Meat Pies In Th

Hi...I am wondering if there is a shop making decent meat pies like in AUS or England? Where are they in BKK if in BKK?

There's loads of places making Australian and English meat pies in Thailand although Aussie and English style pies are quite different. I can't speak for BKK but it should be easy enough to go into say Villa Market and see what they have in stock because they will all be made locally. There's a number of places in Pattaya and Phuket since both places have a heavier concentration of UK/Aussie expats - of note in Phuket (where I live) is Lady Pie, an Australian outfit that does a roaring trade.

No idea the area your living in, but a couple of years or so ago went to Villa Supermarket at 'Nichada Thani' they had Pork Pies, Meat Pies, Cornish Pasties... Silly me I bought 4x of each, but only eat a bit of each, even the dogs would not eat them...

Maybe just this Villa Supermarket, so where ever you are just buy 1x and try

Hi...I am wondering if there is a shop making decent meat pies like in AUS or England? Where are they in BKK if in BKK?

Aussie Pies: Big John’s Country Farm Kitchen & BBQ at MBK -

Now open 10am - 9 pm in the Fifth Food Avenue Food Court on the 5th Floor of MBK next to National Stadium at Siam Square where the following menu is currently available.

http://www.bigjohnsworld.com/html/html/mbk...fth_avenue.html

Ya, I make tones of them every week .... On Koh Chang.... More English style... Beef & onion, Chicken & Mushroom, Steak & kidney , Chip-shop chicken curry pie ..ext

I'm not so keen on the Australian style... most of my customers are Ex-Brit's any way. besides, no one seems to know about Canadian pie's so I just don't bother...... I also make lodes of breakfast sausage.... Cumberland... Mexican Choizo.... and Spicy Italian.. plus many more flavors....

(This is not an advertisement, before anyone out there gets their panties in a bunch.. as I have not mentioned my company name or contact details)

• 3 months later...

MR MOO in Pattaya has great pies Amer. pot pies , Brit. meat pies ( next to AAA Ins. across street from south Pattaya Big C ), full of meat chunks and great crust , microwave and eat , they do not turn to mush and are not all gravey , they give Bisto on side to add because there is so much meat in pies if you want more gravey to eat crust.......

Cornishes are like your Ause pies , they have them also .....hot and spice are great and all the meat types you are looking for .

PH# 0800168308 you can order and it can be shipped to you .........web page WWW.MRMOO.ASIA

MR MOO in Pattaya has great pies Amer. pot pies , Brit. meat pies ( next to AAA Ins. across street from south Pattaya Big C ), full of meat chunks and great crust , microwave and eat , they do not turn to mush and are not all gravey , they give Bisto on side to add because there is so much meat in pies if you want more gravey to eat crust.......

Cornishes are like your Ause pies , they have them also .....hot and spice are great and all the meat types you are looking for .

PH# 0800168308 you can order and it can be shipped to you .........web page WWW.MRMOO.ASIA

They may be good but at 120 baht a pie they are way more expensive than their competitors. Are they really twice as good as all the rest? Most of the ones I have seen are in the 60-70 baht region.

• 4 weeks later...

There's loads of places making Australian and English meat pies in Thailand although Aussie and English style pies are quite different. I can't speak for BKK but it should be easy enough to go into say Villa Market and see what they have in stock because they will all be made locally. There's a number of places in Pattaya and Phuket since both places have a heavier concentration of UK/Aussie expats - of note in Phuket (where I live) is Lady Pie, an Australian outfit that does a roaring trade.

I agree Lady Pies are very good from Villa Market. :)

• 3 months later...

They may be good but at 120 baht a pie they are way more expensive than their competitors. Are they really twice as good as all the rest? Most of the ones I have seen are in the 60-70 baht region.

i would say yes twice as good and as big

120 baht for 450-500 grams of meat and real crust , they give gravey packs on side as the pies are full of meat , not fat and gravey at 200-250 grams for 70 baht.

more than twice the meat at the price.

the cottage pies are 900 grams of all meat with great thin mash layer on top and is a great meal for 2 , gravey pack if you want.

• 4 months later...

You should try MR MOO next to AAA INS in South Pattaya across street from BIG C , Bacon, sausage, pies, cornishes , scot egg, the best.

Dry cure bacon, holiday sausage ( apple pork) and more.......look them up ... :)

their website does not even show pies, and looks like to make your own sausages?

If you're in Bangkok you can get fresh meat pies delivered by Helping Hands, a micro-business started up in the Klong Toey slums and assisted by Aussie volunteers. They do meat pies, party pies, sausage rolls and pavs. They will deliver around central Bangkok for any order over THB400. Search Google for "helping hands bangkok pies" for their main site and then click on the picture of pies and sausage rolls for more info. We've ordered party pies for work functions and they're good.

• 3 weeks later...

You should try MR MOO next to AAA INS in South Pattaya across street from BIG C , Bacon, sausage, pies, cornishes , scot egg, the best.

Dry cure bacon, holiday sausage ( apple pork) and more.......look them up ... :)

their website does not even show pies, and looks like to make your own sausages?

try ....mrmoopattaya.net

try ....mrmoopattaya.net

Prices on the website would be useful too.

I seem to recall seeing a leaflet when I visited AA insurance and, from memory, the prices were expensive when compared to Matvic, Asia West, Bunters etc

correct we will be adding prices as we are now a sponsor with Thai Visa , pattaya forum

price is compaired to what you get .,, 250 + grams of meat and 450 + grams of meat ......not just gravy and potatoes , and fruit pies and such.......the quality is what cost ....cheaper is not always best when it comes to food......what is it made from ?? and what do you get?? and how much ???

correct we will be adding prices as we are now a sponsor with Thai Visa , pattaya forum

price is compaired to what you get .,, 250 + grams of meat and 450 + grams of meat ......not just gravy and potatoes , and fruit pies and such.......the quality is what cost ....cheaper is not always best when it comes to food......what is it made from ?? and what do you get?? and how much ???

I am always happy to take quality over price.

Having established quality I then look for best value.

I have also discovered that the highest price is not necessarily the best quality.

well then try the pies and see what value there is if your unhappy , we will give you a full refund.

without trying it is subjective to even say they cost to much , or if they compare to other...correct??

we have the only dry cured bacon in Thailand and it is much better than any other,,,real smoked bacon and hams also dry cured ...who else has that made in Thailand ?? New York pastrami, ..12 inch American hot dogs ..

local made cheddar cheese, soon Lankisher , and Blue all locally made at fair prices ...

well then try the pies and see what value there is if your unhappy , we will give you a full refund.

without trying it is subjective to even say they cost to much , or if they compare to other...correct??

we have the only dry cured bacon in Thailand and it is much better than any other,,,real smoked bacon and hams also dry cured ...who else has that made in Thailand ?? New York pastrami, ..12 inch American hot dogs ..

local made cheddar cheese, soon Lankisher , and Blue all locally made at fair prices ...

I pay 55 Baht for very good quality steak & kidney pies. Making the assumption that your pies can match that quality, what are your prices per pie for, say, 24.

Similarly, please let me have a price for, say, 20kg of English Breakfast sausages - and how many per kilo ?

Thanks.

I pay 55 Baht for very good quality steak & kidney pies. Making the assumption that your pies can match that quality, what are your prices per pie for, say, 24.

Similarly, please let me have a price for, say, 20kg of English Breakfast sausages - and how many per kilo ?

Thanks.

We have 2 sizes of meat pies, our small size is about 300g. at 60Baht each, and our Large pies are about 450g. at 100 Baht each, that's wholesale price

Our wholesale price for English Sausages are at 240B/Kg. and you'll have 14pcs. per kilo, so 4,800 Baht for 20 kilos.

For more info please call us at: 080-016-8308 / 081-408-9100 or E-mail us at: [email protected]

Thank you very much, and have a nice day.

Regards,

Mr. Moo Pattaya

Thanks.

I should also say we can make whatever size and weight sausage you requier , natural or colegen casing, and flavor as you like ......we do many special orders for shops that want there own trade mark items ....size and spices to there taste, we can send a sample to you or you can pick up and let us know what we may need to do if anything to meet your needs please.