The Stock Market

chinese banks rallying right now on news of banking loans hitting 59 mill in october. SHG COMP up 1%

Im banking on ASX following China, or I hope they do. RBA lifts cash interest rates to 3.5% great news midas!!

Edited by zorro1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

chinese banks rallying right now on news of banking loans hitting 59 mill in october. SHG COMP up 1%

Im banking on ASX following China, or I hope they do. RBA lifts cash interest rates to 3.5% great news midas!!

RBA lifts cash interest rates to 3.5% great news midas!! yes I agree with you on that :D

but not about chinese banks rallying :D

To date in Hong Kong and China, property and high beta stocks have outperformed, boosted by a renewed risk appetite and massive monetary easing.

Nomura says its time to get a little more defensive in the face of what they call a "cappuccino recovery" - one-third espresso,

one-third milk and one-third froth :)

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tighter-p...very-2009-11-01

RBA lifts cash interest rates to 3.5% great news midas!! yes I agree with you on that :D

but not about chinese banks rallying :D

To date in Hong Kong and China, property and high beta stocks have outperformed, boosted by a renewed risk appetite and massive monetary easing.

Nomura says its time to get a little more defensive in the face of what they call a "cappuccino recovery" - one-third espresso,

one-third milk and one-third froth :)

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tighter-p...very-2009-11-01

Its not about you believing me. The banks ARE rallying right now. you have a tv right? please tell me you have a t.v :D

The banks ARE rallying right now. you have a tv right? please tell me you have a t.v :D

aren't TVs disgusting? :)

No point in me having one without electricity :D

common Naam vee all noze zee german man love zee T.V's specially walking st 5 am :D

agreed tv,s are disgusting when they showing futures of -60 :D but hey there is 20 min delay with bloomberg, they could already be up 60 as I type :D

sorry for your electricity midas, you have an easy life no stress , making money stressful. HEY! wait a minute how come you typing ??

Edited by zorro1

The banks ARE rallying right now. you have a tv right? please tell me you have a t.v :D

aren't TVs disgusting? :)

No point in me having one without electricity :D

common Naam vee all noze zee german man love zee T.V's specially walking st 5 am :D

agreed tv,s are disgusting when they showing futures of -60 :D but hey there is 20 min delay with bloomberg, they could already be up 60 as I type :D

sorry for your electricity midas, you have an easy life no stress , making money stressful. HEY! wait a minute how come you typing ??

Zorro I just cranked up my clockwork radio and heard that Down Futures are a sea of red today…sorry for you :D

Midas

futures now _73 why on earth would you feel sorry for me :) really pluyse explain?

Midas you sound like a good bloke but you need to toughen up. Im up over 3000 pts , no way we arnt going to get volatilty. up 200 -200 up 70 -70 it means nothing to me seen it all before many times last 10 months. I do have an escape route though :D yeah its a bit like your mate complaining he had to pay 300K in tax last year, whilst your were on the dole, both have downsides .errm actually they dont :D

now now never said per day, pennies have become multi baggers though. An up trend is an uptrend . I chose pennies, my risk my reward. I do detect sarcism creeping in to your posts. tsk tsk thought you were a pro...

Nice to wake up for more green :)

No the sarcasm was not really meant at you but, being a medium/long term fundamental sort of guy, a bit of sarcasm occasionally creeps in about trading in general (just as you make the odd sarcastic comments about fundamentals!!)

However, I was generally surprised by what a bad performer the US markets have been this year. According to this table (note the date is two months old do it could easily be wrong now) the Dow Jones is the worst performing market in the world year to date. And they didnt even bother putting in Thailand.

global-stock-markets-local-currency-b.jpg

zerro1

excuse me.... copper.com.au is not linkable....

perhaps, i did not read it correctly.

could you pls verify.... thx much

--------

zerro1

it was quite strange.... when i typed in the link, it won't linkup....

however, when i did the copy and paste from your response.... bingo.... it showed up.... can you also cast spell....? lol

thx much again

zerro1

excuse me.... copper.com.au is not linkable....

perhaps, i did not read it correctly.

could you pls verify.... thx much

--------

zerro1

it was quite strange.... when i typed in the link, it won't linkup....

however, when i did the copy and paste from your response.... bingo.... it showed up.... can you also cast spell....? lol

thx much again

No probs good luck

now now never said per day, pennies have become multi baggers though. An up trend is an uptrend . I chose pennies, my risk my reward. I do detect sarcism creeping in to your posts. tsk tsk thought you were a pro...

Nice to wake up for more green :)

No the sarcasm was not really meant at you but, being a medium/long term fundamental sort of guy, a bit of sarcasm occasionally creeps in about trading in general (just as you make the odd sarcastic comments about fundamentals!!)

However, I was generally surprised by what a bad performer the US markets have been this year. According to this table (note the date is two months old do it could easily be wrong now) the Dow Jones is the worst performing market in the world year to date. And they didnt even bother putting in Thailand.

global-stock-markets-local-currency-b.jpg

venezuala, girls keep winning miss world and they only -18 (not the girls)

excuse me but I got a plane to catch :D

was joking about sarcasm wit is enjoyable an quite addictive when we all have a an agenda :D

begging all traders:

as some interested prior posters have asked, if at all possible that many traders posting numerous very informative posts for all of us to read and enrich our trading knowledge which we appreciate very much....

but is it possible at all if you can also post some of your trades, just some--not necessarily all, of your trades for all of us to follow and practise....

would you be willing to share with us your actual trade, pls?

it would be very helpful for those who are just beginning to trade....

it would be even more helpful for those who appear to trade on the other side of the ledger, for them to learn how you trade profitably?

can you pls help all of us out that way, rather than posting passages after passages of insights and all....

can you pls show your actual ability to trade profitably?

thx much everyone, particularly those who have been helping posting insightful trading info and page after page of analyses and very useful info....

and if possible--can you also show us how you draw your trendlines before the facts rather than after the facts.... for example, if you can draw your trendlines before the market opens for the particular trades.... rather than drawing the trendlines after the market close.... so we can learn from you and see how you can use trendlines to predict... before market opens.... thx much all

wishing everyone profitable trading.... cheers

Fine gold doubt you will get any answers here , except for a few they mostly bears bit grumpy about missing a little old 3500 pt rally. The top traders forum anywhere is hotcopper.com.au click on weekend charting and you will find 100's of posts from top chartists willing to share. Although be warned most are extremely bullish till 2nd quarter 2010 at the very least. Good luck

Maybe even 3rd quarter '10. Imagine there will be a $USD boom or bust in that timeframe. Volatility going to pickup for sure. 1200 SPX possible but gonna be tough with so many gaps open below.

looks like buffet saves the day. very inspiring...

Yes but it is Buffet :)

He gets deals like GS gets deals.

He has to pump this market & Obamanomics

But all that aside what is this bet he is making saying?

http://blogs.wsj.com/financial-adviser/200...-railroad-deal/

Today may not be the day to try & catch that train but it could be a good future bet on a pullback.

Does make sense in many ways.

Edited by flying

Today may not be the day to try & catch that train but it could be a good future bet on a pullback.

lets see how the markets react next few days. They never wrong

lets see how the markets react next few days. They never wrong

I was not saying they were.

I was saying Buffets bet makes sense.

He is using his eyes IMHO

I look at this deal & wonder what is it saying...

The article I posted I think said it best....

- higher energy prices

- higher commodity prices in general

- a weaker dollar

- a strong China (the goods have to be shipped to the coasts so they can then be shipped to China). Imports of coal to China are up 20% year to year. Burlington Northern ships the coal.

But if he is right what does that say really about the short term future (next 10 years or so) of this economy, markets, USA ?

Interesting times..............

I look at this deal & wonder what is it saying...

The article I posted I think said it best....

- higher energy prices

- higher commodity prices in general

- a weaker dollar

- a strong China (the goods have to be shipped to the coasts so they can then be shipped to China). Imports of coal to China are up 20% year to year. Burlington Northern ships the coal.

But if he is right what does that say really about the short term future (next 10 years or so) of this economy, markets, USA ?

Interesting times..............

One man gave America an adrenalin shot yesterday. perfect timing?

funny that, have been concentrating on commodities already linked directly to Chinese ownership or potentially.

futures indicate a a positive Thursday, which means ZIP LOL

I can't believe i am reading ziz! :)

Dont encourage him puleeez , his lying in the fetal position sucking his thumb and watching what he thinks is a live futures ticker, should I tell him its 20 mins delayed? he must be getting good at thumb sucking , at least his good at something he just slowing down broadband for everyone here taking up valuable bandwidth, posting total crap :D

Mr. Zero uuuur Zorro, you you you miserable piece of daytrader. Never in my live have I been insulted on a scale like this Mr. Zero Zorro Sorrow. You have either made a gigantic mistake or just have no idea (which would not be surprising when looking at some of your trade calls) who is me.

post-21826-1257340433_thumb.jpg

Alex "The Quake" Lah

:D

begging all traders:

as some interested prior posters have asked, if at all possible that many traders posting numerous very informative posts for all of us to read and enrich our trading knowledge which we appreciate very much....

but is it possible at all if you can also post some of your trades, just some--not necessarily all, of your trades for all of us to follow and practise....

would you be willing to share with us your actual trade, pls?

it would be very helpful for those who are just beginning to trade....

it would be even more helpful for those who appear to trade on the other side of the ledger, for them to learn how you trade profitably?

can you pls help all of us out that way, rather than posting passages after passages of insights and all....

can you pls show your actual ability to trade profitably?

thx much everyone, particularly those who have been helping posting insightful trading info and page after page of analyses and very useful info....

and if possible--can you also show us how you draw your trendlines before the facts rather than after the facts.... for example, if you can draw your trendlines before the market opens for the particular trades.... rather than drawing the trendlines after the market close.... so we can learn from you and see how you can use trendlines to predict... before market opens.... thx much all

wishing everyone profitable trading.... cheers

hi, I,ve started to do a lot of trading in the last year or so and to be honest TV is the last place to listen to any advice as some people love to blow their thrumpet after the action happens :) as well as being doom merchants.... i made a lot of money this year by pumping up stocks which i was down and when everybody was saying "cash, cash"

Don't laugh but Google finance is not a bad tool to get information on your stocks, once you build your portfolio, i build a new one every month to track my losses or gains, there is loads of links of up to dat news on your particular stocks, obviously the discussion boards are also full of " yestersdays news" or " i bought at x and sold at y " but the links are good and the graphs are very good..

I also use ADVN.com for a live feed of stocks and investapidia.com is good website for learning the basics...

having said that I have just lost a huge amount of cash in the last week on financial stocks as i mis-interpated a blip from a meltdown and went from 30- 50 % profits to 20 % losses in a week but that is a another story .... which there is no excuse except i got too greedy....its funny when things are going well you feel invincable until it all turns to shit :D

I can't believe i am reading ziz! :D
Dont encourage him puleeez , his lying in the fetal position sucking his thumb and watching what he thinks is a live futures ticker, should I tell him its 20 mins delayed? he must be getting good at thumb sucking , at least his good at something he just slowing down broadband for everyone here taking up valuable bandwidth, posting total crap :D

Mr. Zero uuuur Zorro, you you you miserable piece of daytrader. Never in my live have I been insulted on a scale like this Mr. Zero Zorro Sorrow. You have either made a gigantic mistake or just have no idea (which would not be surprising when looking at some of your trade calls) who is me.

post-21826-1257340433_thumb.jpg

Alex "The Quake" Lah

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/style_emo...lt/rolleyes.gif

:D

Dont worry Alex.........zorro isnt getting at you. :D

its just his daily frustration of being unable to shake off his acute pathalogical state :D

You see zorro will not not admit to this simple truth " The gambling known as business looks with severe disfavor on the business known as gambling " :)

I do think US markets have one thing working for them. They have been about the worst performing markets in about the worst performing currency. People who invest in equity funds expect to be invested in equities. The temptation to switch from a mega performer into a dog must be quite strong at this time of year.

I do think US markets have one thing working for them. They have been about the worst performing markets in about the worst performing currency. People who invest in equity funds expect to be invested in equities. The temptation to switch from a mega performer into a dog must be quite strong at this time of year.

I cannot say anyone has invested in equities for a looong time now.

Then again I thought so soon after trading became available on the internet.

Investing use to mean you believed in the company...you went to a broker & invested. Now it is mouse click in...mouse click out.

These days it seems it is all trading/gambling I dont even know if the term buy & hold is still valid.

About sums it up Flying well put. Rhubini now suggesting a U recovery so next month or so I dont think we will see much except consolidation, accumulation. the W recovery is defiantly losing steam and so is the V . Consolidation would be the best result for myself, being bullish it will create stronger forward momentum as long as the data improves .001% every day Im happy to stay here for as long as it takes :-) patience something grasshopper Midas is yet to appreciate

About sums it up Flying well put. Rhubini now suggesting a U recovery so next month or so I dont think we will see much except consolidation, accumulation. the W recovery is defiantly losing steam and so is the V . Consolidation would be the best result for myself, being bullish it will create stronger forward momentum as long as the data improves .001% every day Im happy to stay here for as long as it takes :-) patience something grasshopper Midas is yet to appreciate

I agree with you about the economics - I did predict a W but that is losing steam and there never was any steam in a V. I disagree though on two counts (1) I believe that next quarters growth will be at best the same as last quarters, so on average the news will be bad and (2) what I like in stockmarkets is volatility (which as you know is priced to give a discount) to me volatility is simply opportunity. Unlike a bond, stocks are much more difficult to value with any certainty, so you need volatility in actual valuation to make up for volatility in theoretical value. So as I see it the fact that we have say 5 years of 1-2% growth provides little opportunity at all - there will be no new lows and no new highs.

P.S. I have no objection to be referred to as Flying but it is quite likely he might object to be referred to as Abrak

Edited by Abrak