Patong Beach

BANGLABILL

Hi everyone, I`m due to come back to patong 16 august could anyone tell me wats it like at the moment,is it as quiet as i keep reading i haven`t phoned anyone over there since early july and all i was hearing was doom and gloom from them then,surely its not that bad.Maybe the locals are finally realising wats happening in the real world.

Hi everyone, I`m due to come back to patong 16 august could anyone tell me wats it like at the moment,is it as quiet as i keep reading i haven`t phoned anyone over there since early july and all i was hearing was doom and gloom from them then,surely its not that bad.Maybe the locals are finally realising wats happening in the real world.

Bangla and the discos are still rocking, the bar-sois can be more quiet.

The locals are realising whats happening in the world, no farang, no money

Hotel occupancy in Patong isnt that bad compared to other low seasons, ehhm summer season.

Welcome the 16th. Have Fun!

Edited by katabeachbum

Bill, ya might want to check out the “BiB at it” thread by LivinLOS, to get an update on current ‘happenings’ in Lalaland, ya know, just to balance the books with the rose-tinted spectacle brigade. :)

Just got back from my friends place in Patong . its dead , but don't let that stop you its what you make it.also its expensive , with it being low season and no Falang prices have go up to even things out a bit Thai logic, The good thing is you can get rooms for 400 baht , Air con TV the works, and you will have the pick of 3000 tuk tuks.

Just got back from my friends place in Patong . its dead , but don't let that stop you its what you make it.also its expensive , with it being low season and no Falang prices have go up to even things out a bit Thai logic, The good thing is you can get rooms for 400 baht , Air con TV the works, and you will have the pick of 3000 tuk tuks.

Whats expensive? The 70 baht beer at Bangla bar, the 50 baht noodles at midnight or the 4-500 baht aircon hotelroom?

I agree most of Phuket is quiet, but Bangla and the discos are still rocking

I just went and returned from Phuket last night near midnight.

Stayed a night at Patong for 600thb a night room.

Went frollicking in the patong beach sea for a morning.

Despite the overcast sky, I still got sunburnt.

Whatever happened to the closed streets and those supposedly plenty of night market stalls on Monday nite? There wasnt plenty or I should say, not one decent stall that sells things that is useful!

I didnt exactly bargained, and I got 5 pairs of 'geniune' birkenstocks for 200 thb each pair. Those were gifts to friends.

And yes, its freaking expensive at Patong. Bikinis at 250baht a set?!!!!

And food! I should have been able to enjoy a plate of noodles with green curries for 20thb elsewhere! But in Patong....its 80thb including a can of sprite!

And I found shopping cheaper at Tesco Lotus, no bargaining required and you got stuff that is decent enough, in the aircon comfort and no fellas trying to tout at you, for taxis & thai food.

• 3 weeks later...
hi there

i love patong if you have no money dont live or stay there. go to southend on-sea

Well, there's a definitive retort. Good that someone loves the place. I wonder though, does 'Patong' actually live there, or purely an occasional visitor?

I went up to Patong a few days ago and i could not get out fast enough! With few Farangs around the touts are super aggressive. I drove past the beach and the water looked disgusting! In case you are reading this over dinner, I will just say it was BROWN and NASTY!

I went up to Patong a few days ago and i could not get out fast enough! With few Farangs around the touts are super aggressive. I drove past the beach and the water looked disgusting! In case you are reading this over dinner, I will just say it was BROWN and NASTY!

Thanks for your honest opinion , I think the place is expensive , Too many Indians and Tuk Tuks , a lot of the girls are aggressive and some of the street sellers. Yes as i have said its what you make it.

hi there

i love patong if you have no money dont live or stay there. go to southend on-sea

Is Southend-on-Sea twinned with Patong???. they are kind os similar aren't they??????... :)

Anyway...good to see Patong has a fan club.

Edited by harleyclarkey

why is everyone always putting the place down, sort your live out. and go home and see how you like it.

Not puting the place down just speaking the truth as i see it , i like the places near Patong and have good Thai friends there , read the bit about :its what you make it.:

It's quiet especially the last few days the beach water is crap because of the rain. As has been said already the clubs are still rockin the bar Sois are quiet. Rooms are cheap and the foods still good you'll have fun!!

why is everyone always putting the place down, sort your live out. and go home and see how you like it.

I just did.. And bloody great it was too..

Country house, skeet shooting, motor racing, goodwood festival of speed at goodwood house, surfing in Devon and Cornwall, cider in county pub beer gardens.. Thats without starting a couple of businesses (lets face it making money is childs play there)... Cheap cars and motorbikes etc etc..

My missus would love to move there, I need the climate tho..

Seems the ones that moan about it are the ones who fail to triumph within it.

Maybe thats why Cha am is so busy, everybody going there instead...beautiful blue sea almost 5 miles of lovely sand...cheap hotels and reastaurants, no tuk tuks or touts......just hope it dosent get the same way as Phuket because of its new popularity

There are cleaner Beaches in thailand even on the islands around.Good to sit and watch the crowd go by in the evening.

Still love the place even when you have SO MANY Indians selling suits with bad accents that grab and hassle you..

As said prices are higher but it is a holiday location,we just head down south or towards the town,

Maybe thats why Cha am is so busy, everybody going there instead...beautiful blue sea

Now I like Cha-am but it's not renowned for it's BLUE sea. Mostly the water has lots of churned up sand.

Not this time of year...its really quite beautiful

After all of the various comment made on this post, maybe BANGLABILL can give us his own verdict, having presumably been here 12 days?