The Stock Market

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he went short yesterday, kind of odd for a bear to declare his now a bull at the topy end of this cycle :D

look at the futures today........that was short and sweet :)

Maybe 10,000 is the resistance ? :D

short and sweet was the rise from 6500 midas. 10,000 will be both support and resistance for a while yet one would think. As`loong mentioned a serious move up from mid 10,000 would indicate blue sky

I think he went short yesterday, kind of odd for a bear to declare his now a bull at the topy end of this cycle :D

amazing we keep bouncing off it, if this holds or if by chance we are green tomorrow then the mother of all rally's is about to begin. Midas can I please have a 11500 dow cap :D

Always wondered why a bear would call himself Loong! nice charts but since we haven't nor the dax broken support i wonder why you switch so quick. Naam tell me why?

You promised me berries and salmon if I switched back to being a bear. As a bear, I haven't been able to afford to eat such luxuries for months :)

[

As a bull I only eat at bullies cnr soi 4 and suk. the foods okay but you can sit out front where the bull is although try to ignore the massive balls if one has big ball envy.

The US has experienced six recessions since 1972. At least five of these were associated with oil prices. In every case, when oil consumption in the US reached 4% percent of GDP, the US went into recession. Right now, 4% of GDP is $80 oil. So that’s my current view: If the oil price exceeds $80, then expect the US to fall back into recession.

May be a interesting yardstick now that oil is at 77.5+

http://www.aspousa.org/index.php/2009/09/t...-steven-kopits/

amazing we keep bouncing off it, if this holds or if by chance we are green tomorrow then the mother of all rally's is about to begin. Midas can I please have a 11500 dow cap :D

By all means but it will also have the Ladbrokes logo because dont ever describe this " stock market " as " investment " :D

Mark-to-Make-Believe Turns Junk Loans to Gold: Jonathan Weil

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aUg4uV.mo1kw

Edited by midas

The US has experienced six recessions since 1972. At least five of these were associated with oil prices. In every case, when oil consumption in the US reached 4% percent of GDP, the US went into recession. Right now, 4% of GDP is $80 oil. So that's my current view: If the oil price exceeds $80, then expect the US to fall back into recession.

May be a interesting yardstick now that oil is at 77.5+

http://www.aspousa.org/index.php/2009/09/t...-steven-kopits/

Flying have closed down half of my positions today. For no other reason except profit taking. bought more uranium and gold stock, I have only ever traded oil a few times . So are you saying that USA will have a double recession? I thought we already there

Flying have closed down half of my positions today. For no other reason except profit taking. bought more uranium and gold stock, I have only ever traded oil a few times . So are you saying that USA will have a double recession? I thought we already there

Man I think so many have falsely thought that. We did not feel any pain at all compared to where it could go. That lack of pain

(in the markets only)of course being the result of trillions being thrown at the problem. But you know, at times I wonder if this has all been a small benefit to the pensions? I mean the gov knew the result of what happened last year. If the pensions dies the pensioners would probably all become wards of the State. This throwing of the funds at banks to gamble in the market...original intention or not... probably did in fact give the pension funds a boost. Not back to where they were but at least not as crippled. Now on the upcoming tank they will pull quickly & go tangible so as to not be in the same place they were last time.

During the next few Daily candles, it looks like the Dow will enter a resistance zone with very strong resistance at 10,367.

Man that is right about at the 10,359.5 I mentioned...It will be interesting if nothing else.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Stock-Market...52#entry3076352

Edited by flying

"We did not feel any pain at all compared to where it could go"

Flying,how do you know? have you ever experienced lower lows than the recent crash?

I spend 4 hours every night researching including reading posts on hot copper from the peak to the crash, I totally disagree, the pain most went through made it difficult to read at times.

"I just lost 500K " and Im ruined etc was frequently mentioned. Also the pension thing is your opinion and not fact. fact we are bouncing off 10,000. Thats the only thing I care about :-)

Edited by zorro1

Flying,how do you know? have you ever experienced lower lows than the recent crash?

I was trading tech stocks 1999-2001 Naz went 5000 > 1300

None was throwing trillions into the pot that time. Folks did not have another shot at it & to this day cant be made whole. But even that was mild in many ways. Because soon after the housing boom started.

That would be the equal of the 14000 DOW going to 2800 in this recent....crash?

I dont call what we just saw a crash at all. But I think we will see one soon enough.

There will be no boom following this one though

I have read much about the crash of 32 & my grandfather told me many stories as he was married that year.

I have not seen anything that remotely resembles that yet.

PS: the pension thing is fact & easily checked. They were badly invested & lost.

Edited by flying

I was trading tech stocks 1999-2001 Naz went 5000 > 1300

None was throwing trillions into the pot that time. Folks did not have another shot at it & to this day cant be made whole. But even that was mild in many ways. Because soon after the housing boom started.

That would be the equal of the 14000 DOW going to 2800 in this recent....crash?

I dont call what we just saw a crash at all. But I think we will see one soon enough.

I have read much about the crash of 32 & my grandfather told me many stories as he was married that year.

PS: the pension thing is fact & easily checked. They were badly invested & lost.

yeah I know about the pension loss wasnt doubting it , was refering to this "But you know, at times I wonder if this has all been a small benefit to the pensions? " although it makes sense can it be proved. No doubt they have benefited, we all have even if it was just the $1000 ruddd cheque. Its just my onion but we really cant compare the last big D to these times.,well let me state it would be impossible to compare for obviuose reasons.

Maybe sons like this wouldnt let them :D

You know I have seen a few of his videos over the past year or so. He comes off as a total lunatic but what he say's is basically true. :)

Edited by flying

25% unemployment predicted :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGtMYylVxoQ

25% unemployment predicted :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGtMYylVxoQ

midas I look forward to meeting you one day but I imagine that I will see a man with a shock on his face :) you sigh off with most posts looking shocked. Missing 3500 climb on the dow is indeed shocking :D wonder what side of the fence Loong- Bear is on today :D

Zorro,

one does not kick a man who lies knocked out on the ground. that's disgusting! :) even if he still tries to kick a bit :D

looking at the futures he will get kicked in the morning, lucky for him i wear flip flops and he has a hide of an elephant

I notice that newsletters are getting more and more obtuse.....

Some quotes from a recent one...

"Suppose the mind consciousness is observing an elephant walking. During the time of observation, the object of mind consciousness may not be the elephant in and of itself. It may only be a mental construction of the elephant based on previous images of elephants that have been imprinted in store consciousness.

EDIT: It goes on like this so you can stop there if you like.

"Inquiry means not using the mental creation, but allowing yourself to get in touch, and to try to see how things truly are. We practice not to be influenced by the name, because when we are caught in the name we can't see reality."

A novice monk approaches his teacher and asks, "Is this a bull market or a bear market?"

The teacher replies, "If it is a warm day, and I say that it is winter, will you still wear your heaviest coat?" Edit: Do monks really do that?

"This is, because that is. This is not, because that is not." Edit: I this point I would like to make it clear that I do not pay for this newsletter.

"If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?" BTW there is interpretation of these sayings. Our immediate impulse is to think, of course it makes a sound. But look more carefully. If a tree falls, it certainly will make the air move, but what is sound?

"If a share of stock is sold in a forest, and nobody is around to buy it, does it still generate a fill?" This Zen stuff is tricky - I mean if there was noone to buy it, how did he sell?

A novice monk approaches his teacher and asks "What is the price movement of one share being bought?"

The teacher holds out a cypress leaf in his palm and asks, "Did I catch the leaf as it fell from the tree, or did I raise it from the ground?" Whatever those two are on, I want some.

Conclusion

"If you touch one thing with deep awareness, you touch everything."

So this by the way is only my 3 month view

wanna trade gold futures tuesday, october 20, 2009.....?

i trade multiple contracts which might or might not be the same way you trade....

you are your own master, so beware and watch your own trade, ok?

here is a part of the conversation taken place after the close of last night session....

also pls remember that past successes can not guarantee future performance.... so be aware ok?

I notice that newsletters are getting more and more obtuse.....

Some quotes from a recent one...

"Suppose the mind consciousness is observing an elephant walking. During the time of observation, the object of mind consciousness may not be the elephant in and of itself. It may only be a mental construction of the elephant based on previous images of elephants that have been imprinted in store consciousness.

EDIT: It goes on like this so you can stop there if you like.

"Inquiry means not using the mental creation, but allowing yourself to get in touch, and to try to see how things truly are. We practice not to be influenced by the name, because when we are caught in the name we can't see reality."

A novice monk approaches his teacher and asks, "Is this a bull market or a bear market?"

The teacher replies, "If it is a warm day, and I say that it is winter, will you still wear your heaviest coat?" Edit: Do monks really do that?

"This is, because that is. This is not, because that is not." Edit: I this point I would like to make it clear that I do not pay for this newsletter.

"If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?" BTW there is interpretation of these sayings. Our immediate impulse is to think, of course it makes a sound. But look more carefully. If a tree falls, it certainly will make the air move, but what is sound?

"If a share of stock is sold in a forest, and nobody is around to buy it, does it still generate a fill?" This Zen stuff is tricky - I mean if there was noone to buy it, how did he sell?

A novice monk approaches his teacher and asks "What is the price movement of one share being bought?"

The teacher holds out a cypress leaf in his palm and asks, "Did I catch the leaf as it fell from the tree, or did I raise it from the ground?" Whatever those two are on, I want some.

Conclusion

"If you touch one thing with deep awareness, you touch everything."

So this by the way is only my 3 month view

:) That cracked me up Abrak, very good.

I can just picture a Thai broker saying this in response to "Do you think the SETs going up or down from here?"

wanna trade gold futures tuesday, october 20, 2009.....?

i trade multiple contracts which might or might not be the same way you trade....

you are your own master, so beware and watch your own trade, ok?

here is a part of the conversation taken place after the close of last night session....

also pls remember that past successes can not guarantee future performance.... so be aware ok?

i was going to upload a 40 second video clip for you all.... but it was not successful.... sorry

i also tried to upload just the audio portion without the video, but it was not allowed either.... very frustrating....

perhaps, i did not know enough about how to upload within tv framework.... lol stupid me....

Edited by nakachalet

I can just picture a Thai broker saying this in response to "Do you think the SETs going up or down from here?"

Actually the interpretation by the fund manager presumably charging 2% and 10% over 20% is just as funny....

One of the most useful ways of interpreting price and volume behavior is this: if something makes a given trader want to buy, the price must move in a way that either removes that impulse or induces another trader to sell. There is no other option.

And just to reiterate his moment of enlightenment - namely for every buyer there must be a seller...

We can talk about differences in eagerness or in pressure as moving stock prices. But we cannot talk about money going in or money going out. We cannot talk about supply being greater than demand or vice versa. In equilibrium, the two must be equal.

Probably earns US$50m a year for this stuff

Personally when the bears disappear off to Lala land it must be the top of the market.

Anyway my guess is the SET has topped almost perfectly at double its lows....

DEAR MODERATOR

how can a person upload a short 40 seconds video clip, pls? and/or

a audio clip of the similar length, pls?

thx much

i like to have other gold traders listen and watch the brief clip which might help each to make a few extra grand or two tonight....

to be honest, i use other personalized trading charts and tools as well.... and the payoff is in the middle six digit last quarter alone....

any chance that you can post a link as how to upload video and or audio clip, pls?

Edited by nakachalet

If you look below the replying screen you will see "Attachment Editor"

You should be able to upload via this ?

--------------

yes, i did use this window thusly:

1--i choose a file intended to be uploaded

2--when name of file appears on small window to the left of the UPLOAD box

3--i click on the upload box, which normally will begin the upload of file, then

4--on the left hand side where it says ATTACHMENTS window--current attachment 1 will appear after the particular file is successfully uploaded

5--then i would click on the ADD REPLY button, to send whatever message together with the uploaded file to the forum page....

i repeat this process four times already to no avail....

WHICH STEP DO I NEED TO ADD, TO MAKE IT WORK.... gold market is going to open in a few hours.... lol

hate to haul the gold by myself.... its weight is unbearable.... its current value is extremely intoxicating at least.... lol

if there is no error in my uploading process, then

PERHAPS CHURCHILL, CAN I EMAIL THE SHORT CLIP TO YOU VIA EMAIL, THEN, IF YOU WISH, AFTER HAVING WATCHED AND LISTENED TO, YOU CAN HELP ME UPLOAD IT.... it is entirely up to you though..... any way thanks for trying to help me upload..... cheers

Actually the interpretation by the fund manager presumably charging 2% and 10% over 20% is just as funny....

One of the most useful ways of interpreting price and volume behavior is this: if something makes a given trader want to buy, the price must move in a way that either removes that impulse or induces another trader to sell. There is no other option.

And just to reiterate his moment of enlightenment - namely for every buyer there must be a seller...

We can talk about differences in eagerness or in pressure as moving stock prices. But we cannot talk about money going in or money going out. We cannot talk about supply being greater than demand or vice versa. In equilibrium, the two must be equal.

Probably earns US$50m a year for this stuff

Personally when the bears disappear off to Lala land it must be the top of the market.

Anyway my guess is the SET has topped almost perfectly at double its lows....

I doubt whoever wrote that has a particularly good record, its complete gibberish.

Although, as this thread can attest, anyone in the last year can simply buy and become convinced they're talented :D

Also its only hedge funds that charge large performance fees. Unless the author works at a hedge fund, or for friends, I imagine the business structure and fees are the same as any other investment fund.