Bkk Hotel Suggestion For My Wife Please

Thee_Rak

Hi all...

Okay I remember the last time I used to spend any time here (a few years ago and b/4 I married my TGF) that there was always some very good discussion about the state of the lower priced hotels around town.

So my wife has been here in the US with me for just about a year now and it's time to go back and visit her mom (near Roi-et) but first she needs a hotel in BKK for a week to do a bunch of the shopping that we've been talking about.

So I remember something about some place called "guest house something-or-other" anyone know the place I'm thinking about???

We are thinking someplace along Suk but NO WHERE NEAR NANA or anything like that okay.

I'm thinking less than 1,500 / night

Thoughts...

Thanks

Hi all...

Okay I remember the last time I used to spend any time here (a few years ago and b/4 I married my TGF) that there was always some very good discussion about the state of the lower priced hotels around town.

So my wife has been here in the US with me for just about a year now and it's time to go back and visit her mom (near Roi-et) but first she needs a hotel in BKK for a week to do a bunch of the shopping that we've been talking about.

So I remember something about some place called "guest house something-or-other" anyone know the place I'm thinking about???

We are thinking someplace along Suk but NO WHERE NEAR NANA or anything like that okay.

I'm thinking less than 1,500 / night

Thoughts...

Thanks

Hi , this is a very nice and friendly Hotel, next to the Night Bazzar, and away from Suk, but easy to get about from... also in a real nice Thai area and not full of Farangs. Hotel Hotel Ibis Sathorn Bangkok , just google it, prices start from 950bahts including breakfast. Hope this is of some help, and its next to the American Embassy almost..!!

IBIS is good. Very new down Satorn Soi 1. They also offer free shuttle service to BTS and MRT as well as Silom. Another idea is the Om Yim Lodge. A very nice gay (but mixed) guest house at Chong Nong Si BTS. I actually have put some relatives in there and they loved it. It's cheap at about 900 and very nice and you certainly won't have to worry about your wife being bothered by anybody.

Reno Hotel is convenient for shopping on Kasemsan Soi 1 . Rooms around 900-1100Bt

Can walk to BTS (2 mins), Siam Square & Paragon (3-5mins). Rooms could do with a bit of updating but are spacious and have everything you need.

Has swimming pool and restaurant, safe area to walk around to BTS etc and also lots of taxis.