Maxnet 3bb Broadband

Wolfie

http://www.3bb.co.th/10mb/promotion_en.php

Seems like a good deal, they dont need a phone line - so i presume they will run a 'line' to your property which is an effective phone line with just the ADSL signal turned on?

I'm familiar with the usual 'You wont get the advertised speeds' concept, but as long as you get roughly half of the advertised speeds, your doing good!

The closest that True offer is an 8Mb service for 1199b (on promotion from 1990b) so the Maxnet option seems to be a good deal.

Anyone have any experience with this service, or Maxnet as a whole? I'm curious about the 'no telephone subscription' thing works, maybe its just a bad translation and it really means 'any telephone subscription will do' - can anyone advise on that, or can read Thai well enough to look over the Thai site small print and explain it to me? Or does anyone know what that actually means? They talk about waiving the 3585 installation fee.

Anyone shed any light on this?

http://www.3bb.co.th/10mb/promotion_en.php

Seems like a good deal, they dont need a phone line - so i presume they will run a 'line' to your property which is an effective phone line with just the ADSL signal turned on?

I'm familiar with the usual 'You wont get the advertised speeds' concept, but as long as you get roughly half of the advertised speeds, your doing good!

The closest that True offer is an 8Mb service for 1199b (on promotion from 1990b) so the Maxnet option seems to be a good deal.

Anyone have any experience with this service, or Maxnet as a whole? I'm curious about the 'no telephone subscription' thing works, maybe its just a bad translation and it really means 'any telephone subscription will do' - can anyone advise on that, or can read Thai well enough to look over the Thai site small print and explain it to me? Or does anyone know what that actually means? They talk about waiving the 3585 installation fee.

Anyone shed any light on this?

I ask at TTT about upgrating my my Maxnet 4Mb Indy to 3BB. They told me, my telephone line is not good for this speed :)

Then I ask, why do I need a telephone line? They told me, in my lacation I need a telephone line for 3BB, they will contact me if the service is available here :D

I think 3BB is comming via glasfiber-cabel, where available, in this case you don't need a telephone line.

I will go down to the Maxnet office to get this clarified - is there one near Central World/Siam Paragon?

We have checked the area map, Samut Prakan is a 'supported' area and my house is a brand new house (in a housing project) - so hopefully they will be able to install it for me!

Indeed 3bb/maxnet will put in a phone cable but with only the ADSL signal on it.

Main reason is that TT&T does not have a concession to install/provide phone service in Bangkok, only i the provinces.

TT&T is putting up a massive amount of Micro DSLAM's, these are just relative small devices installed in electricity poles at the street side.

As long as there is one not too far away from you they can supply you with the service.

Outside of Bangkok, where TT&T is allowed to sell phone service, they will only install ADSL if you have a TT&T phone number.

I paid for this service, and on Saturday they came out to install it. The closest DSLAM is 325m from my house. The technicians came out to run the line and said that they could not because the DSLAM had to be within my housing estate.

So looks like I will be off to the sales office to get my refund and stick with TOT

Main reason is that TT&T does not have a concession to install/provide phone service in Bangkok, only i the provinces.

Actually, this isn't true. You can opt for a number in Bangkok also, it will be 02 10xxxxx (or 02 100xxxx, I can't remember). The local call costs are 3 baht/call as usual (capped by regulations) but calls within other TT&T Bangkok are free.

They don't actively promote it though (I guess it's not really profit making), I had to ask about it and then she went to recommend me against getting it since it'd have delayed may 10bb setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually seems that Maxnet wont have any service in my area for 4 months and we had a right game to get True to install for us...

... the posative result is True will install a line to my house but can only supply me with a 1mb internet connection for the time being, they are currently installing new hubs in my area and once this is completed (October ETA) they can offer me a 12mb connection - sounds ok to me.

Actually seems that Maxnet wont have any service in my area for 4 months and we had a right game to get True to install for us...

... the posative result is True will install a line to my house but can only supply me with a 1mb internet connection for the time being, they are currently installing new hubs in my area and once this is completed (October ETA) they can offer me a 12mb connection - sounds ok to me.

True is Crap :/ and 12mbits. , will be only domestic . , So. . , no good idé

Ive had ToT, TT&T and True internet connections since i have been in Bangkok (and TT&T in Phuket) - True was always the better of the 3 service providers - ToT my current connection is by far the worst and most expensive - your mileage may differ, but based on my own experiences i will be happy to return to True as a internet user :)