Wheel Chair Rental In Chiang Mai ...?

annabel

Is it possible to rent a wheel chair in Chiang Mai ...?? I have a guest visiting for 2 weeks who has Parkinson's and needs one...where can I rent one for him...??

Thanks

Nottoo sure if you can rent one here. I know they cost from 2500 baht to buy but would be better to spend about 400o baht. If he is coming by plane from wherever he comes from the wheelchair is carried free.

Thanks a lot ...will suggest that to him ....he is coming from the UK ...so yes, you're probably right ..better to bring his own

Thanks again

Is it possible to rent a wheel chair in Chiang Mai ...?? I have a guest visiting for 2 weeks who has Parkinson's and needs one...where can I rent one for him...??

Thanks

Nottoo sure if you can rent one here. I know they cost from 2500 baht to buy but would be better to spend about 400o baht. If he is coming by plane from wherever he comes from the wheelchair is carried free.

Annabel.....I looked all over CM for years and couldn't find a rental for my 90 yr old father who is falling apart....no have, maybe a good opportunity for someone?

We ended up borrowing one from a local public clinic, but it was an unfoldable giant.

One person that has them occasionally is Don at the Disabled center, but they go out fast. I'll look for his contact if you are still interested, but as stated above, the airlines will ship them for free as accompanied baggage.

I recall a customer renting a wheelchair from Dr Wong Hospital. The guy who rented it comes occasionally to the pub I'll see if I can get an idea about price. Otherwise, give them a call. I got the address/number from the internet.

Dr. Wong Hospital 111/1 Charoen Muang Rd., Soi 3, Muang, Chiang Mai 50000 053-247519

There is a large medical supply shop about half way up Chotana Road and the left going towards the Superhighway. They rent medical air bottles, walking frames and such. I have seen wheel chairs in there, but no idea if they are for rent. Certainly worth a try.

There is a large medical supply shop about half way up Chotana Road and the left going towards the Superhighway. They rent medical air bottles, walking frames and such. I have seen wheel chairs in there, but no idea if they are for rent. Certainly worth a try.

Similarly, there is a large medical supply shop about half way up Charoenmuang Road on the left going towards the Superhighway, just past the Railway station. They rent medical air bottles, walking frames and such. I have seen wheel chairs in there, but no idea if they are for rent. Certainly worth a try.

I've found that most of the hospital wheelchairs ae clunkers in need of repair....often no brakes or foot pads. Almost as bad as the attendants that greet you in emergency with the chair. Many occasions with my broken old father has taught me this and I have asked all over town about rentals and so far....no can do.

they want to sell you a new one of course.

I'll have need for one soon, as my father had another fall and may finally break down and buy one.

They are cheap and high tech here........or if you buy one for the short period and want to sell it when you leave, give me a PM and I'll pay you a fair price..

Pharmachoice wherehouse on the BoSang rd has the best prices that I've seen in town and they will give up to 20% discount.

Big Big Thank you to all of you for the very helpful information and all. The gentleman in question is only coming in November so I have time to work this out with him and see if he wants to bring his own (If he has one) , or buy one here and donate after or borrow one from one of you great guys!!

Thanks so much and I'll be in touch as soon as a decision is made and yes, if he opts to buy one and doesn't want to donate it then Jaideeguy I'll contact you ...

Thanks again to all of you !! :):D

A word of warning. A few months back we went into a medical supply shop on the Mae Jo Road near Theppanya Hospital, in the little plaza with Kaisikorn Bank, 7-11, Pharma Choice, etc. I forget what we needed at the time but it was a simple item; scissors or something. The owner of the shop came out and sized me up, then quoted me 2000 Baht saying the item was imported from Germany. I told him no thanks and he offered us another item made in Pakistan for 600 Baht. I immediately got a bad feeling about this guy and we headed for the door. The guy followed me and offered the item for 400 Baht. I turned around and said 200 Baht and he accepted the offer. He was fluent in English and while he was getting my change he said to me that he "always asks high because some farang will pay a very high price...and you just never know..." He then went on to tell me that his biggest money maker is wheelchairs because farang will pay 10-15,000 Baht for the same thing a Thai will pay 2500-4000 for. I think he may have been referring to an electric wheelchair. The whole time he had a snicker on his face. We did not like him at all. He handed me his card which I discarded as we walked out.