Duty Free Omega Chronometer

I have my eye on a Omega Chronometer with 18 carat gold bezel and strap. I have looked closely at DF prices in Singapore Airport, Hong Kong airport and Bangkok, The prices in SQ and HK are almost identical but here in King Power they are about 35,000 Baht cheaper.

How can this be ? or is this another possible scam, which I highly doubt due to KP's high profile, but i cannot get my mind around such a price variation.

Can anyone give any other examples of such price differences

I have my eye on a Omega Chronometer with 18 carat gold bezel and strap. I have looked closely at DF prices in Singapore Airport, Hong Kong airport and Bangkok, The prices in SQ and HK are almost identical but here in King Power they are about 35,000 Baht cheaper.

How can this be ? or is this another possible scam, which I highly doubt due to KP's high profile, but i cannot get my mind around such a price variation.

Can anyone give any other examples of such price differences

It will be a high quality fake made in China that even experts have difficulty verifying.

SB suggests that KP are selling dodgy fake watches which could be considered libelous so I suggest that post is deleted. as for Kradangs comments, I believe my father even at his age would recognise a Omega with a smooth second hand movement as opposed to one with a movement imitating a chicken scratching for worms. As this is a special present to him I will pass on that Poipet suggestion

Just over a year ago I bought a Seamaster Chrono at a dealer shop in Hyderabad India in a mall. The price displayed was 125,000 rupees, finally got it for 103,000 rupees after a HKG friend of mine quickly checked the price in HKG. I got a great deal as far as I know, mainly due their willingness to negotiate and the exchange rate. MUCH cheaper than in BKK duty free (eventhough I get 20% discount) and cheaper than HKG by about 15%. Did not check SIN. In Thailand they want 125k baht for the same watch. 1 baht is about 1.2 rupees. Moral of the story is that there ARE major price differences.

I got a sony laptop in the UK at Christmas for 300euro cheaper than I could here in Amsterdam,Simply because the exchange rate was in my favour

3 months later the price worked out the same,

You do the number crunching, assuming it is not a fake, but I would guess Thailand is no worse than Singapore or Hongkong

What is the reference number for the model you want?

For the Constellation Chronometer there are five (5) different cases, ~ 4 different dials and multiple bracelet options with large differences in prices, up to and including 50,000 THB. I suspect that either you or the KP shop got the prices/models confused. Or perhaps KP mispriced the watch? (This might get flagged upon check-out/payment?) I doubt that it is a replica.