The Stock Market

President Obama may then declare a national banking holiday (bank closures) to facilitate implementation of an official devaluation.

and after grandma had finished reading this sentence she realised little Willy was fast asleep albeit with an extremely bored expression on his face :)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

say Barack... when is you going to devalue them bucks?

ah is not knowing yet Mee-Shell. we has to wait till them smart ones in Thaivisa are less alert. they is smelling sumptin. Bernanke and the FED is on stand-by waitin for mah word.

dats nice Honey. please not on a monday when i is due shoppin fer ribs.

Why have an overnight devaluation when you can jawbone, print and policy your way down there?

because that does not fit in the picture of the little doom&gloom Willies! moreover, disgusting speculators like Zorro would have time to convert all their holdings into precious metals. that wouldn't be right, would it? :)

say Barack... when is you going to devalue them bucks?

ah is not knowing yet Mee-Shell. we has to wait till them smart ones in Thaivisa are less alert. they is smelling sumptin. Bernanke and the FED is on stand-by waitin for mah word.

dats nice Honey. please not on a monday when i is due shoppin fer ribs.

ROFL! " sumptin may be up!" woops false alarm, its just midas"s expendable handle with the little mirror on it poking up through the titanium enforced hatch in his bunker. cant be to careful once they get a wiff he got 2 tonnes down there they will tear him to shreds. Overnight of course :)

How quickly is 'quickly'??

" It Will Happen Overnight ". :)

Imagine waking up one Monday morning and hearing on the news that the dollar has officially been devalued. Old dollars will now buy only a fraction (say 40% or less) of what they did on the previous day. What??? No way. You gotta be kidding, right? No!

Many economists and financial forecasters believe such an event is now not only likely, it's unavoidable. And, no, there will not be a warning. It will happen literally overnight, most likely on a Sunday late in the evening hours when markets are closed and most everyone is at home asleep.

President Obama may then declare a national banking holiday (bank closures) to facilitate implementation of an official devaluation.

Utter <deleted>. The US does not officially value the USD so it cannot possibly be officially devalued by the government. The USD has a floating exchange rate and the FX market can easily overwhelm anything the government decides to do, official or otherwise.

its just midas"s expendable handle with the little mirror on it poking up through the titanium enforced hatch in his bunker. cant be to careful once they get a wiff he got 2 tonnes down there they will tear him to shreds. Overnight of course.

on a monday? :)

Edited by Naam

How quickly is 'quickly'??

:) like losing your virginity, over before you know it

LOL we just had a rapid rise to near 10,000 on the dow so a bit of sideways and some more correction perhaps ? we may even test recent support thats okay as long as we are in the trading channel. TV postings tend to be extreme at times, keep your eye on the dow chart, we are totally in an uptrend and until I see any different i will add not sell. Just my opinion of course DYOR

Edited by zorro1

Utter <deleted>. The US does not officially value the USD so it cannot possibly be officially devalued by the government. The USD has a floating exchange rate and the FX market can easily overwhelm anything the government decides to do, official or otherwise.

you know that, i know that, a lot of people know. Midas and those who's sh*t he quotes quite obviously don't know. somehow it reminds of the story that on a monday when the U.S. is still sleeping and Europe has breakfast the news is that the Chinese have sold all the UST they are holding. the story does however not tell who bought the papers.

:)

Why have an overnight devaluation when you can jawbone, print and policy your way down there?

because that does not fit in the picture of the little doom&gloom Willies! moreover, disgusting speculators like Zorro would have time to convert all their holdings into precious metals. that wouldn't be right, would it? :)

And short the DOW on the way down, How disgusting is that!!!

then Zorro cried bitterly, swore in a disgusting way, cancelled the order for the jet and wished he had a ricefield in Issaan.

Millionaires to make riskier investments

http://www.thebull.com.au/articles_detail.php?id=6620

No way am I one however these guys may take me for a hel_l of a ride if we can get through and hold 10,000 Naam you can sit in first class , but only cause you can afford it :) Midas flys free will handle the baggage, serve the meals and then sit in the back eating steamed....

The TSX in Canada has 55% of the worlds mining stocks..mining stocks up 60% this year..I was down 28% last Nov 24..now way up big time.. we will see how it goes going forward..the best year ever for me financially..I would give advise(free..gratis..no cost..because I'm jai dee) of particular stocks if asked..otherwise I keep a low profile and rake in the dough

maybe you can tell me why BMN goes up there and goes down here after conversion of course?? contribute as much as you like need a few more bulls :)

well done I entered in NOV , to early and got hammered rode it out gee that was scary rest is history

Edited by zorro1

then Zorro cried bitterly, swore in a disgusting way, cancelled the order for the jet and wished he had a ricefield in Issaan.

No way am I one however these guys may take me for a hel_l of a ride if we can get through and hold 10,000 Naam you can sit in first class , but only cause you can afford it :D Midas flys free will handle the baggage, serve the meals and then sit in the back eating steamed....

you mean i have to pay? if yes, fiat or Krügers? :)

The TSX in Canada has 55% of the worlds mining stocks..mining stocks up 60% this year..I was down 28% last Nov 24..now way up big time.. we will see how it goes going forward..the best year ever for me financially..I would give advise(free..gratis..no cost..because I'm jai dee) of particular stocks if asked..otherwise I keep a low profile and rake in the dough

maybe you can tell me why BMN goes up there and goes down here after conversion of course?? contribute as much as you like need a few more bulls :)

well done I entered in NOV , to early and got hammered rode it out gee that was scary rest is history

It would help if you explained what BMN and NOV are. Are you referring to Ticker symbols? If so on what exchange?

If by NOV, you mean that you entered the stockmarkets in NOVember and too early, scary and you got hammered, but rode it out, then I am worried for you.

No way am I one however these guys may take me for a hel_l of a ride if we can get through and hold 10,000 Naam you can sit in first class , but only cause you can afford it :D Midas flys free will handle the baggage, serve the meals and then sit in the back eating steamed....

you mean i have to pay? if yes, fiat or Krügers? :)

Australian dollars ONLY :D

well well futures green again hmmm 10,000 is like a darn magnet. Can see profit taking happening at close though weak and stale bulls will never believe we nearly at 10,000 and will smash through to 1150 , will be so quick NOT OVERNIGHT though :) imagine the bears would be turning to Buddha for guidance about now :D

Oh really ? :)

The Plaza Accord or Plaza Agreement was an agreement between the governments of France, West Germany, Japan, the United States and the United Kingdom, agreeing to depreciate the US dollar in relation to the Japanese yen and German Deutsche Mark by intervening in currency markets. The five governments signed the accord on September 22, 1985 at the Plaza Hotel in New York City.

The exchange rate value of the dollar versus the yen declined by 51% from 1985 to 1987. Most of this devaluation was due to the $10 billion spent by the participating central banks.[citation needed] Currency speculation caused the dollar to continue its fall after the end of coordinated interventions. Unlike some similar financial crises of the 1990s, such as the Mexican and the Argentine financial crises of 1994 and 2001 respectively, this devaluation was planned, done in an orderly, pre-announcement manner and did not lead to financial panic in the world markets.

The reason for the dollar's devaluation was twofold: to reduce the US current account deficit, which had reached 3.5% of the GDP, and to help the US economy to emerge from a serious recession that began in the early 1980s. The U.S. Federal Reserve System under Paul Volcker had overvalued the dollar enough to make industry in the US (particularly the automobile industry) less competitive in the global market. Devaluing the dollar made US exports cheaper to its trading partners, which in turn meant that other countries bought more American-made goods and services. The Plaza Accord was successful in reducing the US trade deficit with Western European nations but largely failed to fulfill its primary objective of alleviating the trade deficit with Japan because this deficit was due to structural rather than monetary conditions. US manufactured goods became more competitive in the exports market but were still largely unable to succeed in the Japanese domestic market due to Japan's structural restrictions on imports.[clarification needed] The recessionary effects of the strengthened yen in Japan's export-dependent economy created an incentive for the expansionary monetary policies that led to the Japanese asset price bubble of the late 1980s. The Louvre Accord was signed in 1987 to halt the continuing decline of the US Dollar.

The signing of the Plaza Accord was significant in that it reflected Japan's emergence as a real player in managing the international monetary system.

It would help if you explained what BMN and NOV are. Are you referring to Ticker symbols? If so on what exchange?

If by NOV, you mean that you entered the stockmarkets in NOVember and too early, scary and you got hammered, but rode it out, then I am worried for you.

BMN ASX , TSX its BAN

Loong what I dropped in the first 2 months some people earn in a year . that isnt scary? they were calling a depression every where in which case I may have lost the lot. Whats the diff when you lose it? at 7000 dow or 2000 dow? so yes it was scary . Dont worry for me , worry for those that sit on their hands, missing wealth creation is also scary just my opinion :D

While it cant happen overnight, I do believe that the policymaker can overwhelm the FX market to devalue its currency with enough effort in the US. Ultimately it can simply print money for nothing and buy up foreign assets.

Oh really ? :)

The Plaza Accord or Plaza Agreement was an agreement between the governments of France, West Germany, Japan, the United States and the United Kingdom, agreeing to depreciate the US dollar in relation to the Japanese yen and German Deutsche Mark by intervening in currency markets.

central bank intervention might depreciate a currency. a devaluation is a completely different animal. in 1985 the dollar shot to unhealthy heights not seen since the 1960s. presently a dollar depreciation seems to be in progress based on offer and demand which is based on fundamentals. the perception of the markets is that the fundamentals for the dollar look shitty² but the tide might turn. currency markets (or any markets) have never been rational. they are driven by charts, sentiment, beliefs such as "the trend is my friend", voodoo technical analysis, waves, tea leaves, chicken entrails, cyclical ups and and downs, wet positive dreams like those of our friend VegasVic, wet negative dreams of our doom&gloom masochist friends and of course the always present greed of investors.

Midas googling like crazy surrounded by 17 computers in the bunker looking for a reply to something he doesnt have a clue about. I havnt a clue so will sip wine from my coffee cup and watch it unfold :)

Edited by zorro1

Loong what I dropped in the first 2 months some people earn in a year . that isnt scary? they were calling a depression every where in which case I may have lost the lot. Whats the diff when you lose it? at 7000 dow or 2000 dow? so yes it was scary . Dont worry for me , worry for those that sit on their hands, missing wealth creation is also scary just my opinion :D

You come out with such classic statements

" ]missing wealth creation " This is excactly what Wild Bill Hickok used to say :)

:D

BMN ASX , TSX its BAN

Zorro, I Do worry for you, I can't help it. Your inexperience is just so obvious. If you invest in a market and the market moves against you and you admit that if it had continued to go down you would have lost the lot, that suggests to me that you had no exit strategy.

I don't mean any offense, but in all honesty you give the impression of a crowing arrogant newbie. I'm sure that others will agree with me. Hopefully it's just because of this issue that you have with Midas that gives this impression and you are not really like that.

I say that with the best possible intentions, I'm really not trying to put you down. I'm honestly concerned.

Why are the bears sitting on their hands? It's because they are experienced traders and they are waiting for the bulls to show signs of indecision or weariness. When that happens the bears will come out of hibernation and they will send this market down. The bulls will lose money and the bears will benefit as the bulls sell, sell, sell as the momentum downwards gathers pace.

When it does happen, I hope that you have the sense to get out.

Midas googling like crazy surrounded by 17 computers in the bunker looking for a reply to something he doesnt have a clue about. I havnt a clue so will sip wine from my coffee cup and watch it unfold :)

well i put your wine down for a minute and go and ask for your money back for your " magnet " because

it' not much of a magnet :D :D

even the experts can't agree :)

But what David Rosenberg asks sums it all up IMO :D

" The stock market is telling you there’s an all-clear signal,” Rosenberg says. “Why are banks not buying into that? If they were, they would be expanding their balance sheets.”

Rosenberg Sees Low-To-No-Growth as Kantor Vows Vigorous Economy

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=axnCbWZ33aEU

Loong Thanks dad. I was the first to say I got lucky "you give the impression of a crowing arrogant newbie". Thats because I am how else could I have got this far, I know I annoy the crap out of people but my calls have been right , give me a little credit . Let me tell you something intersting Loong. for 25 years I have been in the motor industry as a general manger of some of the worlds biggest and now consult with marketing and sales training (semi retired now 47 ) , so who would you think would make the better sales person? the gun who has been around for 30 years or that great attitude 20 year old waiter that serves you your steak?? well obviuously I gave the game away. The young gun is all they hire now , much easier to learn new habits the undo old ones. My point being and old trader doesnt make a good trader hence the bears sit there missing the whole rally. You say " I hope that you have the sense to get out" I say what a shame the experienced non newbie bears didnt have the sense to get back in. I can and will get out if the bottom Chanel of the chart is broken . Loong I can and will work it both ways , call that arrogant? fine with me :D

p.s whos Midas? :)

Edited by zorro1

even the experts can't agree :)

But what David Rosenberg asks sums it all up IMO :D

" The stock market is telling you there's an all-clear signal," Rosenberg says. "Why are banks not buying into that? If they were, they would be expanding their balance sheets."

Rosenberg Sees Low-To-No-Growth as Kantor Vows Vigorous Economy

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=axnCbWZ33aEU

Interesting times Midas, bears know how psychologically important 10000 on the dow is

When it does happen, I hope that you have the sense to get out.

Loong I know you are genuinely concerned and I mean what I say :) so far as the "arrogant newb " Im the only one to have posted any type of tech analyst

of where the dow is heading including every chart of golden crosses and dow turn points just scroll back, even sold down into them to hedge. Most are basing a sell on "IMO" or an overlap chart back to the great depression, thats a shame on the bears . Loong what logic did you use for the above statement? :D can you or anyone else provide even a basic chart to show a sell??? Any type of T/A will do me. Please dont let me down in the tech area , heck I even called a strong buy on gold at $1000 wont bother quoting its a few pages back and bought bucket loads ,so convince me to sell :D

Edited by zorro1