My Cap Is Off To The Mods! Good Work For Tv

gatorhead333

earlier today somebody who must be very bored here In CM posted a very nasty restaurant review which the mods immediately took down . I think I get it now, these Mod guys/girls must be on their toes and much needed because TV being a highly viewed, popular website not justs here in CM but around the entire world somethings just have go ,to be culled quickly so as not to do too much harm .

earlier this week some other threads where quite poor taste too. snip snip ,clip clip all fixed!

great job ! keep it up .

i get it now.

thanks.

Edited by gatorhead333

Forum Rules :-

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

:)

this topic, which blatantly discusses "moderation publicly in the open forum" is still not closed... hmmm onesided me thinks...

I guess you can't really blame them for keeping it open,must make a nice change from some of the nasty pm's they get... :)

so what did the review say ? c'mon

Wow, you must be really impressed with your qualifications.

I guess you have to tell someone. Ph.D(Asian Studies), M.Ed, B.A. (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc.

I once worked with a jerk in Saudi Arabia, he had 2 Ph. D's, one in Geomatic Engineering and the other in a related field. On all his correspondence it said, "Dr. Dr." Serious.

And the funniest thing is, he was incompetent.

earlier today somebody who must be very bored here In CM posted a very nasty restaurant review which the mods immediately took down . I think I get it now, these Mod guys/girls must be on their toes and much needed because TV being a highly viewed, popular website not justs here in CM but around the entire world somethings just have go ,to be culled quickly so as not to do too much harm .

earlier this week some other threads where quite poor taste too. snip snip ,clip clip all fixed!

great job ! keep it up .

i get it now.

thanks.

Yes, Gatorhead, I think if any member feels the need to post pix of dead children from the Holocaust of 65 years ago, the post (and IMO not the thread) should certainly be deleted and the perpetrator should get a big smack on the bottom.

Extreme bad taste.

well... forget the war and rock out at guitarman scrafe a burger and slurp some beer!!!!

I am a changed man and i have seen the lite...

Lite Beer from Miller.

I dislike the negative reporting on all accounts and that is why I was never for the forum on "avoiding businesses like the plague", which I believe is still floating around somewhere. If I have to agree with Kevin Hunt, sometimes the negative reviews bring in almost as much business as the positive ones. The "salty pizza thread" on The Duke's increased pizza sales by 300% for the week and even saw George, the owner of Thaivisa, slipping out the door with some. We can only guess how many people went to the Red Lion looking for free water, one of the longest and most entertaining threads.

The burger wars are far from over in Chiang Mai or on Thaivisa and sometimes the negative reviews give one a chance to really take a good look at what they are doing and improve upon it. Farangdanny of Mike's, Bob at Spanky's, Whimpy at Woody's and whomever is representing Pinkey's all gain by the mention of their names.

Take it off or leave it on? It probably doesn't matter. Everyone knows that Ajarn has his opinion.

That being said, is everyone going to agree and get along? I don't think so.

i think it was the right thing to do. The review was a nasty one. good on the mods.

In what exact way was it nasty? To me a nasty review would be one that was made up and malicious. The review that i read was simply bad, and the pictures that accompanied it told their own story.

What are we now saying? Only good reviews are allowed?

Was that PeaceBlondie riding in on his white horse? clap2.gif

Twas I, UG.

The review in question was suspect for several reasons which several local members were quick to point out. It's one thing to make negative points about a resto in an existing thread or in passing. Launching a new topic purely to trash a local business based on a single experience is too risky for ThaiVisa and in most cases, not fair to the restaurant. Libel and defamation laws in Thailand are quite strict.

Launching a new topic purely to trash a local business based on a single experience is too risky for ThaiVisa and in most cases, not fair to the restaurant.

And i suppose launching a new topic purely to heap praise on a local business based on a single experience is perfectly acceptable?

As a business owner myself, i understand that receiving negative feedback on a public forum is something that would be nice to censor :) , but if that censorship was at the expense of censoring positive feedback, it wouldn't be worth it.

Businesses get the benefit of a degree of promotion from this forum, and if they are happy to accept those benefits then in my opinion they must be open to negative publicity - with the proviso that it's not of a malicious, vindictive nature.

(I have still to understand why it is that people think the post in question was nasty. All i read was a bad review that was backed up by some pretty damning photographic evidence)

Was that PeaceBlondie riding in on his white horse? clap2.gif

Twas I, UG.

The review in question was suspect for several reasons which several local members were quick to point out. It's one thing to make negative points about a resto in an existing thread or in passing. Launching a new topic purely to trash a local business based on a single experience is too risky for ThaiVisa and in most cases, not fair to the restaurant. Libel and defamation laws in Thailand are quite strict.

Yes, first time I have ever seen you stick up for some business. Is it OK to be asked to leave a restaurant, even if

you think you are special. Yet you trash restaurants?

Edited by getgoin

There's a big difference between posting a topic trashing a place that could effect their business and their income and posting a positive review. Doubt you will find too many instances of someone being sued for libel for giving a glowing review of a place. That is why the forum rule on libel is now in place, protection of members and Thaivisa. Posting one's experience in a constructive way, either positive or negative without being outright malicious is reasonable, the topic in the OP was not reasonable and could/would show up in search engines and potentially destructive to a place of business.

Since an explanation is in place and this is discussing a moderator decision on a previous topic ...

:)