Where Do You Report On A Retirement Visa?

phetaroi

Yesterday received my retirement visa for the next 54 weeks. :-)

I know I have to report every 90 days. I was under the impression I reported to somewhere (a police station?) in the community in which I lived. Or do I go back to the Immigration Office every 90 days (I hope not!)?

Yesterday received my retirement visa for the next 54 weeks. :-)

I know I have to report every 90 days. I was under the impression I reported to somewhere (a police station?) in the community in which I lived. Or do I go back to the Immigration Office every 90 days (I hope not!)?

You are conflating two distinct issues:

1. The "90 Day Reporting" is to confirm your place of residence. And, yes, it is done at the Immigration Dept. , though it can be done by registered mail as well.

2. Your Retirement Visa is good for one year, and does not require that you report, until you are ready to renew it.

You report your address every 90 days to immigration (can be done by mail). Immigration is set to move 'soon' to Chaeng Wattana so that's going to be more/less convenient depending upon where you are located.

If you leave the country (don't forget to obtain a re-entry permit, again from immigration) the reporting clock restarts, so you report 90 days after entering.

Your Retirement Visa is good for one year, and does not require that you report, until you are ready to renew it.

If you got your annual extension at a Thai immigration office, you do not have a retirement visa. You have an extension of stay based on retirement.

From the beginning of this year, you must report every 90 days or send the form and your passport to the nearest immigration office to your registered address. My home is in Roi-et, but I used to be able to report at Bangkok immigration office, now I must send to Mukdahan office which is the closest to my registered address.

From the beginning of this year, you must report every 90 days or send the form and your passport to the nearest immigration office to your registered address. My home is in Roi-et, but I used to be able to report at Bangkok immigration office, now I must send to Mukdahan office which is the closest to my registered address.

"Send the passport?" I've never done so when reporting via EMS, just a copy of the relevant pages of the passport.

And, of course, a copy of the Departure Card and the form from Immigration.

Mac

• 3 weeks later...

It looked that the OP in this case is living in Bangkok...

If that's the case, I believe BKK folks are not permitted to do 90 day reports by mail...unlike other parts of the country...

Our two choices are either going to Suan Plu Immigration (or Chang Wattana after the move if it ever happens) or going to the BOI center in the Ladprao area...

I just today converted my B visa to a retirement based extension of stay... And was asking a lot about the 90 day reports...and got the clear answer I gave above...

One other note: the 90 day reporting clock resets any time you leave Thailand and then re-enter...with the new 90 days starting then upon re-entry....