in a public forum? :D

" Why bother if you don't believe strongly enough to short? " -I believe very strongly but I equally believe this market is rigged. :D

I do believe in something like the PPT and that they will use their best endeavours to at least prop up the market for as long as they can

so it could go sideways for a long time ? :)

If there was no risk of market manipulation I would buy options but my own assessment is these could just " evaporate " through time decay.

So they wouldn't surprise me if the rally fizzles out -but there is no guarantee the the market will fall dramatically either to begin with.

I don't know what they will try to do but can you imagine what the psyche of the American public would be if the market took another notice dive.So I think

Geithner and his team will at least use everything they can to prevent it going down too far for as long as they can even if they can't do it permanently.

In other words its not attractive for me to participate in something which is not a " free market ".

I used to take big risks in Sydney and I did very well but when you get older I think you become more inclined

to protect the assets you already have and certainly business conditions would not enable me to enjoy a re-run

of the success I had in the 80's and '90s. :D

You got that right. Why is it every stock that is about to announce a capitol raising has a monster rally leading into it? Every flipping one! how do they do that? Market manipulation of the highest order. Big boys are happy to sacrifice a million each and many "sophisticated investors included" to start the pump and sell back down probably for a 10% profit all the way down to SPP. Its a joke and I harp on about it but knowledge is power so we all keep learning how not to get sucked in. Im starting to believe that 90% of investors buy at the the top and sell at the bottom. how can you keep you finger on the pulse if you place an order and check it 2 months later? mom n pop investors do that and sell when they see a 20 % loss. The secret is to try and think like the big boys who do everything in reverse. glad to hear you cleaned up in 80's and 90's. wish i was trading back then for the divys alone :D

yep I remember the guns and ammo sales myself but funny how you don't sometimes buy stock that you just dont like even though they are a good buy, emotion still plays a part in selecting I guess. also HATE shorting in principal so really hope its a V and not a W recovery. Everyone is gobsmacked at the strength of it and funny to watch the bears instos mumble their way through difficult questions like "where have you parked your clients money last 6 months"

cracks me up when they squirm, lets not forget relentless shorting drove many coys to the wall and I believe shorting contributed greatly to the last crash hence the worldwide ban on shorts months back although lifted now.

Heheh yes I know what you mean shorting= wrong way betting.

When I use to frequent Vegas a lot many times I would go with the house on the crap table & bet no pass. Well of course everyone at the table hates a wrong way bet. They feel like your cheering them to lose.

Then of course they all yell 7 or eleven on the roll out & what can a wrong way better do? Nothing just keep quiet & hope. I mean if you yell crap come on baby crap... :):D Someone might kill you. You know their all drunk to begin with. You want to yell crap come on to some 300 pound cowboy throwing the dice?

As for recovery shape?? I always laugh when I hear someone say hmmm maybe a L recovery? :D

oh yeah that one is a bull breading with a bear :D

The Stock Market, who is back in?

i am not and very hesitantly i confess that i was never in. what is wrong with me? is there a cure? :D

with a head like that you got to expect problems.

you mean they wouldn't let me in because i'm so ugly? :)

The Stock Market, who is back in?

i am not and very hesitantly i confess that i was never in. what is wrong with me? is there a cure? :D

with a head like that you got to expect problems.

you mean they wouldn't let me in because i'm so ugly? :)

You got to have that Gordon gecko look, lots of slicked back hair, Armani suit entry level, minimum BMN preferably porche. Pocket full of blow and 5k in the money clip. You could probably trade in a darkened room somewhere but yes you would be denied entry to any of the broker bars on wall st.

Time to talk about the markets again since we have "blood on the streets"

Who is ready for the plunge? As of Friday we have completed the 2nd biggest rally in U.S stock history. My position has been strong buy since November 2008 and have a very substantial holding

Here are a few charts on gold, silver, etc and more importantly where the DOW is heading. The charts arnt mine but this guy knows his stuff :)

http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dcfxhq6g_89c9d2q3f7

Never left it. My belief is that this is a time to buy using good strategy. Let the others sell so you can buy it at a lower price. Nice for me.

Perfect time to buy. Let the panicky bunch keep selling and I will keep buying. If you are not in it for the long-haul then don't even attempt it.

Good Luck

" There is a contrary view that this is a 'setup' to suck in the shorts and help to trigger a massive rally when the Jobs numbers are reported on Friday" ( which means sod all anyway )

but

" In sum, this is a highly manipulated market, full of speculation and hot money. The Obama Administration is failing badly to reform the US financial system, and so here we are, trading on hot money and rumours "

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/

so bottom line you may well play the roulette wheel - red or black no difference :)

Perfect time to buy. Let the panicky bunch keep selling and I will keep buying. If you are not in it for the long-haul then don't even attempt it.

i heard the same early last year when the DOW went from 14,000 to 13,000 :)

you mean to 6500 no? In a hurry so cant check the charts but I dont think anyone knew then what they the new breed know now? Who even bothered to chek their portfolios more than once a month? Having said that I again reduced my holdings and their certainly were plenty to gobble them up. SEPT is always a slow and usually sold off traditionallty, great for L/termers however better for day trading and keep cautious eye on that 9200 on the dow will it hold a second time?

you mean to 6500 no? In a hurry so cant check the charts but I dont think anyone knew then what they the new breed know now? Who even bothered to chek their portfolios more than once a month? Having said that I again reduced my holdings and their certainly were plenty to gobble them up. SEPT is always a slow and usually sold off traditionallty, great for L/termers however better for day trading and keep cautious eye on that 9200 on the dow will it hold a second time?

no, i meant from 14 to 13 and they kept on saying the same all the way down to 6.5 and were proud how much "profit" they made by "averaging" :D

no, i meant from 14 to 13 and they kept on saying the same all the way down to 6.5 and were proud how much "profit" they made by "averaging" :D

Oh yeah gotcha! you meant when they were standing at the top of the cliff peering into the black hole... personally anyone who averages down more than 3 times is a gambler.

good article that. Nothing beats on the job training though lol hurts like hel_l but you start to learn real quick. I still chuckle if one of my stock rally so hard that they overshoot bollinger by 4 inches. People falling over themselves to pay the highest, that used to be me. Now sell my arse off into the rally and sit quietly for the inevitable retrace. Shouldn't be that hard to do but I still on occasion let emotion sucker me in although rare these days .

"The last gasp of heavy volume provides a great opportunity to sell out any illiquid large holdings. I

knew it was foolish to ever catch the tops or the bottoms of the moves. It is always better to sell

large holdings into an advancing market when there is plenty of volume."

Endofdays,

We all have to stand behind our own decisions and in the longterm view, you are probably right. Most companies that anyone invests in today are most likely going to be valued higher in 10 years time.

To be honest with you, I can't state with any confidence which way this market will head.

I was expecting a correction and for the market to lose some steam, but looking at the big picture, this 6 month rally is looking more and more like a correction to a longterm bear market.

There has been too much confidence in the market and it is looking more and more overbought. With the falls and the damage done still fresh in everyone's memory a drop in the markets could easily gain momentum. Nobody wants to get their fingers burnt twice in quick succession.

Most people accept the Dow Jones index as the bellweather for the western markets. I don't. Without doubt, the strongest western economy is Germany. The German Dax is down about 5% from its recent high, The Dow Jones about 3%.

I'm going to stand back from the markets at the moment because I don't like the signals that I'm getting. If it starts to drop from here, it could plummet. New lows below the March lows are not out of the question.

I could well end up kicking myself if I miss out on the continuation of this rally, but for now I'd rather wait for a more stable period of sideways movement before moving money into it.

Sometimes erring on the side of caution is best.

there was a miner slow sell off friday whilst waiting for the jobs numbers USA. The reason the sell off was slow is that buyers stepped up . Bought all my stock back that I sold ,around 50% and cheaper , you could just see the confidence Friday, nothing seems to shock the market anymore. Thought the Dow might be flat but nope, up 100. Many totally closed positions and went short Friday OUCH!

there was a miner slow sell off friday whilst waiting for the jobs numbers USA. The reason the sell off was slow is that buyers stepped up . Bought all my stock back that I sold ,around 50% and cheaper , you could just see the confidence Friday, nothing seems to shock the market anymore. Thought the Dow might be flat but nope, up 100. Many totally closed positions and went short Friday OUCH!

Zorro can you help me understand something ?

I have been reading many blog sites such as Mish’s, zero hedge, Jesse’s café etc. I know you

don’t pay attention to these sites but many other people evidently are. Then last week a company on another web

site (TrimTabs ) warned that the number of insider sellers compared to buyers is now 30 x greater which is

why TrimTabs are forecasting the end of the rally sooner than later.

Not only are almost all the articles very negative – 90% of the comments following are the same.

they have gone beyond describing it as just the manipulation of the stock market and now some are

likening it to “ fraud ”.

Read them for yourself. My question is if there are so many people who evidently now have a very

cynical view of the lack of integrity in the stock market- who is actually left to participate ?

Is it is just a few very big players and you ? :)

Zorro can you help me understand something ?

I have been reading many blog sites such as Mish's, zero hedge, Jesse's café etc. I know you

don't pay attention to these sites but many other people evidently are. Then last week a company on another web

site (TrimTabs ) warned that the number of insider sellers compared to buyers is now 30 x greater which is

why TrimTabs are forecasting the end of the rally sooner than later.

Not only are almost all the articles very negative – 90% of the comments following are the same.

they have gone beyond describing it as just the manipulation of the stock market and now some are

likening it to " fraud ".

Read them for yourself. My question is if there are so many people who evidently now have a very

cynical view of the lack of integrity in the stock market- who is actually left to participate ?

Is it is just a few very big players and you ? :)

The point you're missing midas, is that people don't really care that it's a scam. They just want their stocks to go back up. The Buddha got that one right.

Seems to me the big 3 (Fed, Treasury and GS) need for this rally to be "called" a new bull market. Nobody is swallowing that one, not even the MSMs. The market will need to go back and retest March lows, then come back and power through recent highs.

Whether the big 3 have 1: the balls, 2: the money to try that strategy we will see. Without it, it will always be a (manipulated) bear rally.

Regards.