The Stock Market

IMO your burnt because you missed out and want another chance, fair enough :D

But who cares at the end of the day it's only monopoly money...

my wife tells me that ricefields, gold bars, houses, flats and cars can be bought with that monopoly money. she claims even supermarkets as well as other shops exchange goods for monopoly money and that she recently remodelled one of her flats using nothing but monopoly money. is she bullsh*tting me? :)

recently paid for a massage with monopoly money. she was happy to take it and even wanted more saying you give me tip

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's gone green!

ATN FLYING???? what a win for you was up100% inc readable congrats!!! ( i got the right stock?) Pen will get 8c before 4c stick with it, was surprise to see mii succumb to profit taking but they will be gone tomorrow and Mr market would have absorbed FIBR approval today. One of the best long termers around

(couldnt reply to you pm so posted here)

createInlineScriptElement("var%20LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_DEBUG%20%3D%20true%3B%0Avar%20LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_DEBUG_POS%20%3D%20false......................

+much much more

Ummmm seems my decoder ring is on the fritz again :)

That wasnt meant for you it was an encrypted message for Naam

but i will not publish your dirty and disgusting report how much monopoly money you made and what you did to that rice field which is near your home! :D

createInlineScriptElement("var%20LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_DEBUG%20%3D%20true%3B%0Avar%20LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_DEBUG_POS%20%3D%20false......................

+much much more

Ummmm seems my decoder ring is on the fritz again :)

That wasnt meant for you it was an encrypted message for Naam

but i will not publish your dirty and disgusting report how much monopoly money you made and what you did to that rice field which is near your home! :D

wow took me 3 days to encrypt that and you give the game away in 2 hours, no wonzer you germans loz the war :D

BREAKING NEWS FLASH

dow breaks through 2009 intra day highs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10,000 bring it on, maybe even tonight

Midas "go to directly to jail" :)

It's gone green!

ATN FLYING???? what a win for you was up100% inc readable congrats!!! ( i got the right stock?) Pen will get 8c before 4c stick with it, was surprise to see mii succumb to profit taking but they will be gone tomorrow and Mr market would have absorbed FIBR approval today. One of the best long termers around

I tried to get into ATN on open but it flew and I was too cautious (scared) and opted to sit it out :)( In hindsight I wish I bought at anything below 9cents as it closed just short of 10. Not sure about tomorrow, most likely will open higher. I think I will leave it alone until the announcement is out - too much hype now and if the news doesn't live up to expectations the sp will drop fast. Im kicking myself as I was watching it Thursday/Friday morning and decided against it - sp was @2.1 then!

Thought I saw a breakout on BCC this morning and bought in @5.8 but there was some big sellers dictating the trade today and it closed @5.1... They have some wells to drill early to mid November and they look promising so I might sit tight on those.

I saw the announcement come out for MII and it wasn't bad at all but sp dropped! <deleted>? I am looking for an entry soon.

I have a feeling PEN will come good, lots of potential there. Im in @5.4, so not as cheap as your entry but it only looks like going up from here.

Good luck!

sorry to hear ATN closed 150% up today, i never seen that before, that's life plenty more fish around

Mii was typical buy the rumor sell the news, The chinese aint silly if they buying 10mill worth at 8 c you can bet its worth way more than that. Same thing happened with PEN. we were stuck at 2.8 c for 2 months whilst insto"s scalped a 1c profit (2.8 cap raise) Look at Pen now 100% gains in a few months. Another one about to pop Is BMN right next door to EXT (wich went from 20c to $11 in 12 months)

Finally BCN if you can get 2.3c tomorrow its a great goldie

I dont think I have ever had a stock go up 154% in one day. Mind you I have never had a hole in one.

Another 9 points (just over 1%) and the Thai stockmarket will be up 100% in less than a year. And rather remarkably be over 50% below its highs 16 years ago.

I know what that proves - absolutely nothing - but there you go.

ATN FLYING???? what a win for you was up100% inc readable congrats!!! ( i got the right stock?)

No not me.....

But if your doing good then congrats.

So these are all penny stocks your trading?

ATN FLYING???? what a win for you was up100% inc readable congrats!!! ( i got the right stock?)

No not me.....

no meant flying, not flying nic. i didnt get on , you cant buy them all :)

No not me.....

no meant flying, not flying nic. i didnt get on , you cant buy them all :D

:):D I see I thought it was attention flying

Now I see you said ATN is flying

Hard to tell without actual names but I see most of the stocks you mention are penny stocks yes?

The TSX in Canada has 55% of the worlds mining stocks..mining stocks up 60% this year..I was down 28% last Nov 24..now way up big time.. we will see how it goes going forward..the best year ever for me financially..I would give advise(free..gratis..no cost..because I'm jai dee) of particular stocks if asked..otherwise I keep a low profile and rake in the dough

No not me.....

no meant flying, not flying nic. i didnt get on , you cant buy them all :D

:):D I see I thought it was attention flying

Now I see you said ATN is flying

Hard to tell without actual names but I see most of the stocks you mention are penny stocks yes?

yes they were hardest to fall and hardest to fly. Especially ones that have just cap raised . you wont see bhp double in 2 months or most blue chip and since divvies have been greatly reduced they not attractive however pennies are high risk that's why i stick with just completed cap raising stock. just a few examples

bmn

ccu

bcn

mii

pen

on radar

vpg

mak

and many others

many more that i have sold on the swing out of cap raising.

No not me.....

Penny stocks?? The ones with 10/20% spreads? The spreads that widen to 100% in a dump? Please say it's not true. Good luck. :)

Regards.

No not me.....

Penny stocks?? The ones with 10/20% spreads? The spreads that widen to 100% in a dump? Please say it's not true. Good luck. :)

Regards.

your kidding me right? so when do you buy them? I very quickly cottoned on they will recover hardest nearly everyone did thats why they jumped 300% in the rally but then again you had to believe in the recovery in the first place, bad luck sorry to hear you didn't think of it :D there's always bhp been the same price pretty much for 4 months, nice safe bet that one lol

When you trade penny stocks what is your average buy order in shares?

I dont like disclosing amounts but will give one example. I bought 1 million shares in PEN around 5 months ago. I own 3 penny now and have traded many. My holdings may seem large but are tiny in comparison to some , there is some big bucks out there let me tell you

I dont like disclosing amounts but will give one example. I bought 1 million shares in PEN around 5 months ago. I own 3 penny now and have traded many. My holdings may seem large but are tiny in comparison to some , there is some big bucks out there let me tell you

That is the thing about penny stocks.

You buy 1 million shares in a company that has 57 million market cap

I would think that alone would move the stock.

But if your doing well that is all that matters.

It's gone green!

I saw the announcement come out for MII and it wasn't bad at all but sp dropped! <deleted>? I am looking for an entry soon.

I have a feeling PEN will come good, lots of potential there. Im in @5.4, so not as cheap as your entry but it only looks like going up from here.

Good luck!

Good luck!

You better hurry have a looky which penny stock was covered by no less than THE AUSTRALIAN today. This is unbelievable exposure, will be 10C in a few weeks

China gets nod for stake in Meridian Minerals

Matt Chambers | October 13, 2009

Article from: The Australian

THE Foreign Investment Review Board has given its first approval for a Chinese state-owned purchase of a stake in a listed Australian miner since just after the July arrest of Rio Tinto executive Stern Hu.

In a sign-off that will give some comfort to the many dealmakers waiting on government approvals, FIRB has approved state-owned Northwest Mining & Geology's $10.5 million purchase of new shares that would give it a 45 per cent stake in lead and zinc explorer Meridian Minerals.

The previous announced approval of a Chinese state-owned purchase of a stake in an Australian resources company was on July 8, when Guangdon Foreign Trade Group was given the go-ahead to take up to a 19.9 per cent stake in Kagara.

Mr Hu and three other Rio employees were arrested in China on July 5 amid fraught annual iron ore pricing talks.

Meridian managing director Jeremy Read said that during the FIRB process, Meridian gave up some outstanding applications for tenements in the Woomera Prohibited Area in South Australia to get approval.

Government concerns meant OZ Minerals' Prominent Hill mine was removed from a full takeover by China Minmetals earlier this year.

Separately, and potentially China's biggest investment in Australia's resources sector, the $3 billion takeover of Felix Resources by Yanzhou Coal, faces delays after FIRB asked Yanzhou to resubmit its application a second time.

Felix said it could meet its timetable of holding a shareholder meeting in early December provided FIRB approved the deal in the next 30 days.

It is understood Treasurer Wayne Swan, who is on the FIRB and gives the final approval to its recommendations, has moved many of the decisions to Assistant Treasurer Nick Sherry.

The government has been swamped with applications from China in recent months despite diplomatic issues between the two nations

Edited by zorro1

That is the thing about penny stocks.

You buy 1 million shares in a company that has 57 million market cap

I would think that alone would move the stock.

But if your doing well that is all that matters.

They risky but you have to believe in what your doing. Pennies are not for the faint hearted and many a sleepless night but may only get one chance at the big $$$. I can catch up on sleep in a few years if the markets don't kill me first :)

They risky but you have to believe in what your doing. Pennies are not for the faint hearted and many a sleepless night but may only get one chance at the big $$. I can catch up on sleep in a few years if the markets don't kill me first :D

Well like I said if your doing good that is the bottom line.

You do have some big ones though :) To out big dollars into a stock that has hit some of the lows (truly a penny stock) it has & also the lack of cash earning etc take a big pair.

You bungi jump or sky dive on the weekends? :D

Good Luck to you & hope you have continued good fortune.

Edited by flying

actually flying I do have a pilots license commercial and flight instructor but haven't flown in 20 years but thinking about getting back in just my private license for fun, heck if these pennies keep moving I may go back to commercial for that Jet, whats the latest one these days? the falcon? the lear jet is soooo yesterday LOL. By the way Pen was 11c once, successful cap raise at 2.8c so really the only way was up from there. Not as risky as you may think

Zorro, saw that article, should bode well for a nice opening tomorrow :) I haven't made an entry yet but will look to soon. What is the timeline for upcoming news on MII???

Glad I stayed away from ATN today, fell back a little.

Someone above mentioned something about never hearing of a stock rising 150% in one day... MOG did 350% in one day at the beginning of this month and then backed up the next day with another 70%. Not bad if you held from the start :D

The 'penny' stocks certainly are not for the feint hearted but offer the best returns, so with some careful research and LUCK, good returns can be made. Not something to bet your house on but a good risk/return ratio :D

i never buy after a huge rally. You may get your chance re MII. some one dumped 80,000 shares at close right through 4 lines and now at 7.5

oh the joys of illiquid stock amazing what one person can do, it was trading all day at around 8c he had plenty of time but if you get a margin call or need your cash right now you take what you can get lol. MII has got the 10 mill from the Chinese for an aggressive drilling programme so lots of announcements to spike the sp. Also where do you think the Chinese will buy their zinc from when its a mine eventually?

my wife tells me that gold bars, can be bought with that monopoly money.

I know this sounds funny but I think the day will come soon when gold is not for sale.

At least not to us smaller buyers.

But as for now I agree it is a good buy with the monopoly money aka: FED Reserve notes...aka: IOU's :D

soon to be worth no more than paper and ink :)

someone very kindly sent me the Kindle Edition of this book due out shortly.

The Dollar Meltdown by Charles Goyette

It' s sobering reading.

I dont think people realise how quickly things are going to change..... :D

post-6925-1255416998_thumb.jpg

How quickly is 'quickly'??

" It Will Happen Overnight ". :)

Imagine waking up one Monday morning and hearing on the news that the dollar has officially been devalued. Old dollars will now buy only a fraction (say 40% or less) of what they did on the previous day. What??? No way. You gotta be kidding, right? No!

Many economists and financial forecasters believe such an event is now not only likely, it's unavoidable. And, no, there will not be a warning. It will happen literally overnight, most likely on a Sunday late in the evening hours when markets are closed and most everyone is at home asleep.

President Obama may then declare a national banking holiday (bank closures) to facilitate implementation of an official devaluation.

If banks do close, only those people with cash in hand will be able to buy necessities, but keep in mind those dollars will buy much less. Also, during this time no checks will be accepted by merchants or be deposited. Debit and credit cards will not work to make purchases, and ATM's will all be closed. Banks could be closed for several days before they are ready to reopen with the new devalued dollar.

He warns how this will impact the everyday lives of US citizens.....such as needing to pay to fill up the car with petrol :D

" It Will Happen Overnight ". :)

Many economists and financial forecasters believe such an event is now not only likely, it's unavoidable. And, no, there will not be a warning. It will happen literally overnight, most likely on a Sunday late in the evening hours when markets are closed and most everyone is at home asleep.

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

A year ago I listened to this crash course. It seemed like logical information.

Which is why I have said a few times this year that given a year to prepare was a good thing. Yes it may or may not happen.

But seeing all that has occurred this year & having done absolutely nothing to prepare for a worse case scenario would be a waste. If nothing happens the preparations are nothing that would be considered a waste.