The Stock Market

hey zorro !

now you have Jim Grant thinking the same as you do :D

Now it is Jim Grant who has changed his mind. A generation of investors has gotten used to Grant’s ‘doom is nigh’ warnings. Now, he says, it’s a boom that is nigh. :D

What is remarkable about the Grant conversion is that his vision gives off so little heat and light. His WSJ article shillyshallies around; rehearses the history of previous recessions and comes to rest in front of a flickering match: “The deeper the slump, the zippier the recovery.” :)

http://dailyreckoning.com/the-last-bear/

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey zorro !

now you have Jim Grant thinking the same as you do :D

Now it is Jim Grant who has changed his mind. A generation of investors has gotten used to Grant's 'doom is nigh' warnings. Now, he says, it's a boom that is nigh. :D

What is remarkable about the Grant conversion is that his vision gives off so little heat and light. His WSJ article shillyshallies around; rehearses the history of previous recessions and comes to rest in front of a flickering match: "The deeper the slump, the zippier the recovery." :)

http://dailyreckoning.com/the-last-bear/

hey Midas I will buy your rice from you at 30% discount when your ready , Naam would say "thats disgusting" :D

“The deeper the slump, the zippier the recovery."

deep n meaningful :D ...... no really it is , just think about it :D

Edited by zorro1

throw caution to the wind ...............go zorro .....go ! :)

Obama Stock Advance Persists on Money Fund Hoarding

“There is a wall of cash,” said Yves Carpentier, a Paris- based manager at Cap West, who oversees $118 million in three U.S. stock funds that have gained more than 32 percent this year, beating at least 87 percent of their competitors. “Stocks will be the investment of choice in the coming months.”

But I ama bear and i am staying a bear :D

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aoiQ9k29OK1s

hey Midas I will buy your rice from you at 30% discount when your ready , Naam would say "thats disgusting" :D

“The deeper the slump, the zippier the recovery." deep n meaningful :D ...... no really it is , just think about it :D

that's indeed disgusting Zorro! :) why only 30% discount? :D

"The deeper the slump, the zippier the recovery." deep n meaningful :D ...... no really it is , just think about it :D

that's indeed disgusting Zorro! :) why only 30% discount? :D

He will agree and I will do a total back flip and tell him its 60% or nothing. how disgusting is that? :D

wow almost 9800! is everyone nuts? or just me????? i am on the sidelines, figure this is way oversold...how do these snakes keep selling their oil????

wow almost 9800! is everyone nuts? or just me????? i am on the sidelines, figure this is way oversold...how do these snakes keep selling their oil????

Cash holders are looking at about a 2% annual return to rollover a 1 year CD this month. The S&P 500 is up 1.6% in the last 2 hours. It's not that hard to figure the motivations involved.

whatever the answer I am with you :)

especially on the same day the FDIC publicy announces it is running out of money .......its surreal

to watch all this happening but hel_l would freeze over before I play this game :D

especially on the same day the FDIC publicy announces it is running out of money .......its surreal

to watch all this happening but hel_l would freeze over before I play this game :D

Just like to clarify something here.

I believe oversold to mean that the price is too low and overbought to mean that the price is too high.

I would say that the Dow is overbought - not oversold.

Anyone else? How do you interpret overbought and oversold?

I believe oversold to mean that the price is too low and overbought to mean that the price is too high.

I use the 10 day TRIN:

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=...indicators:trin

That's the 10 day ema of the TRIN:

post-25601-1254212765_thumb.png

You can also use the one day values but I prefer the smoothed data.

Edited by lannarebirth

I use the 10 day TRIN:

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=...indicators:trin

That's the 10 day ema of the TRIN:

post-25601-1254212765_thumb.png

You can also use the one day values but I prefer the smoothed data.

I daytrade the ES (S&P 500 futures) on about 50% of the days it trades. I'm just too tired the rest of the time. Most of my trades are based on finding a bit of order in randomness.

I position trade S&P 500 Spyders and NASDAQ QQQQ and their leveraged equivalent ETF's. Sometimes I trade currency futures contracts to hedge $USD assets and sometimes I trade options on the $XAU. Most everything except the daytrades I only try to do at what I feel are extreme market levels and because I really don't enjoy trading very much.

you got it right, that's why I said "hope so"

Midas you have been fighting this since 7000 on the dow. Do you have any idea what you missed out on? Now your stuck, to frightened to enter and I dont blame you at all just remember the big money hasnt hit yet ... thats when you will be skating 300000000 kms down

whatever the answer I am with you :D

you got it right, that's why I said "hope so"

Midas you have been fighting this since 7000 on the dow. Do you have any idea what you missed out on? Now your stuck, to frightened to enter and I dont blame you at all just remember the big money hasnt hit yet ... thats when you will be skating 300000000 kms down

I am not fighting the markets at all zorro. :)

But I am very sad they have damaged what little integrity

there was in these so called “ markets ”. and its not just me saying so....

day in day out i reading the comments of professional traders

who also hate what is going on.

Short term gains maybe but at an enormous

cost to the future business environment in terms of loss of trust :D

wow look at the Dow.....

So I looked at the Dow and found that it has almost risen by 10% since the beginning of the year. It has risen by 5% over the last two months so I guess you could call that exciting.

Now closer to home you might realize things are actually going rather better. Noble launched a 230 unit condo in soi 26 at the Erawan Hotel on Sunday - 1000 people turned up and there was a 'fist fight' (obviously many of the attendees might have been there just for the fight) - the fight was over booking a reservation on a particular condo.

I know the general consensus is that Thailand is going down the toilet the baht will be at Bt60:US$1 and the country will be in the arms of the IMF but it isnt likely to end up that way is my guess.

As for the just wait until the big money gets argument in, it seems a bit like the play 'Waiting for Godot' by Samuel Beckett. As he himself said

'I don’t know who Godot is. I don’t even know (above all don’t know) if he exists. And I don’t know if they believe in him or not – those two who are waiting for him....All I knew I showed. It’s not much, but it’s enough for me, by a wide margin. I’ll even say that I would have been satisfied with less. As for wanting to find in all that a broader, loftier meaning to carry away from the performance, along with the program and the Eskimo pie, I cannot see the point of it.'

could 9800 be the short the Dow starting line?

if it was me i would short after a definite confirmation under 9616. say around 9400

What do you use to short the DOW? DXD?

wouldnt have a clue never shorted anything. I nearly did back at 8700 rang my broker and they dont short (Thank god) so I let it go

could 9800 be the short the Dow starting line?

if it was me i would short after a definite confirmation under 9616. say around 9400

What do you use to short the DOW? DXD?

wouldnt have a clue never shorted anything. I nearly did back at 8700 rang my broker and they dont short (Thank god) so I let it go

:)

FAZ looks interesting too :D

http://www.google.com/finance?q=FAZ

whats a FAZ ?

Direxion Daily Finan. Bear 3X Shs(ETF)

(Public, NYSE:FAZ)

Direxion Daily Financial Bear 3x Shares (the Fund), formerly Direxion Financial Bear 3X Shares, seeks daily investment results of 300% of the inverse (or opposite) of the price performance of the Russell 1000 Financial Services Index (the Financial Index). The Financial Index is a capitalization-weighted index of companies that provide financial services. The Fund does not invest in equity securities. The Fund creates short positions by investing at least 80% of its net assets in financial instruments that, in combination, provide leveraged and unleveraged exposure to the Financial Index, and the remainder in money market instruments. The Fund’s investment advisor is Rafferty Asset Management LLC.
Edited by flying