The Stock Market

Anyway back on topic is it coincidental that the dow is gently testing the lower middle Chanel on the chart? We will open flat if not slightly up Monday, oz markets were a tad oversold IMO friday. The real test will be next 2 weeks. Interesting times ahead ,caution but not panic in order form me at least. Anyone shorting as of Monday? Like to hear the disclosures before the event :) whos shorting?

I always mention it beforehand or I don't mention it at all.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3017600

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyway back on topic is it coincidental that the dow is gently testing the lower middle Chanel on the chart? We will open flat if not slightly up Monday, oz markets were a tad oversold IMO friday. The real test will be next 2 weeks. Interesting times ahead ,caution but not panic in order form me at least. Anyone shorting as of Monday? Like to hear the disclosures before the event :) whos shorting?

"Pretty solid resistance at 1150, much more at 1200 where a ton of overhead supply awaits. I have a corrective window starting the 18th till the middle of October. The later the correction starts in that period, the sharper I would expect it to be. BWDIK"

Are you holding or trading ? whats BWDIK?

"Pretty solid resistance at 1150, much more at 1200 where a ton of overhead supply awaits. I have a corrective window starting the 18th till the middle of October. The later the correction starts in that period, the sharper I would expect it to be. BWDIK"

I'm holding and hedging and trading, but what do I know?

Anyway back on topic is it coincidental that the dow is gently testing the lower middle Chanel on the chart? We will open flat if not slightly up Monday, oz markets were a tad oversold IMO friday. The real test will be next 2 weeks. Interesting times ahead ,caution but not panic in order form me at least. Anyone shorting as of Monday? Like to hear the disclosures before the event :D whos shorting?

:) very diplomatic , still dont know what BWDIK is?

I'm not sure where you got this notion midas. Markets have never been measured in relation to fundamentals. Al least not with coincident timing. Typically markets range from being undervalued to being overvalued, and those misvaluations can persist for an awfully long time.

eryou go on believing what you want :) I never meant fundamentals only

about " valuations ". I meant fundamentals about the general outlook

Its very easy for people to stick their heads in the ground about valuations

- or " extend and pretend " to their little hearts content.

Not so easy to deny what people like Gerald Celente says is coming. :D

http://www.infowars.com/celente-predicts-r...llions-by-2012/

Seriously Midas it is very easy to deny this.

Lets face it a President went to war based on a bare faced lie and got re-elected.

It is all going to be down to marketing which I reckon Obama is pretty good at. He is going to sell prudence, austerity, restoring the economy for the good of our children. He will preach 'sufficiency economy'. The end of unbridled consumer indulgence and he will be in tune with America - thats what they are doing. We will hear the word sacrifice time and again.

Urban art is in, social conscious is in and Paris Hilton and Roman Abromavich are so out.

Rather than promising good times he will sell that the bad times are good for us and it will work. Everyone has a TV and and an Xbox so they certainly wont be rioting. Anyway, I guess we will see but it is a bloody sight easier marketing austerity than generating significant growth.

" Lets face it a President went to war based on a bare faced lie and got re-elected"

beautiful just about sums up what a lot of wanna be annalists don't and will never understand. I have been in marketing for 25 years and still consult to the biggest Toyota dealers in Australia. perception/ smoke and mirrors are the most powerful tool in marketing.

Rather than promising good times he will sell that the bad times are good for us and it will work

Its not what your country can do for you but.... another brilliant example by a brilliant leader.

:) very diplomatic , still dont know what BWDIK is?

I ususlly don't discuss trade details, but will clarify using yesterday as an example. I enter the day with a 4x short S&P500 position and a short ES position. I buy to close the ES position shortly after the open and then I buy enough ES to hedge my 4x short position because I expect a gap fill. We got the gap fill I lose the hedge and I'm back 4x short with no ES position as of close. BWDIK means but what do I know.

Edited by lannarebirth

I am happy my mind is thinking clear.

here Twilight Zone

Investors beware as stock prices seem to have entered TheTwilight Zone

SERIOUS MONEY: Tepid buying interest calls the credibility of the market rebound into question

THE TWILIGHT Zone made its television debut on this day in 1959. The iconic television anthology created and introduced by Rod Serling began with the words: “There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

“It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies between the pit of man’s fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call The Twilight Zone.”

Stock prices appear to have entered this “fifth dimension”, as the record-breaking six-month advance of almost 60 per cent from the bear market low registered in March continues undeterred in spite of the contradictory signals emanating from both the gold and Treasury bond markets.

faber advised a big sell on the Thai SET just as it bounced to biggest highs? did you know that? Midas a bit of research before posting please. We dont sell because faber and co tell us to.

I am going to have to call you on that one Zorro. Biggest high 4th January 1994, 1784. So presumably he called a sell in mid 1993. You might be right but it would surprise me.

And as his portfolio consists of virtually every small cap stock in Thailand (I guess cos he spends a lot of time in Chiang Mai) he is better known as a 'stale bull' of the market.

I just dont believe you because 1) I bet you cant remember what happened in 1993 and 2) he is very monetary orientated and it was a MS driven market rise.

But he has been bullish on Thailand for a while (quite rightly so) and still is. From the Second of October 'For equities, my favorite investment destination remains Asia, and I continue to find inexpensive equities around the region - in particular in

Thailand.'

Seriously Midas it is very easy to deny this.

Lets face it a President went to war based on a bare faced lie and got re-elected.

It is all going to be down to marketing which I reckon Obama is pretty good at. He is going to sell prudence, austerity, restoring the economy for the good of our children. He will preach 'sufficiency economy'. The end of unbridled consumer indulgence and he will be in tune with America - thats what they are doing. We will hear the word sacrifice time and again.

Urban art is in, social conscious is in and Paris Hilton and Roman Abromavich are so out.

Rather than promising good times he will sell that the bad times are good for us and it will work. Everyone has a TV and and an Xbox so they certainly wont be rioting. Anyway, I guess we will see but it is a bloody sight easier marketing austerity than generating significant growth.

That says more about the apathy of the electorate in those days than anything else but you can't seriously compare the

conditions then to today?

Obama was pretty good at marketing but he has made so many mistakes and his popularity has dwindled considerably.

In any case to be able to preach austerity you have to practice austerity as a government :D

But the most startling part of Gerald Celente's prediction for me is " tax revolts ". It depends how

hungry and desperate the govt becomes to collect those tax $'s and a gun owning population isn't going to be pushed around

when they they just see their tax being used to prop up Wall street .

" Seriously Midas it is very easy to deny this." - Gerald Celente chose 2012 so still plenty of time for him to be proved correct :)

But the most startling part of Gerald Celente's prediction for me is " tax revolts ". It depends how

hungry and desperate the govt becomes to collect those tax s and a gun owning population isn't going to be pushed around

when they they just see their tax being used to prop up Wall street .

Gerald Celente chose 2012 so still plenty of time for him to be proved correct :)

Many here look at PM's for the very reason of tax revolt. I know so many folks that have gone to cash work this past year. They seem happy & satisfied with how it is working out for them. The govt here has now claimed they will start cracking down on farmers markets etc. Good luck with that as they would need to hire close to all the unemployed to enforce it.

I agree 100% with Celente's time frame. Between now & Dec 2012 we will see many proved right & many left wondering what the hel_l happened.

But the most startling part of Gerald Celente's prediction for me is " tax revolts ". It depends how hungry and desperate the govt becomes to collect those tax s and a gun owning population isn't going to be pushed around when they they just see their tax being used to prop up Wall street. Gerald Celente chose 2012 so still plenty of time for him to be proved correct :)

Many here look at PM's for the very reason of tax revolt. I know so many folks that have gone to cash work this past year. They seem happy & satisfied with how it is working out for them. The govt here has now claimed they will start cracking down on farmers markets etc. Good luck with that as they would need to hire close to all the unemployed to enforce it. I agree 100% with Celente's time frame. Between now & Dec 2012 we will see many proved right & many left wondering what the hel_l happened.

LO and BEHOLD! And the LORD, being kind and benign, heard the pleading of those filled with despair and fear asked Naam™ to sent them virtual rubber sheets as a protection against the results of their wet dreams.

:D

LO and BEHOLD! And the LORD, being kind and benign, heard the pleading of those filled with despair and fear asked Naam™ to sent them virtual rubber sheets as a protection against the results of their wet dreams.

Silly Klingon :)

All I meant was it is easily bought & sold in any quantity here tax free.

Now that is what most call a nice liquidity :D

Edited by flying

But the most startling part of Gerald Celente's prediction for me is " tax revolts ". It depends how hungry and desperate the govt becomes to collect those tax s and a gun owning population isn't going to be pushed around when they they just see their tax being used to prop up Wall street. Gerald Celente chose 2012 so still plenty of time for him to be proved correct :)

Many here look at PM's for the very reason of tax revolt. I know so many folks that have gone to cash work this past year. They seem happy & satisfied with how it is working out for them. The govt here has now claimed they will start cracking down on farmers markets etc. Good luck with that as they would need to hire close to all the unemployed to enforce it. I agree 100% with Celente's time frame. Between now & Dec 2012 we will see many proved right & many left wondering what the hel_l happened.

You are amazing Naam ! :rolleyes while talking to your dog in Pattaya

you still seem to think you know more than flying who is actually living in the

country in question :D

Silly Klingon :)

All I meant was it is easily bought & sold in any quantity here tax free. Now that is what most call a nice liquidity :D

i was actually referring to the gun slinging population of the GNoE™ which will soon shoot any IRS agent at sight :D

i was actually referring to the gun slinging population of the GNoE™ which will soon shoot any IRS agent at sight :)

Shoot hel_l did you see what they recently did to just a federal census taker in Kentucky? Hung him till dead & wrote the word FED on his chest. They do not waste bullets these days :D Aside from that there was a lot of commotion when citizens found out this year that the census workers were GPS tagging their homes front doors.

faber advised a big sell on the Thai SET just as it bounced to biggest highs? did you know that? Midas a bit of research before posting please. We dont sell because faber and co tell us to.

I am going to have to call you on that one Zorro. Biggest high 4th January 1994, 1784. So presumably he called a sell in mid 1993. You might be right but it would surprise me.

And as his portfolio consists of virtually every small cap stock in Thailand (I guess cos he spends a lot of time in Chiang Mai) he is better known as a 'stale bull' of the market.

I just dont believe you because 1) I bet you cant remember what happened in 1993 and 2) he is very monetary orientated and it was a MS driven market rise.

But he has been bullish on Thailand for a while (quite rightly so) and still is. From the Second of October 'For equities, my favorite investment destination remains Asia, and I continue to find inexpensive equities around the region - in particular in

Thailand.'

he called it this year although the timing exactly not sure. I do remember telling the g/f and she said not selling but it was over 4 months ago. It did quickly go to new highs from there. I dont trade the SET so you would know the stats

Thailand.'

he called it this year although the timing exactly not sure. I do remember telling the g/f and she said not selling but it was over 4 months ago. It did quickly go to new highs from there. I dont trade the SET so you would know the stats

'For equities, my favorite investment destination remains Asia, and I

continue to find inexpensive equities around the region - in particular in

Thailand.' 2nd August

Sound familiar and repetitive. He pushes Thailand almost as much as gold.

Anyway a) he obviously didnt call the top of the market well before highs cos it was 13 years ago and :) if you are not going to do your research dont accuse Midas of not doing his. And as you dont have the slightest interest in listening to Faber why bother?

Thailand.'

'For equities, my favorite investment destination remains Asia, and I

continue to find inexpensive equities around the region - in particular in

Thailand.' 2nd August

Sound familiar and repetitive. He pushes Thailand almost as much as gold.

Anyway a) he obviously didnt call the top of the market well before highs cos it was 13 years ago and :) if you are not going to do your research dont accuse Midas of not doing his. And as you dont have the slightest interest in listening to Faber why bother?

errrm it was this year right after the red shirts stormed pattaya 11/4/09. I meant this year he called a big sell due to declining politicial stability, please forgive me mighty one how many times should I say " I meant this year?" he obliviously switched back in August. Wouldnt have a clue about 13 years ago since we are discussing the current state of affairs why would I quote something that Anal to prove a point? one more time "this year" just to avoid any more confusion . Now thats valid since he jumped the fence soon after so I dont take his word as gospel as some here do so I will not be selling because of Faber n co.

The thread is about who is in the markets. Midas isnt , he got it wrong wrong wrong. It has absolutely nothing to do with research . It has everything to do with investing . Midas chose Analysts and took them for their word and lost the game. It doesn't matter why your in or out it only matters if you missed the rally

Edited by zorro1

The thread is about who is in the markets. Midas isnt , he got it wrong wrong wrong. It has absolutely nothing to do with research . It has everything to do with investing . Midas chose Analysts and took them for their word and lost the game. It doesn't matter why your in or out it only matters if you missed the rally

" it only matters if you missed the rally " - but people can make big money shorting the market as well

-you seem to have this obsession that if you didn't make it on the way up it's all over. :)

YES YES i missed the rally because I'm not a gambler and that is because its only based on the " greater fool "

theory ( thanks Abrak for mentioning that :D ) and that is not investing :D

It's like me walking into casino and watching someone win a phenomenal amount of money

- i would have so much indifference in watching such an event because I know it's just simply not in my genes

to want to participate.

And you have asked me many times why I dont participate in selling short?

It's the same reason I didn't participate in the rally going up. :D Because there's so much fraud, corruption,

and so many grossly unfair conditions such as flash trading, intervention by government players etc

in the stock market today that I will not touch it with a barge pole UP or DOWN.

errrm it was this year right after the red shirts stormed pattaya 11/4/09. I meant this year he called a big sell due to declining politicial stability, please forgive me mighty one how many times should I say " I meant this year?" he obliviously switched back in August. Wouldnt have a clue about 13 years ago since we are discussing the current state of affairs why would I quote something that Anal to prove a point? one more time "this year" just to avoid any more confusion . Now thats valid since he jumped the fence soon after so I dont take his word as gospel as some here do so I will not be selling because of Faber n co.

i mentioned repeatedly that once a guru is established by the media as guru he is allowed to publish bullshit² without any fear being reprimanded (except by Zorro :) ) and my [not so] humble self rubbing Faber's nose in his recent "the U.S. will see zimbabwean inflation".

" it only matters if you missed the rally " - but people can make big money shorting the market as well

-you seem to have this obsession that if you didn't make it on the way up it's all over. :)

YES YES i missed the rally because I'm not a gambler and that is because its only based on the " greater fool "

theory ( thanks Abrak for mentioning that :D ) and that is not investing :D

It's like me walking into casino and watching someone win a phenomenal amount of money

- i would have so much indifference in watching such an event because I know it's just simply not in my genes

to want to participate.

And you have asked me many times why I dont participate in selling short?

It's the same reason I didn't participate in the rally going up. :D Because there's so much fraud, corruption,

and so many grossly unfair conditions such as flash trading, intervention by government players etc

in the stock market today that I will not touch it with a barge pole UP or DOWN.

-you seem to have this obsession that if you didn't make it on the way up it's all over.

oh my dear midas every new post creates more loss of face. What you dont seem to understand is that i can short on the way down if it happens. You so far have done nothing but sit on your hands. Get It???? I really dont think you do...

Edited by zorro1

i dont see too much more downside on Dow. we are in need of a correction but no need to panic as yet. we are at the bottom of the smaller channel and looking for a bounce from this point. if that doesnt hold the larger channel should. if that doesnt hold then im shorting. until then tight stops and peace of mind.

dowjones.png

so far no one except lannarebirth

has replied indiacting if they shorting come monday. I cant reply to his post for some reason, you got me on ignore Lann? anyway I guess what we have here is either day traders , bears, or bulls praying for a pullback. me Im still long but carefully watching support lines on the chart

still no one going short on record? well its a win for the bulls so far :)

Do you know I have only met one person in my life who made his money going short.

Still I am not a trader - Zorro have you actually met lots?

Zorro step outside the twilight zone for a minute and read this and just study the reversal candles on the charts because it makes so

much sense :)

Reversal vs. Pullback

" So liquidity is drying up and that effectively screws up all of the engines to the rally, leading to a sharp sell-off. But what's to say the Fed won't pump more liquidity into the market? Well, for one, it decided against expanding its QE, so the liquidity injections have stopped, at least for now. Moreover, the USD is back to last summer's levels, and further decline could break important support and send it spiraling into substantial debasement. Most importantly, if injected liquidity continues expanding, bond yields (which are currently forecasting deflation in the short run, at odds with equities) will skyrocket, leading to very unsustainable interest burdens and a debt crisis. The controlled demolition of the USD requires liquidity financing inflationary rallies, sharp corrections via deleveraging, and then continued bleeding of the USD to prop up other assets. Let the USD hit free-fall, you have a monetary crisis. Let monetary supply remain stable and the USD to rally on demand via debt liquidation and you have deflation (arch nemesis to Ben Bernanke). The plan is to debase the dollar slowly, with an episode of deleveraging as the political capital for bailouts/QE/USD depreciation dries up, until bank deleveraging has hit a pivot point, excess reserves can be unsequestered for use besides mopping up asset depreciation, and holders of Treasuries/USD (who see unique systemic and crowded demand each deleveraging episode through the "safe haven" thesis) are reduced to bagholders. Thus, the USD is ready for its next wave up, and this means a big reversal in equities."

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/reversal-vs-pullback