Car Rental In Roiet

easyb

In April I want to fly into Roiet and rent a car for a week.  Anyone know of car rental agencies in Roiet?

Nearest might be Surin. http://farangconnection.awebspace.com but if you go that route book now. I got only one left in April and none in may

Easyb

Contact Roi et City hotel via there website , they will help you.

PS: Surin is 200 km from Roi et.

In April I want to fly into Roiet and rent a car for a week.  Anyone know of car rental agencies in Roiet?

Nearest might be Surin. http://farangconnection.awebspace.com but if you go that route book now. I got only one left in April and none in may

Easyb

Contact Roi et City hotel via there website , they will help you.

PS: Surin is 200 km from Roi et.

Depends which way you go. I had a drop at the Roi Et City Hotel last week and I clocked 140km's there and 135 back

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Roi-et once a year and not seen any visible rental places, but not really looked. Normally drive up as it only takes 5-6 hours now there is a decent road, dual carriage way until the last 40 klicks.

Airport some distance from the town if you fly to Roi-et airport.

Have flown to Khon Kean and picked up a rental from there. Avis and Budget avaialble at KKC airport.

• 4 years later...
The closest I found is this car rental company in Buriram.

You can just pick up and Drop the car in the Buriram airport. (Bkk-Buriram flights are available as well through PBair: http://pbair.com/ ).

As stated above there are definitely rental companies in Roi Et so it makes no sense to go to Buriram.

http://www.roietmap.com/car.html

I am not sure if this is the one run from the shop next to 101 Pizza by the lake (if not that is another).

I think there may also be a car hire office at Roi Et airport - perhaps National.

I have never rented a car in Thailand or, for that matter, driven a car in Thailand. (I have several times rented a car WITH driver.) I also know nothing of any agency specifically mentioned in this topic. I HAVE read the insurance contracts of several small rental agencies in KK near the Kosa/TukCom. Based on that, and that alone, I would suggest that you fly TG into KK and rent a car for a week from Budget or Avis...

The terms of some of those small agency insurance contracts are onerous should you have any problems minor or major.

:) Keep the sponser happy! :D That must be worth a pint.

Alternative solution: Go to Koh Samui they have lots of car rentals. <deleted> me.

There are car rentals all over Thailand, but most off them are not on the internet.

The question was from Roi-et - not to fly to another Nakhon Somewhere and then drive for some hours to get to Roi-et.

Lucky enough thaistar2009 and citizen33 provided some usefull answers.

Edited by kalasin

FromBangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Roi-Et (PB AIr)

Flight No. Day Time Fleet Dur.

1 * 2 3 * 4 5* 6 7*

Dep. Arr.

9Q829 19:20 20:35 AT72 1.15 (hr)

PB Air BKK to RoiEt 1 flight per day 4 days per week

TG bkk to KKC (Khon Kaen) 3 flights per day 7 days per week.

• 4 months later...
FromBangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Roi-Et (PB AIr)

Flight No. Day Time Fleet Dur.

1 * 2 3 * 4 5* 6 7*

Dep. Arr.

9Q829 19:20 20:35 AT72 1.15 (hr)

PB Air BKK to RoiEt 1 flight per day 4 days per week

TG bkk to KKC (Khon Kaen) 3 flights per day 7 days per week.

Is PB Air actually in business now? It certainly does not seem to be flying to Roi Et. If you go to their website, you'll see that you are prevented from making a booking to Roi Et.

PB Air is OUT OF BUSINESS for good. Currently, no other carrier has picked up the Roi-et route. Nok Air has picked up Sakon Nakon & Nakon Phanom, but those airports are much to far away. I believe KK is the only alternative for now.

• 1 month later...
PB Air is OUT OF BUSINESS for good. Currently, no other carrier has picked up the Roi-et route. Nok Air has picked up Sakon Nakon & Nakon Phanom, but those airports are much to far away. I believe KK is the only alternative for now.

Tims Bar, Next to 101 Bar on the Roi-Et Lake, has all thye details of Tristar Car Rental. The rental company is run by a Norweigen Guy called Stig. Both Stig and his Thai wife speak fluent English. Cars are nice, clean and new. Bit pricey though. Supply and demand i guess. Personally i rent from Fast Car in BKK and drive to Roi-Et. Only takes 6 hours and cheaper than flying. Taking the plane to KK or Udon involves 2 hour check in, hour flight, arrivals and 2-3 hour drive to Roi-Et. Better to drive to Roi-Et from BKK. Dual carriageway except 20kms. Car Hire very cheap from Fast car and they drop off and pick up at BKK Airport. Any way good luck all those Roi-Et car hirers. Regards John.

Tims Bar, Next to 101 Bar on the Roi-Et Lake, has all thye details of Tristar Car Rental. The rental company is run by a Norweigen Guy called Stig. Both Stig and his Thai wife speak fluent English. Cars are nice, clean and new. Bit pricey though. Supply and demand i guess. Personally i rent from Fast Car in BKK and drive to Roi-Et. Only takes 6 hours and cheaper than flying. Taking the plane to KK or Udon involves 2 hour check in, hour flight, arrivals and 2-3 hour drive to Roi-Et. Better to drive to Roi-Et from BKK. Dual carriageway except 20kms. Car Hire very cheap from Fast car and they drop off and pick up at BKK Airport. Any way good luck all those Roi-Et car hirers. Regards John.

Fastcar is linked to Thai Visa car rental, though I am not quite sure if there is any price difference according to mode of booking. Anyway one interesting feature that I noticed is the availability of free one-way hire for 3 days or more hires. So even though I have my own car in Isan I decided to rent a car to get home on my forthcoming trip, when I have to take a detour that makes the usual flight to KK unsuitable.

Fastcar is linked to Thai Visa car rental, though I am not quite sure if there is any price difference according to mode of booking. Anyway one interesting feature that I noticed is the availability of free one-way hire for 3 days or more hires. So even though I have my own car in Isan I decided to rent a car to get home on my forthcoming trip, when I have to take a detour that makes the usual flight to KK unsuitable.

Is no-one flying to Roi Et yet? Is KK the nearest/quickest option? I don't fancy a 6 hour trip by car/bus from BKK :)

Are there any flights from anywhere to Roi Et?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Is no-one flying to Roi Et yet? Is KK the nearest/quickest option? I don't fancy a 6 hour trip by car/bus from BKK :)

Are there any flights from anywhere to Roi Et?

RAZZ

No.

• 1 year later...