Onward Ticket If Crossing Thai Border At Aranyaprathet ?

I have a multiple tourist visa. Will I need to show an onward ticket if I cross the border from Cambodia to Thailand, Aranyaprathet ? Or no questions are being asked at Thai immigration ?

Secondly, do I save considerable time if I apply for an online Cambodian visa ? Or can I get a Cambodian Visa quite easily at the border ?

Edited by miodo2009

1. You will be fine having a Tourist Visa, I never had to show an onward ticket and I did this border multiple times in the last two years.

2. If you are willing to pay the extra tea-money for the 'express service' the visa on arrival service has maybe 5 minutes waiting time (add another 2-5 minutes for filling the application form). The official price is 20 USD, the price including the tea money is either 1000 Baht or 25 USD or 20 USD+200 Baht. The eVisa is 25 USD because it (officially) includes 5 USD processing fee. It will save you a page in the passport though! Don't forget to bring one photo if you apply at the border.

welo

Edited by welo

I just get visa on arrival using express service as Welo mentioned, and over the border in 10 minutes.

well that depends heavily on the queue at Thai immigration :) If you arrive at the wrong time you easily wait for half an hour. I found morning hours more busy than in the afternoon. What is your experience, thaiphoon?

However, having a Cambodian eVisa or not does not affect the waiting time there.

welo

I just get visa on arrival using express service as Welo mentioned, and over the border in 10 minutes.

well that depends heavily on the queue at Thai immigration :) If you arrive at the wrong time you easily wait for half an hour. I found morning hours more busy than in the afternoon. What is your experience, thaiphoon?

However, having a Cambodian eVisa or not does not affect the waiting time there.

welo

Thai immigration ... usually arrive around 8AM Mon-Fri, the opening 'rush' seems to have gone, no more than a few people ahead of me, no problems. Then get Cambodian visa. Just have to watch out for all those damned carts!

As there are two websites claiming to be the legal source for e-visa and reports that what is being sold may not be accepted highly advise you not to try them at this time.

The official eVisa website is (and AFAIK always has been) http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx.

However, the Cambodian Government has warned about 3 fraudulent websites, one - www(dot)cambodiaonarrival(dot)com - mimicking the application process very closely. However, the application process aborts with a massive error message after the second step, before any credit card data is requested (I just tried it).

The official website is working and the issued Visas are valid and accepted, as reported by several members of the board during the last weeks. I obtained a visa myself just two weeks ago. However, the website has some minor issues, and it has been attacked and manipulated in the past, a situation which has been resolved meanwhile. There are no reports so far that credit card data has been stolen or an incorrect amount has been charged.

Furthermore, there is an issue with TOT's DNS servers which often leads to timeouts and non-availability of the website, however, there is a workaround which btw also solves problems with other websites.

That all said, I definitely agree that there is a higher risk using one's credit card with this website than compared to other, more established websites in the region such as Airasia, etc.

Check out the threads here and here

welo