The Stock Market

Soon the SP00 (GS) gunners will lower their sights and take your legs away

Yeah but when is soon?, most bears have been repeating that everyday since 7000 Dow.

Take the trade in front of you.

9600 has to hold. I'm half in half out a bit like a messy night at Nana Plaza :D

Make sure you get a 50% discount next time it happens :D

We were let down by weakness in oil today, with financials at major resistance, it was materials and energy leading action early on, oil rolled over......gold went higher and the dollar remained weak. Weird for oil to do that.

Never mind though, the tradebots will save the day as usual at 3pm :)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zorro, that resistance line I mentioned at spx 1044.31 equates to 9616 on the Dow. This is where a major street fight between bulls and bears will take place. May the best bot win :)

I don't know if there will be a major street fight - maybe more like an ambush!

I think that the bears are quietly biding their time and waiting for the inevitable.

How much longer will this confidence last? Nobody knows.

But because there are more buyers than sellers at the moment, it means that, as always, a lot of investors will be caught out buying at the top of the market.

When the markets do start to drop, how long will these investors hold on to their shares? It's when they start to sell off that the fall will gather pace and that's when the bears will jump in and clean up!

When the markets do start to drop, how long will these investors hold on to their shares?

The fall will be fast &hard.

Thinking most has stops set pretty tight. Remember most are not back to where they were when TSHTF. So they are not likely to want to go back now that they have clawed their way back.

When the trip wires start popping it will be quick...........or not :):D:D:D

I still think Sept 15 onwards will be an interesting time.

Edited by flying

Zorro, that resistance line I mentioned at spx 1044.31 equates to 9616 on the Dow. This is where a major street fight between bulls and bears will take place. May the best bot win :)

[/quote)

Well it bounced back to 9605 what a coincidence? Maybe its a last attempt to draw in the bulls before a sudden drop Monday ? Bought a few gold juniors last week and they building momentum Friday. Wont be touching any stock next week

"May the best bot win" :D

Well it bounced back to 9605 what a coincidence?

You want coincidence??

September 11, 2001 the Dow was closed that day with a price of 9605.51. Close of business today Dow closed at 9605.41

Edited by flying

You want coincidence??

September 11, 2001 the Dow was closed that day with a price of 9605.51. Close of business today Dow closed at 9605.41

Flying that's incredible, thanks very much for researching that. Next week will be very very interesting

i think that is proof enough that holding stocks preserves wealth. eight years and virtually no loss = wealth well preserved.

:):D :D

i think that is proof enough that holding stocks preserves wealth. eight years and virtually no loss = wealth well preserved.

:):D:D

You didn't think I would let that slide did you? :D:D

post-51988-1252730672_thumb.png

Let me give you my appraisal of the situation, this is what i firmly believe.

There will be no hard or fast moves down, the world is once again awash with liquidity and the reflation trade is back on and its in full swing like tech in 1999.

Every day in this market what you are witnessing is a bubble being recreated, fueled by free money and government (madness) stimulus right around the world.

There isn't any point shorting stocks right now, unless you are nimble, ie, in and out within a few hours.

Have you noticed the pullbacks are calm and organised, they allow new buyers to enter the market and off we go again to new highs, this has been going on since March 9th, those that have spotted it and embraced it have caught the greatest rally they will probably ever encounter in their lifetimes. Others, have missed out, some because they got themselves too bogged down listening to broadcast poison like CNBC, or web panic blogs like zerohedge/shedlock/Denninger. Those guys havent been right about a single thing since March 9th, they and those that hang on their every negative word have gotten torched by the tradebots at GS/JPM and Credit Suisse, much to their chagrin now. Their negative bias has prevented them from making money, go take a look at Tim Knight, a broken man, if I ever saw one.

The time to short stocks was august 2007, that when the smart money was made, but that trade is over, finished......at least until this crazy bubble pops, that isnt going to be anytime in the near future though, thats for sure, theres just too much free cash chasing the same dream.

Keep your eye on the dollar, the market trades like it was one

:D:D:D

You didn't think I would let that slide did you? :D:D

post-51988-1252730672_thumb.png

what both of us are doing is quite unfair Flying. especially as it concerns the poor souls handcuffed and shackled in their 401k accounts stuffed with mutual funds. some of my redneck hunting buddies (my age and retired since a few years) are seriously considering to take up a job again to make ends meet. :)

There will be no hard or fast moves down, the world is once again awash with liquidity and the reflation trade is back on and its in full swing like tech in 1999.

Every day in this market what you are witnessing is a bubble being recreated, fueled by free money and government (madness) stimulus right around the world.

There isn't any point shorting stocks right now, unless you are nimble, ie, in and out within a few hours.

Have you noticed the pullbacks are calm and organised, they allow new buyers to enter the market and off we go again to new highs, this has been going on since March 9th, those that have spotted it and embraced it have caught the greatest rally they will probably ever encounter in their lifetimes. Others, have missed out, some because they got themselves too bogged down listening to broadcast poison like CNBC, or web panic blogs like zerohedge/shedlock/Denninger. Those guys havent been right about a single thing since March 9th, they and those that hang on their every negative word have gotten torched by the tradebots at GS/JPM and Credit Suisse, much to their chagrin now. Their negative bias has prevented them from making money, go take a look at Tim Knight, a broken man, if I ever saw one.

The time to short stocks was august 2007, that when the smart money was made, but that trade is over, finished......at least until this crazy bubble pops, that isnt going to be anytime in the near future though, thats for sure, theres just too much free cash chasing the same dream.

Well written and exactly how I see it. Was the only reason I kept buying and ignoring the doom. Chasing the Dream= Sentiment. The avg punter wouldn't know what a short or Bot is, they just see their financial ad visor and dump their money into a fund or BHP because it "looks cheap" This will continue well into any pullback and they will get caught eventually but still a ways to go yet and wont be transparent until its way to late to sell. And there will be many opportunities to top up on the dead cat bounces on the way down, if in fact we will go back again but Im not pushing my luck now, daily swing trading in any rallies and cash out end of day for time being

what both of us are doing is quite unfair Flying. especially as it concerns the poor souls handcuffed and shackled in their 401k accounts stuffed with mutual funds. some of my redneck hunting buddies (my age and retired since a few years) are seriously considering to take up a job again to make ends meet. :)

Sad but true buddy :D

I know contractors who have not worked in so long they are applying for menial day jobs now. They cannot even get that. Hope your buddies do better in finding something. The worst part is this is really just beginning.

Well written and exactly how I see it. Was the only reason I kept buying and ignoring the doom. Chasing the Dream= Sentiment. The avg punter wouldn't know what a short or Bot is, they just see their financial ad visor and dump their money into a fund or BHP because it "looks cheap" This will continue well into any pullback and they will get caught eventually but still a ways to go yet and wont be transparent until its way to late to sell. And there will be many opportunities to top up on the dead cat bounces on the way down, if in fact we will go back again but Im not pushing my luck now, daily swing trading in any rallies and cash out end of day for time being

Everything I am reading says the next crash will be very soon and are suggesting get out of the stock market...right now. Mainstream media, US Gov and crooks at Fed Reserve are BSing everyone, all the indicators are really bad. Protect youe hard one assets, don't get sucked in.

If that idiot Geitner, master of the IMF Asian stuffup, says it is all over then it is really time to panic.

Everything I am reading says the next crash will be very soon and are suggesting get out of the stock market...right now. Mainstream media, US Gov and crooks at Fed Reserve are BSing everyone, all the indicators are really bad. Protect youe hard one assets, don't get sucked in.

If that idiot Geitner, master of the IMF Asian stuffup, says it is all over then it is really time to panic.

Chunkton I agree with your overall assessment " don't get sucked in " but I dont agree

that everyone is saying the next crash will be very soon.

There are still people out there who genuinely believe it could go higher, possibly a lot. :)

The new argument being put out is that mutual funds have to get long as they missed the initial rally :D

Place your bets ............black or red........up or down :D

You want coincidence??

Wow, that 2001 thing is spooky. I saw that on March 9th during the 6500 lows, stocks were at 1996 prices, that means the market has rallied 5 years in 7 months, which is anothe mad statistic if you think about it.

Market looks strong today, coming back from bad futures numbers of -90 dow overnight.......but we hit that line I mentioned earlier at 1044.31 / 9616 and got turned away again. I thnk the market will bounce around 1028 to 1044 for a while, possibly until earnings start. Then it should get interesting.

futures -80 all day. Dow may turn green shortly. Obama well received, Feel sorry for holders that dumped on open today.

Yes but how may times will investors listen to Obama begging them to spend?

I cannot help but find it odd that it takes constant reassuring& yet never once mention how the bill will be paid.

Edited by flying

Who keeps buying? I only hold 3 stock now although large quantity , I know them and easy to control. I wouldn't be catching knives at this point nor would I sell down either. Futures holding again even amongst a fair bit of neg sentiment around. But then again it was like this at the beginning of last rally . Me thinks expect the unexpected. still half in half out for now but trigger finger on buy not sell . Lets see

"never once mention how the bill will be paid"

Absolutely right Flying he is banking on momentum carrying us through . Forget the facts there not important . How do you think Madoff got rich? momentum! sure it brought him down but not for 25 years. Nobody cared about the facts. I can wait another 25 years :-)

Edited by zorro1

what one Wall Street trader said today

" this rally is pure farce, blatantly controlled by a computer program that is funded somehow with currency swaps involving the yen and the euro. this much is blatantly obvious. that it has gone on for 2 months now without being shut down by the authorities is proof enough that the authorities are complicit, if not in fact directly behind it.

a sick "rescue plan" that is nothing more than another trillion dollars GIFTED to Wall Street by our corrupt Treasury and Federal Reserve, Inc.

I've been in the business 15 years. I'm getting out. This is both too depressing to watch all day everyday and too futile to "game". The market will collapse; whoever is buying it would have to buy ALL OF IT ultimately to keep it at this altitude throughout the depression that has clearly started. What they are doing here "to help" (they would argue) is going to crush us. No point playing in this litter box any longer, getting out and not owning stocks until the day they really are investable - probably 5 years from now. "

" this rally is pure farce, blatantly controlled by a computer program that is funded somehow with currency swaps involving the yen and the euro. this much is blatantly obvious. that it has gone on for 2 months now without being shut down by the authorities is proof enough that the authorities are complicit, if not in fact directly behind it.

a sick "rescue plan" that is nothing more than another trillion dollars GIFTED to Wall Street by our corrupt Treasury and Federal Reserve, Inc.

I've been in the business 15 years. I'm getting out. This is both too depressing to watch all day everyday and too futile to "game". The market will collapse; whoever is buying it would have to buy ALL OF IT ultimately to keep it at this altitude throughout the depression that has clearly started. What they are doing here "to help" (they would argue) is going to crush us. No point playing in this litter box any longer, getting out and not owning stocks until the day they really are investable - probably 5 years from now. "

A trader Down ramping? IM shocked!and he must be honest cause he couldn't take it anymore :) maybe forget to close his shorts or maybe about to open them or maybe about to buy

Take your pick :D

Edited by zorro1

Who keeps buying?

Absolutely right Flying he is banking on momentum carrying us through .

by the way wasn't it coincidental he should address wall st on one of the most critical days on the DOW. Have to admit he is smooth

Who keeps buying?

That is the million dollar question

I have some ideas but they would fall under conspiracy

Yes never once mention how the bill is being paid....

He is not counting on momentum as the momentum we see is bought & paid for.

What he is hoping for is the next transfer of wealth. But I personally do not think it is forthcoming.

trillions injected has a reaction of course....

Isn't he smooth? No! One year since the crisis & what has been accomplished?

How much toxic derivatives remain on the books? How many culprits have been investigated? How many banks have been saved at the loss of others? Has credit been loosened up? Are we closer to bankruptcy/default than a year ago?

Yeah smooth as a publicity tour speaker/liar....Smooth as the President? SOS

... - - - ... ... - - -... SOS

THAT is what I'm talking about !

I did not see your post till after I posted.

But THAT is exactly how I feel

I do not need to be on the floor to know how this confidence lie is being funded.

Edited by flying

Who keeps buying?

Absolutely right Flying he is banking on momentum carrying us through .

by the way wasn't it coincidental he should address wall st on one of the most critical days on the DOW. Have to admit he is smooth

Who keeps buying?

That is the million dollar question

I have some ideas but they would fall under conspiracy

Yes never once mention how the bill is being paid....

He is not counting on momentum as the momentum we see is bought & paid for.

What he is hoping for is the next transfer of wealth. But I personally do not think it is forthcoming.

trillions injected has a reaction of course....

Isn't he smooth? No! One year since the crisis & what has been accomplished?

How much toxic derivatives remain on the books? How many culprits have been investigated? How many banks have been saved at the loss of others? Has credit been loosened up? Are we closer to bankruptcy/default than a year ago?

Yeah smooth as a publicity tour speaker/liar....Smooth as the President? SOS

... - - - ... ... - - -... SOS

"One year since the crisis & what has been accomplished?"

Flying maybe have a re read of thread title :D its about making money. Since he took office I and many others have gained wealth. After all the markets are always about the money and I luv him dearly :D until the bend in the end :)

Flying maybe have a re read of thread title :D its about making money. Since he took office I and many others have gained wealth. After all the markets are always about the money and I luv him dearly :D until the bend in the end :D

Kor Tort krup

You mentioned.....Isn't he smooth....I answered he isn't :)

You didn't make money after he took office.

You made money after they made trillions available.

Edited by flying

Flying maybe have a re read of thread title :Dits about making money. Since he took office I and many others have gained wealth. After all the markets are always about the money and I luv him dearly :):D :D :D until the bend in the end :D

Come on zorro we all love money but at what price ?

i.e. this is animal like behaviour :D It is like a group of drug addicts

or alcoholics cheating their way to get just one more fix or drink? If there is no trust in our business dealings

- we are one step closer to anarchy. When ( not if ) the market tanks again

this time the small mop and pop investor will remember the disdain

that even people like Rick Santelli have for the " system " right now

and are far less likely to come back in again.