Bar Along The Riverside

ThaiMaiYaak

I'm looking for a bar/restaurant we can go to after a river dinner cruise.

There will be approx. 30 of us so I'm looking for a nice scenic place that isn't too expensive ( Please don't recommend the Oriental ! )

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Much appreciated.

You can try The Good View ,Bar and resturant at the end of Thanon Tok good food and music , the best way to get there is head for the intersection of Charoen Krung and Rama 3 and Thanon Tok, most taxis know Thanon Tok

If you want to get slightly off the beaten path, there's a stretch of neat little places opposite side of the river near the little riverwalk area of Phra Padaeng. You can see it on a Google map here:

http://tinyurl.com/knv5pl

There's a ferry at the end of Puchao Samingphrai or you can just drive over via Suksawat. One place called "Rim Nam" (not very creatively) has pretty good food as well, but all of them stick out on wooden piers over the water.

"Be My Guest" right next to the Hilton Millennium. Pretty local restaurant bar with a band every night. Great views of the city and pretty good food as well. Generally some kind of beer promotion.

You can take the shuttle boat for the Millennium and get off and walk directly to the right. You can't miss it. More upscale but not The Oriental is Arun Residence. You can google it and it will give you directions. It's very popular with a great bar on the top deck with restaurant below and a spectacular view of Wat Arun.

"Be My Guest" right next to the Hilton Millennium. Pretty local restaurant bar with a band every night. Great views of the city and pretty good food as well. Generally some kind of beer promotion.

You can take the shuttle boat for the Millennium and get off and walk directly to the right. You can't miss it. More upscale but not The Oriental is Arun Residence. You can google it and it will give you directions. It's very popular with a great bar on the top deck with restaurant below and a spectacular view of Wat Arun.

Thanks very much. I actually went exploring and arrived at this place. However, I chose Yok Yor instead. ( Has website ).

It was a bit of a trek through the alleys but the manager will send a boat to pick us all up from River city.

I will let you know if it was any good....... to be continued.

The food at Yok Yor is pretty good and they also offer a dinner cruise though not as luxurious as some of the other cruises, but the food is much better and you don't have the noisy karoke. Actually you order the food on the boat and it comes from the restaurant before you leave.

Yok Yor restaurant also has a live band but I still like "Be My Guest" as it is smaller and more of a pub/bar to hang whereas Yok Yor is more definitely a restaurant. Enjoy...as both are good options!!

Most of the places listed here are restaurants, more than they are bars, and the atmo won't be all that different from a river cruise. Good View is the closest thing to a bar, with live music etc.

What's the food like at "Good View"?

Is it a place to take a date?

RAZZ

You can try The Good View ,Bar and resturant at the end of Thanon Tok good food and music , the best way to get there is head for the intersection of Charoen Krung and Rama 3 and Thanon Tok, most taxis know Thanon Tok

The Good View is great, and sitting by the water in the evening having a nice drink with the music is an excellent experience. The price is not bad also, I remember Glenmorangie was 1,900 a bottle, with a few bottles of mixers.

Good View is good both as a restaurant and as a riverside place for a drink and night out.

Re the dinner cruise notion, the Dairy Queen Restaurant (I believe in Nonthaburi) (and no, not any relation to the fast food burger place) has its own river dinner cruise and regular restaurant riverside.

What's nice about their river cruise is you just order food from the restaurant, at regular prices, and then they serve it during the cruise. It was a nice cruise and dinner when we went... and I'd rate their cruise better than the Yok Yor that we tried earlier this year.

The Yok Yor boat was big and kind of institutional feeling... The Dairy Queen boat was smaller and more romantic. And I think the food was better as well.

The Good View is great, and sitting by the water in the evening having a nice drink with the music is an excellent experience. The price is not bad also, I remember Glenmorangie was 1,900 a bottle, with a few bottles of mixers.

What a sad end for a good Single Malt :)

All the way from Dornoch Firth to Thailand - only to be drowned in Soda (please, tell me it wasn't Coke!).

Patrick