Well, Pump Tank...............aggrrrr

Hssl

OK so here's the system I have walked into:

60M bore hole well - 6" pipe with 1 hp pump

Feeding 6 x 4000 L tanks

then feed to outlets via 2 x 1.5hp pumps with inline pressure switch

What I want is to automate the system and install filtering, currently there's no set up to automatically feed the tanks OR shut the feed pump off if the bore hole runs dry (it has on before so I am told).

Also what size, style cost for a filter system ??

Float switch is easy enough to cut the in pump feeding the tanks.

The rest is kinda new to me as i've only ever dealt with main's supplied water feeds.

TIA people!

Filter system, best to ask local company or so. Not here anyhow.

About the automation: You need minium and maximum meters in the tank, for the pumps. And you can also install pressure meters in places, and automate them if you want to. Or reed them manual.

hi you should have a pressure switch to stop the pump. thease are avalabul in pattaya tepersit road jomtum end left side. or bkk find a white ballon type as the red ones are crap this will stop the pump when it reaches the set presure you need a ball valve on the tanks as well to stop the flow as it is full. i think from your description it has been fitted as a manual system you stand there and fill the tanks and if the flow stops you switch off not a good system the main thing is have you a lot of water in the ground to start with if not you could burn you pumps out very costly why so many tanks ask your next door houses about the water problems in the past few years and find out if the water has run out bore holes are feed by the water table if that is low you have a problem if you use a lot of water then keep the 6 tanks if not one would do the others are proberly from before the bore hole and would be your back up when there is no water. a bore hole is only as good as the water table. depends were you live.

plumber

Feeding 6 x 4000 L tanks

What I want is to automate the system and install filtering, currently there's no set up to automatically feed the tanks OR shut the feed pump off if the bore hole runs dry (it has on before so I am told).

The rest is kinda new to me as i've only ever dealt with main's supplied water feeds.

TIA people!

Feeding 6 x 4000 L tanks

TIA people!

Inexpensive (350baht) is to use electric float switch for deep well pump. Adjust it to start pumping when 3000 litres missing in tank, then it should run for 60-90 minutes until tanks are full.

If you need auto shut off when dry (which I have) its more expensive and complicated.

Several choises on filter, from the simplest sandfilter to complete bacteriatreatment. Contact a supplyer/installer.

Thanks for the reply's so far!

auto shut off when dry is really the thing needed - expensive maybe but its going to be less than a burnt out pump anymore info on this?

Filters I've had a quick look and its all down to how much water is required per hour - any clues on this for a 8 bedroom property?

Thanks again!

auto shut off when dry is really the thing needed - expensive maybe but its going to be less than a burnt out pump anymore info on this?

Filters I've had a quick look and its all down to how much water is required per hour - any clues on this for a 8 bedroom property?

Thanks again!

My system is from Keehin, Phuket. Its a box full of realys and stuff, and its delivered by the driller/pumpinstaller. So, sorry, dont know more.

Install a 350 baht watermeter on supplypipe, and you soon know the consumption to calculate size of filter. Then oversize 50% :)

There are a couple of methods to prevent damage to a submersible pump from dry running. One can be retrofitted at the surface and senses the drop in amps when the load goes off the pump as it runs out of water and shuts it off. The second method has three electrodes in the well that can turn your pump off when the water in the well reaches a predetermined level and turns it back on when the water level recovers.

I suggest you have a look at the last two items on this website to get a good description in English. You should be able to buy equivalents from any big hardware store that sells submersible pumps.

• 2 months later...

Thanks again!

My system is from Keehin, Phuket. Its a box full of realys and stuff, and its delivered by the driller/pumpinstaller. So, sorry, dont know more.

Install a 350 baht watermeter on supplypipe, and you soon know the consumption to calculate size of filter. Then oversize 50% :)

Happy with your system from Keehin? Who did it for you? Price? I really need to bore a well. No water. Development bust...