Thai Pms Office Sprayed With Bullets

george

There is a lot more going on politcally in Thailand right now than just red-yellow or whatever. Things are very delicate right now.

Like all political attacks it is unliklely anyone will be caught and charged etc. However, the recipient of the attack usually knows who did it and why. After all there wouldnt be much point in doing it unless the victim took the message...

Little point us speculating on who and anything siad or rpeorted could be misinformation, disinformation or maybe even the truth, but we wont know

Politics

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why even assume it was or had anything to do with Red shirts? Could be any number of people even one of his own, after all the NAZI's and the like have done this kind of self attacks every time they needed a new crackdown on the opposition. I would think most of the blind followers and haters of each side would be easy as children to manipulate in this country. Facts - don't let them get you to confused. Find them first then sling your accusations. Unless you know something ahead of time which would make you part of the guilty party how can you know. Not all of Islam are terrorist and not all red shirts are ether and you can be sure a fair share of yellow are in fact just as bad as the worst of the other side. To dis agree with that will make you simply another of the blind from ether side. It could be as simple as a nut case that didn't like the latest gas prices.

The best reason for such a stupid attack would be to get posts like this started

"We call them RED SHIRT THAKSINISTA terrorists…

To the red shirt apologists, HONESTLY tell us what percentage of the so called pro democracy reds are OK with this kind of violence (aside from those who are actually acting out violently)? I say a HUGE percentage. By OK I mean psychologically supportive, even silently, and certainly they won't denounce it. Tell me that you actually believe that Isaan would not be DANCING IN THE FIELDS if these thugs had hit their presumed target?

Bottom line: the red shirt movement is a movement that has no qualms about causing bloodshed in Thailand ... red, how apt."

Seems one side has a lot more to gain from the attack then the reds would ever have.

Posts like this...going from Red Shirts to Nazis to Islam to a nut case...all in one post.

I guess they succeeded, then.

Any normally peaceful individual or groups is POTENTIALLY violent IF attacked.

Yellows ONLY got violent when they were under increasing guerrilla style attacks.

Or being surrounded and having grenades lobbed at them on Oct 7.

And at Gov. Hs. prior to the airport. Violence begats violence. And plays into

Thaksin's ONLY course to recover power.

Normally they NEVER were violent as a S.O.P. motus operandi.

Toward the end of their 'street life', they did get more paranoid, and 'actively defensive'.

around their lines, or in their crowds, but never went voyaging out looking for trouble.

They changed scene as a mass group, but not as a way to start physical violence.

It was seen on television. Chaos didn't serve their purpose. But getting the TRT/PPP crooks

away from the candy jar of a charter re-write to aid Thaksin did.

But attacked and they responded in kind. No question.

The red shirts have been aggressive since day one of their existence.

In some case particularly nastily. Regular, planned, calculated attacks on dissenting voices.

This incident may well have been a local politics warning shooting.

But the reds are top to bottom involved with PTP politics,

and we really can't tell what their masters choose to use them for clandestinely.

No this wasn't Abhisit's office, just a Dem local office.

But to imagine this is NOT another attempt to disconnect the Democratic Party

from making inroads with poor people is ludicrous. The Reds have always tried to

get between Democrats and other parties trying to show they are not the old party,

and the poorer elements connected with issan.

Just not 'typically' leaving from their larger rallies to do it. With the glaring example of

Sept 1-2 2008, when egged on by PPP MP's on stage, to get Samak his State of Emergency,

they went out an attacked PAD lines. This was an aggressive and quite public attack

using extreme violence to silence opposition. Can't let these guys talk longer, people might listen.

And the boos needs an excuse to clamp down... except the army saw through this and

refused to take the bait. Samak was always too blunt an instrument to ever finesse things...

Preventing a Dem councilor from doing good work for Bangkok Issanese,

is cutting off that 20-40 range of younger upcountry folk from information not in jackboot lockstep

with Thaksin's machine's message. This can prevent word from filtering back home,

that the new Dems are not the old Dems; that some of the 'CHILDREN' actually see a difference

and LIKE THEM.

This is still another round of the Thaksin machines information control of Issan thought.

Edited by animatic

Any normally peaceful individual or groups is POTENTIALLY violent IF attacked.

Yellows ONLY got violent when they were under increasing guerrilla style attacks.

Or being surrounded and having grenades lobed at them on Oct 7.

Normally they NEVER were violent as a S.O.P. motus operandi.

Toward the end of their 'street life', they did get more paranoid, and 'actively defensive'.

around their lines, or in their crowds, but never went voyaging out looking for trouble.

They changed scene as a mass group, but not as a way to start physical violence.

It was seen on television. Chaos didn't serve their purpose. But getting the TRT PPP crooks

away from the candy jar did.

But attacked and they responded in kind. No question.

The red shirts have been aggressive since day one of their existence.

In some case particularly nastily. Regular, planned, calculated attacks on dissenting voices.

This incident may well have been a local politics warning shooting.

But the reds are top to bottom involved with PTP politics,

and we really can't tell what their masters choose to use them for clandestinely.

No this wasn't Abhisits office, just a Dem local office.

But to imagine this is NOT another attempt to disconnect the Democratic Party

from making inroads with poor people is ludicrous. The Reds have always tried to

get between Democrats and other parties trying to show they are not the old party,

and the poorer elements connected with issan.

Just not 'typically' leaving from there larger rallies to do it With the glaring example of

Sept 1-2 2008, when egged on by PPP MP's on stage to get Samak his State of Emergency,

they went out an attacked PAD lines. This was an aggressive and quite public attack

using extreme violence to silence opposition. Can't let these guys talk longer, people might listen.

Preventing a Dem councilor from doing good work for Bangkok Issanese,

is cutting off that 20-40 range of younger upcountry folk from information not in jackboot lockstep

with Thaksin's machine's message. This can prevent word from filtering back home,

that the new Dems are not the old Dems; that some of the 'CHILDREN' actually see a difference

and LIKE THEM.

This is still another round of the Thaksin machines information control of Issan thought.

Couldn't have put it better. The idiots on these messageboards( one falang jerk goes on red shirt rallies) want us to believe they are democrats , well they are not , they are THUGS, Crooks .vandals. I was around Victory monument in April when we saw what anarchy they want. They have nothing but hero worship for a corrupted politician , who incidentally can come back and face the courts anytime he wants, But no .he runs and hides , Hoping he can get his puppet buddies back in office. There will be civil war before he ever comes to Thailand and has any reigns on power again.

Edited by sunnymarky

In case you forgot, Thaksin wins landslides in the elections.

His proxies did not in the latest election even gain majority, much less a landslide.

And when a party buys up locally organised parties to gain a majority in each region needed (how TRT was setup in many ways), is it really peoples voice we hear or money exchanging hands?

The Junta uses guns and tanks to steal the government...then give themselves immunity.

Did you know the Army gave themselves an 80 billion raise when they stole the government from the people?

Did you also know that the democrate-lead government has reduced the budget for the armed forces?

20 coups in the last 60 years.

I think the true number is 17 in 80 years...but who is counting?

Why should he let facts get in the way of hyperbole?

When both leading parties get within 1.5% of each other

and BOTH are under 33.3% there is no landslide involved.

The 'Thaksin Machine' is just that a string of strategically PURCHASED smaller parties

spread across up country to get a larger percentage of the electorate.

This is not democratic free will of the electorate,

but regional power brokers delivering on their promises.

How quick some people forget the murders by the yellow shirts, the firing of weapons in the street, the beatings dished out to all and sundry, the terrorism in taking over airports, the random violence attacking television and radio stations some of you guys would get a lot more respect if you practice a little more at being objective and honest.

Both are just as bad as each other, but another poster hit the nail on the head when he pointed out the yellow shirts were able to do this with impunity, they were allowed to hold the country to ransom whilst the red shirts were not, I wonder how the yellows would have reacted if the police or army attacked them, oh yes we already know the answer with police being shot and stabbed at parliament and having pick up trucks driven at them by those peace loving yellows.

Time for some of you fools to grow up and you may be taken seriously, accept both are as bad as each other and accept the problem is caused by the immaturity of a large number of Thais

The 'Thaksin Machine' is just that a string of strategically PURCHASED smaller parties

Is this what the Democrats did to gain power, bought the smaller parties, I seem to remember the amounts paid to the smaller parties being published

Another sign of true democracy. I want to know if anyone still believes that Red Shirt (or Taksin and/or Taksin followers)are still true democrats :)

In case you forgot, Thaksin wins landslides in the elections.

Hitler won elections as well.

You hit the nail spot on Samran!

How quick some people forget the murders by the yellow shirts, the firing of weapons in the street, the beatings dished out to all and sundry, the terrorism in taking over airports, the random violence attacking television and radio stations some of you guys would get a lot more respect if you practice a little more at being objective and honest.

Both are just as bad as each other, but another poster hit the nail on the head when he pointed out the yellow shirts were able to do this with impunity, they were allowed to hold the country to ransom whilst the red shirts were not, I wonder how the yellows would have reacted if the police or army attacked them, oh yes we already know the answer with police being shot and stabbed at parliament and having pick up trucks driven at them by those peace loving yellows.

Time for some of you fools to grow up and you may be taken seriously, accept both are as bad as each other and accept the problem is caused by the immaturity of a large number of Thais

A sit-down can never be called terrorism.

No-one was attacked or killed in the 'take over', even if some tourists and others was inconvenienced and it was a stupid move of the people involved.

But label it appropriately and someone might take your posts to have some value.

Oh, and so you know, the police killed and injured more Yellows than any Red's by the military in the clashes.

So, you claim with impunity...that isn't even close to describing the reality.

Cue Koo82 to tell use it was really blues disguised as reds who did the shooting.

Cue FurWart to tells it's not as it appears

because true democracy has been subverted by a judicial coup,

and those couldn't be real Rouge Merdes riding those bikes

because the petition hasn't been handed over yet

and it's too early to cue the street riots,

somebody is faking it...

And we are all such good friends!

:):D:D

Why even assume it was or had anything to do with Red shirts? Could be any number of people even one of his own, after all the NAZI's and the like have done this kind of self attacks every time they needed a new crackdown on the opposition. I would think most of the blind followers and haters of each side would be easy as children to manipulate in this country. Facts - don't let them get you to confused. Find them first then sling your accusations. Unless you know something ahead of time which would make you part of the guilty party how can you know. Not all of Islam are terrorist and not all red shirts are ether and you can be sure a fair share of yellow are in fact just as bad as the worst of the other side. To dis agree with that will make you simply another of the blind from ether side. It could be as simple as a nut case that didn't like the latest gas prices.

The best reason for such a stupid attack would be to get posts like this started

"We call them RED SHIRT THAKSINISTA terrorists…

To the red shirt apologists, HONESTLY tell us what percentage of the so called pro democracy reds are OK with this kind of violence (aside from those who are actually acting out violently)? I say a HUGE percentage. By OK I mean psychologically supportive, even silently, and certainly they won't denounce it. Tell me that you actually believe that Isaan would not be DANCING IN THE FIELDS if these thugs had hit their presumed target?

Bottom line: the red shirt movement is a movement that has no qualms about causing bloodshed in Thailand ... red, how apt."

Seems one side has a lot more to gain from the attack then the reds would ever have.

First intelligent post I have seen on the matter. Everyone is so quick to take sides before any evidence of responsibility is known. Have you all been in thailand so long that your loyalty to one side or the other is totally biased? Brutal

Jingthing,

I oppose any type of violent protest. But I can also understand the frustration of Thaksin supporters…

Do you seriously believe that the so called Yellow Shirts would have been more peacefully if ever challenged by the opposition or the police? I don't think so… But anyway. Since protests by Yellow Shirts have been largely tolerated, there has been little confrontation with the police (or Thai military).

They were more than a few times too, and more than a dozen of them have been killed or maimed as a result. Also, their responses were never in the same thuggery manitude as the red shirts'. Where in the hel_l have you been?

A sit-down can never be called terrorism.

No-one was attacked or killed in the 'take over', even if some tourists and others was inconvenienced and it was a stupid move of the people involved.

But label it appropriately and someone might take your posts to have some value.

Oh, and so you know, the police killed and injured more Yellows than any Red's by the military in the clashes.

So, you claim with impunity...that isn't even close to describing the reality.

it was just a sit down was it? I suppose it has had no long lasting effects on the country or the economy either. The fact is they took over the airport causing the need for it to be closed on safety grounds, Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non combatants. Well considering the airport had to be closed for fear of passenger safety then I suggest the 'sit down' was an act of terrorism that caused fear, and that fear led to the closure of the airport.

Then you quote about the police killing and injuring more yellows than the military killed reds, I would like to see published figures on this, however I find that side of your argument pointless, I could always reply that more yellows were killed or injured as they were more of a threat, oh look, I can play with words also.

The fact is (however much you want to deny it) is that the yellows were holding no more a peaceful protest than the reds were, why take guns, bombs etc to a peaceful protest, why employ violent 'guards'? I will tell you why my friend, because they had no intention of holding a peaceful protest and woe betide anyone who got in their way.

Like I said and I will repeat it for the hard of thinking, both sides are as bad as each other, and any attempt to dress up the yellow shirts as anything other than the same violent thugs as the reds is futile and shows a bias that should lead to the rest of your posts being read with a very large pinch of salt.

Anyway the thread is off topic. marks office has been shot at just after comments from his own party that they are not doing enough, so lets deflect that with a few shots at his office swerving the uneducated away from the real issue and towards some non issue.

Is this what the Democrats did to gain power, bought the smaller parties, I seem to remember the amounts paid to the smaller parties being published

Uh, that was TRT buying competition to run against them when the Dems boycotted the 2006 snap election.

Thai PMs office sprayed with bullets

By John Le Fevre

BANGKOK (thaivisa.com): -- Thai police are hunting those responsible for a pre-dawn assault on the head office of Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva’s Democrat Party in Klong Toey this morning.

It was not the PM's office. It was a branch office of the Democratic Party housing a city councilor according to the Bangkok Post.

Is it possible to revise the thread title to more closely follow the facts... so as to avoid future erroneous posts such as...

marks office has been shot

It's been awhile since we've heard from Red Shirter Sae Daeng and I had been wondering what he's been up to lately....

I can guess what he's been up to lately.

3-3.jpg

Ah, I see he is too embarrassed to say anything

having been demoted to Red Shorts Leader.

Gave the Falang intelegentsia an opportunity to come and spew on here along with Thaksin Anguish Network et all.

Didn't even stop to think as usual and all the old favourite cliches were there posted in their "we posted first so we are right"style :D:D .

Probably did it themselves so when they are anhialated at yet another election (bear in mind, the PAD and Democrats havn't won an election this century, yet are in power for the second time in 3 years :) ) the Army can just keep them in power.

You thought force was a good thing when it got rid of the elected Thaksin. To your minds, it should be an even better thing if it gets rid of an unelected clique!

Uh, that was TRT buying competition to run against them when the Dems boycotted the 2006 snap election.

No, this was 2009 when the dems did not have enough seats to form the government after the elected government was disbanded so had to buy politicians from smaller parties. It wasn't that long ago, I am sure you remember

khattiya.jpg

It's been awhile since we've heard from Red Shirter Sae Daeng and I had been wondering what he's been up to lately....

3-3.jpg

From Red sniper to Miss Tiffany contestant? :)

Obviously photo shopped, at least if you are going to post fake pictures admit they are fake

khattiya.jpg

3-3.jpg

Obviously photo shopped, at least if you are going to post fake pictures admit they are fake

I'm not sure which photo you are addressing, but mine was directly from the Red sniper's very own website....

as for Koo82's photo, she said before some of the photos she posts are her own personally taken photos so perhaps she was there at the Red sniper's Miss Tiffany's tryout.

Edited by sriracha john

No, this was 2009 when the dems did not have enough seats to form the government after the elected government was disbanded so had to buy politicians from smaller parties. It wasn't that long ago, I am sure you remember

Ah, yes, making deals to buy back the ones Thaksin bought earlier.

Same same. In most countries this is called horse trading for a coalition.

'This what you get for your next campaign war chest.'

Don't like it, but till more change happens this is how they do it.

are you saying its acceptable when the dems do it and not when TRT did it, or what's good for the goose is good for the ganda? however its worse when those nasty TRT did it than when the Dems did it.

It still seems you are happy to justify for one side whilst slating the other side for the same thing, a little bit of objectivity will go a long way. The fact is the Dems bought seats, whatever happened before, buying seats back etc is not relevant. If I hit your brother then you hit me, your act is still wrong.

For the unpteenth time, both are as bad as each other and any attempts to justify the actions of either side is......... well sad really

khattiya.jpg

3-3.jpg

Obviously photo shopped, at least if you are going to post fake pictures admit they are fakeI

'm not sure which photo you are addressing, but mine was directly from the Red sniper's very own website....

as for Koo82's photo, she said before some of the photos she posts are her own personally taken photos so perhaps she was there at the Red sniper's Miss Tiffany's tryout.

Well if you remember around the time of the gov. house sit in

the Army gave this loose cannon 'general' a punishment for disobeying orders not to train red shirts,

by forcing him to do JUST WHAT YOU SEE, publicly run an womens aerobics class.

So even if Photoshop'd this is based on a true incident.

Shortly there after grenades DID start landing in PAD's encampment in dead of night.

So better to see this guy leading the Red Shorts than the redshirts.

Edited by animatic

are you saying its acceptable when the dems do it and not when TRT did it, or what's good for the goose is good for the ganda? however its worse when those nasty TRT did it than when the Dems did it.

It still seems you are happy to justify for one side whilst slating the other side for the same thing, a little bit of objectivity will go a long way. The fact is the Dems bought seats, whatever happened before, buying seats back etc is not relevant. If I hit your brother then you hit me, your act is still wrong.

For the unpteenth time, both are as bad as each other and any attempts to justify the actions of either side is......... well sad really

How about reading what I say rather than replying to a overview.