Horses In Thailand

captbob

Bob, could you clarify your request, I cannot understand your post.

Are you looking for a horse, stables or a ride?

regards Bojo

He means quarter horse, not horse quarters, I'm sure.

The quarter horse is a sprinter (quarter mile racer, hence the name).

I've wondered the same....never saw a horse on any farm in Thailand, but I would love to have one once I'm established there.

regards Bojo

He means quarter horse, not horse quarters, I'm sure.

The quarter horse is a sprinter (quarter mile racer, hence the name).

I've wondered the same....never saw a horse on any farm in Thailand, but I would love to have one once I'm established there.

There is a horseriding farm near Rayong. Went there w/my lady in anticipation of a good fun day. Total disapointment. Horses heavy, practically wild, and the prices higher than for an elephant. Around 700Bt/hr. Didn't see any quarter horses. No stables. No covered

shelters. Not well looked after. Same-same as thai dogs.

Sorry, mate.

Hi i am Bob from Vientiane Laos loking for good and not to expensive horses quarter horses style they are great , strong and nice horses ..Anay body know about iys thanks bob Laos

Capt.

You might have a problem in that area. I have 4 in ubon but sorry they are not for sale. I hear of any i will post here again.

Edited by cyb

regards Bojo

Sorry to all of you. I'm from Montreal living in Laos since 12 years and my English is about bad as my French and my Lao so I try again....Ok i am looking to buy some horses for back riding and bring them here in Laos in my farm north of Vientiane. I use to have Quarte Horses in Quebec and they are wonderful. Palamino horses are ok too because i am 95 kilos so need strong horses. I got 65 rais of fruit trees and grass. Got some 17 sheep and 14 dairy goat so why not a couple of good horses ( I got alreday a wife for back riding but only 50 kilos not too strong). It will be fun to go mountain riding with the kids and maybe bring a buggy from my home town will be nice too .....

There is a very nice farm near Kuhn Gok Farm, outside of Wang Moung, Sara Buri...The owner used to be Miss Thailand...She has about 30 head of quarter horses, and a little highway restaurant. Ask around for the farm as it is on a highway not to far from all the waterfalls (15km).

Hope this helps....I used to have 50 head of horses on my ranch some years ago in the USA, so know how fun it can be to have them around.

Accidentally found a horse famr here 2 days ago, on the river in Khao Yai.

No Quarter horses but, mostly race horses and little ponies.

All very well looked after and healthy, some very nice looking thoroughbreds, excellent condition.

Thanks a lot but please can you more specifique werre is Khao Yai (That mean montain rice i thing) not shure 100%

There is a very nice farm near Kuhn Gok Farm, outside of Wang Mong, Saraburi...The owner used to be Miss Thailand...She has about 30 head of quarter horses, and a little highway restaurant. Ask around for the farm as it is on a highway not to far from all the waterfalls (15km).

Hope this helps....I used to have 50 head of horses on my ranch some years ago in the USA, so know how fun it can be to have them around.

Ho yes ,, Old wanderer Thanks :) a lot for info i will have a ride there very soon

Hello captbob, theirs a resort with a western cowboy theme either in PC or See-Q, there were a couple of places in See-Q that had horses. I've seen trucks with horses around the army base in town here in Korat. 3-4 horses with a handler each while being moved.(covered stake bed truck) There is a track somewhere's here in Korat.

rice555