Condo Water Pressure

jrbkk64

Hi All,

Had a 28th floor 125 sqm condo refurbished and live in it since April. I do not like individual waterheaters in showers and want hot water on all taps in the condo. I therefore installed a "boiler" of 100ltrs which supplies hot water to both showers, both bathroom sinks and the kitchen sink.

The kitchen and the sinks seem to have plenty waterpressure, but I would like more pressure in the showers?

How do I do that? Install a (Grundfos) pump? Buy different shower fittings? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

JR

The simplest way I can see & I have seen it done in the condo high rises in Jomtien is to install a small pump from in between where the water comes into your taps & back to the output into the existing pipes. If you have access to do that only in the areas that you want install it there or in the begging of the water run . You just need an inexpensive automatic(small pump) & not a large Mitsubishi- Hitachi style well pump.I think a Grundafos might be way over the top(unless you want to flay skin off your body & would be wasting funds you can use for your beer budget instead!) Make sure to ground it!

Edited by Beardog

A 12mm pipe is sufficient for a shower unless it is an extremely long run of pipe - unlikely in a condo.

Check that the shower heads are not fitted with flow restrictors - usually a small disk with holes or cutouts located in the shower head or the outlet at the wall.

Fitting a small Grundfos introduces other problems- such as high temp buffer tanks or flow sensing or pressure sensing switching.

A 12mm pipe is sufficient for a shower unless it is an extremely long run of pipe - unlikely in a condo.

Check that the shower heads are not fitted with flow restrictors - usually a small disk with holes or cutouts located in the shower head or the outlet at the wall.

Fitting a small Grundfos introduces other problems- such as high temp buffer tanks or flow sensing or pressure sensing switching.

I think the adequate size of pipe will also depend on the size of the shower head. Typical shower heads are about 2" dia. My condo is fitted with a 4" dia. shower head and I see pressure halved. Put in a Hitachi pump to increase the flow, instead of increasing pipe dia.