Malaria

MJP

A week ago started feeling groggy, this was the Sunday. By Monday dire lethargy, fever started, but no headache, muscles and joints seizing up. Tuesday, sofa day, fever full on sweating, could not move, joints and muscles sore. Wednesday, same as Tuesday. Thursday same. Friday, a little better.

Saturday morning, fine and dandy . . . until 4pm, went down hill again, temperature rising, difficult to move. Sunday (today) okay(ish) but it's still there.

Fever, muscle and joint malfunction, but no headache.

Lot of mosquitos about and sister swears it's malaria. Off to Doc's tonight. I'm out in the sticks close(ish) to Roi-Et.

Anyone had malaria and recognise these symptoms?

Edited by MJP

A week ago started feeling groggy, this was the Sunday. By Monday dire lethargy, fever started, but no headache, muscles and joints seizing up. Tuesday, sofa day, fever full on sweating, could not move, joints and muscles sore. Wednesday, same as Tuesday. Thursday same. Friday, a little better.

Saturday morning, fine and dandy . . . until 4pm, went down hill again, temperature rising, difficult to move. Sunday (today) okay(ish) but it's still there.

Lot of mosquitos about and sister swears it's malaria. Off to Doc's tonight. I'm out in the sticks close(ish) to Roi-Et.

Doesnt sound like Malaria, but certainly sounds like Dengue fever

Doesnt sound like Malaria, but certainly sounds like Dengue fever

Yikes!!!

Cheers. Should know in the next day or two.

Dont ask on here go and get a blood test .

Hope you get better soon could be any one of a list of vector based illness.

Thanks Stiggy,

I need to get better really quick, have a site meeting in Bermuda on the 17th.

I've had maleria.

Incubation period is about two weeks.

If you can eat. You don't have it. If everytime that you eat you are sick (vomitting) then it's a possibility.

It ain't malaria then. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had maleria.

Incubation period is about two weeks.

If you can eat. You don't have it. If everytime that you eat you are sick (vomitting) then it's a possibility.

It ain't malaria then. Thanks.

This recent article about a new threat might interest those living in malaria-prone areas. Sorry to add a health scare to all the others, but read it & decide if you need the mentioned mosquito nets.

Johann Hari: The forgotten war that could kill millions of children: This parasite is stripping away our ability to treat one of the deadliest diseases

The Independent Wednesday, 12 August 2009

On the border between Thailand and Cambodia, a mighty battle is taking place – and the outcome will determine whether millions of people live or die.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/comme...en-1770655.html

Old Git Tom

Edited by OldgitTom