Finding Session Musicians In Chiang Mai

Andreas84

I am looking for one (or more) guitarplayers in Chiang Mai, to record a few instrumental songs which I have composed. The songs are kind of “folk”-sounding, based on acoustic (or half-acoustic) guitar, on occasion mixed with electric guitar with clean sound/”jazz” sound. Most of the songs are about 1-2 minutes long. Some features only one guitar, others have three guitars together in certain parts. The technical difficulty of the material is moderate, sometimes leaning towards advanced.

The person(s) recording the material should be able to learn the songs by listening to midi-files of the material in combination with reading the tablature/notation.

I will not pay a lot, but will pay decent by Thai standards. With thai musicians, language COULD become a problem.

Does anyone know someone who could be interested in this? Or perhaps I could contact a music school and find a good guitar teacher, i.e? Any input on good music schools, with teachers who generally speak some amount of English?

I am looking for one (or more) guitarplayers in Chiang Mai, to record a few instrumental songs which I have composed. The songs are kind of “folk”-sounding, based on acoustic (or half-acoustic) guitar, on occasion mixed with electric guitar with clean sound/”jazz” sound. Most of the songs are about 1-2 minutes long. Some features only one guitar, others have three guitars together in certain parts. The technical difficulty of the material is moderate, sometimes leaning towards advanced.

The person(s) recording the material should be able to learn the songs by listening to midi-files of the material in combination with reading the tablature/notation.

I will not pay a lot, but will pay decent by Thai standards. With thai musicians, language COULD become a problem.

Does anyone know someone who could be interested in this? Or perhaps I could contact a music school and find a good guitar teacher, i.e? Any input on good music schools, with teachers who generally speak some amount of English?

try 'The Guitar Man'..bottom end of Loi Kroh Rd..any night 8pm on..many farang there and locals who would help for sure.

I am looking for one (or more) guitarplayers in Chiang Mai, to record a few instrumental songs which I have composed. The songs are kind of "folk"-sounding, based on acoustic (or half-acoustic) guitar, on occasion mixed with electric guitar with clean sound/"jazz" sound. Most of the songs are about 1-2 minutes long. Some features only one guitar, others have three guitars together in certain parts. The technical difficulty of the material is moderate, sometimes leaning towards advanced.

Send me a PM. I can put you in contact with someone who might help you with all of this.

G'day Andreas, our lead guitarist will arrive back in Chiang Mai on the 17th of August. He sent me the following email :-

Mike can you do me a favor, someone on thai visa under the Chiang Mai section is looking for a session player to help him record some material, can you put him on to my email adress so I can contact him, I would like to do his stuff when I get back 17th August, maybe good for my Thai resume, not interested in the money he is offering, explain I read and was a session player in Sydney also hold a degree in Music, Composition and arranging plus advanced Jazz studies from Sydney conservatorium of music.

Thanks

Charles

Send me a private message and I will send his email address to you.

Try Northgate Bar. Lot of falangs who are a bit more jazzy and connected with the colleges around and can read a chart.