Child Flying To Uk

Again, I know this has been covered, but in rush with sorting things, so apologies.

I'm in the Uk and will fly to Thailand next week to meet up with my wife and then both fly back with our son.

Our son has a UK passport, but not yet a Thai passport. We will sort the Thai passport when I get there next week.

I really need to book some flights for us from BKK to MAN asap on a good price, and was wondering about our sons passports...?

For the booking we have to put names and passport numbers:

If I put his UK passport info down for the ticket and we use his Thai passport at immigration, would this be OK?

Or, would there be any problem just using his UK passport at Thai immigration?

Thanks in advance.

The flight booking has no bearing on the immigration. When you book the flights just give the Uk passport number on the booking as that will be the passport you show the check in desk to prove he has no visa requirement to enter the UK.

The flight booking has no bearing on the immigration. When you book the flights just give the Uk passport number on the booking as that will be the passport you show the check in desk to prove he has no visa requirement to enter the UK.

Spot on :) Sorry couldn't resist

For future reference, Thai PP out of Thailand, Brit PP into UK, Brit PP out of UK, Thai PP into Thailand.

You will probably require to have both PP's to show, I would try and go through whichever immigration channel is quickest and just ask that you can all go through together, some posters have suggested that there are a few 'jobsworths' out there, who baulk at this, but few, so always worth the chance, I have never had a problem this way.

Edited by Mossfinn

Yes - show both - Immigration will ask for it in any case.

I am always asked for both my daughters passports - the reason: the Thai passport will have an exit stamp (when they left Thailand), but there will be no entry or exit stamp in the Thai Passport for the country they subsequently flew to when leaving Thailand. Thai Immigration like to see that info before stamping the child back in on their Thai passport.

Edited by Maizefarmer

Maizefarmer, it cannot be said that Thai immigration will ask for both passports as a rule. Flying into Bangkok, my wife and son have never been asked by Thai immigration for the non-Thai passport and never been questioned about the absence of the entry and exit stamps of another country when flying between Thailand and another country.

--

Maestro

Thanks again for clearing up this (often asked) question.

My heads a bit fuzzy at the the thought of soon seeing my Wife and baby son after such a long wait, and I'm rushing around to get things sorted - so really appreciate the help and the patience given.

Best regards.

spot.

Dont forget folks to metion what you are doing to your airline on checkin and they will give you a little form to fill in for you child,which gets clipped to their Thai passport on departure from Bangkok.It was only a bit of luck that I was given one,dont know if everybody does?,it gets clipped to the childs Thai passport and its called an arrival card,from Thai immigration bureau and stamped with the departure date the same stap as the passport gets,I think its something to do with re-entry to Thailand.?

Dont forget folks to metion what you are doing to your airline on checkin and they will give you a little form to fill in for you child,which gets clipped to their Thai passport on departure from Bangkok.It was only a bit of luck that I was given one,dont know if everybody does?,it gets clipped to the childs Thai passport and its called an arrival card,from Thai immigration bureau and stamped with the departure date the same stap as the passport gets,I think its something to do with re-entry to Thailand.?

Thats right, but with Thai passports, the people at check in usually give you a departure card as a matter of course.

And yes, when leaving Thailand you hand the Thai PP, boarding pass and the filled in departure card to Thai immigration. They take the departure card, stamp your passport and then staple the other half of the card, which is actually the arrivals card.

Fill in that arrivals card when your child returns to Thailand, as the code on it corresponds with their departure card.

Happens the opposite way for foreign passport holders. They get an arrivals card on the plane on the way in, and going through immigration, the corresponding departure card get stapled into their passport, for use when they leave.

Maizefarmer, it cannot be said that Thai immigration will ask for both passports as a rule. Flying into Bangkok, my wife and son have never been asked by Thai immigration for the non-Thai passport and never been questioned about the absence of the entry and exit stamps of another country when flying between Thailand and another country.

--

Maestro

Always asked me - thats my experiance of the matter. Thanks for sharing yours