Reflecting On The Day

Blinky Bill

Just sitting back on the terrace once again with a glass of red, the chicken was just perfect done in the Weber, and wondering what I achieved today.

Basically, stuff all. In between projects at the moment so I've got a little time to spend at home with my wife and son not to mention the dog, cat, rabbit, turtle and fish.

Probably go and belt a few balls around the golf course tomorrow after I drop my son off at school.

Ho hum.

:)

Reason for edit: Forgot to mention I'm listening to some real nice music as well.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Just sitting back on the terrace once again with a glass of red, the chicken was just perfect done in the Weber, and wondering what I achieved today.

Basically, stuff all. In between projects at the moment so I've got a little time to spend at home with my wife and son not to mention the dog, cat, rabbit, turtle and fish.

Probably go and belt a few balls around the golf course tomorrow after I drop my son off at school.

Ho hum.

:D

All I achieved today was reading your post. Busy day.....oh, wait I also had breakfast.

Nice little ZOO you got. Is the rabbit next on the Weber grill? :)

Hmm..

Got a little irate on tv forum :)

Been trying to work out how to adapt a sentence in English to convey the same meaning in Thai (with helpful tv forum members)

Been putting the final touches on an animation short.

Been trying to re-learn css ..although was never very good at in the first place. As my website needs updating.

Realised by dinner time that i forgot to eat lunch. Realised that dinner time was actually a short while ago. I had no idea till now that its already after 11pm!!!

and successfully avoided someone, again, today.

I guess i should be thinking about winding down...

Hmm..

Got a little irate on tv forum :D

Been trying to work out how to adapt a sentence in English to convey the same meaning in Thai (with helpful tv forum members)

Been putting the final touches on an animation short.

Been trying to re-learn css ..although was never very good at in the first place. As my website needs updating.

Realised by dinner time that i forgot to eat lunch. Realised that dinner time was actually a short while ago. I had no idea till now that its already after 11pm!!!

and successfully avoided someone, again, today.

I guess i should be thinking about winding down...

:D Really was a standard day for you then, wasnt it eek :)

Ho hum..another day in paradise !

Wake up early(08:30) check,(read:buy sell or panic mode) the share market for near 4 hours.

No lunch,finish installing a hot water system for the kitchen sink.

Have to go Pantip Plaza for computer bits,on the way to buy 1kg of freshly roasted coffee beans.

Go to the Kawasaki dealership,check out a new model arriving today,go to the bank update passbook ..Looking ok so far,the asx has not belied its 30% rise in 3 months...another new bike may be on the menu after all :)

Finally get home...no beer in fridge..out again to stock up,bars closed tomorrow.

To the Gym for 45 Minutes...burn off some calories so I can replace them again with aformentioned beer.

Phew...and I thought retirement would be about doing nothing !!

Ho hum.

Reason for edit: Forgot to mention I'm listening to some real nice music as well.

Well I'm back in the UK working all day so I can spend sometime in a couple of months time at home with my wife, Son and Daughter and cat while sitting on the terrace and drinking a beer, so make the most of it Blinky :D

Ho hum..another day in paradise !

Wake up early(08:30) check,(read:buy sell or panic mode) the share market for near 4 hours.

No lunch,finish installing a hot water system for the kitchen sink.

Have to go Pantip Plaza for computer bits,on the way to buy 1kg of freshly roasted coffee beans.

Go to the Kawasaki dealership,check out a new model arriving today,go to the bank update passbook ..Looking ok so far,the asx has not belied its 30% rise in 3 months...another new bike may be on the menu after all :)

Finally get home...no beer in fridge..out again to stock up,bars closed tomorrow.

To the Gym for 45 Minutes...burn off some calories so I can replace them again with aformentioned beer.

Phew...and I thought retirement would be about doing nothing !!

What time did you do your ablutions..and did everything come out ok !

Woke up, fell out of bed

dragged a comb across my head

read in the hammock for a couple of hours, had pad grapao for brunch

walked to the land about kilometer away

watered the 4 trees

walked back

and now I'm wasting time til we all go out for a Mother's Day meal in the town, my shout of course

what a life :)

Well, well, Mr Bill, if I might, I would say you managed to achieve in your day something quite remarkable, almost unheard of, in fact, the opening on this forum of a thread with not the slightest connection to Chiangmai, that nevertheless has survived a whole day and is still going strong! Bravo! Hats off!

In the last 24 hours...swam 40 minutes. Aattended a writers' workshop. Cavorted with a much younger Thai. Drank choco milk and Pepsi Max. Slept; rode a CBR about 50 km. Edited manuscript. Nice day but cavorting was the best.

Cavorting.....mmmm pb, your showing your age here.

Have you got any photos or will you get arrested for posting them?

In the last 24 hours...swam 40 minutes. Aattended a writers' workshop. Cavorted with a much younger Thai. Drank choco milk and Pepsi Max. Slept; rode a CBR about 50 km. Edited manuscript. Nice day but cavorting was the best.

Cavorting.....mmmm pb, your showing your age here.

Have you got any photos or will you get arrested for posting them?

Perhaps he could PM them to you if you ask nicely.

Another shitty day in paradise for me....

BTW, BB, it's been a while and if you (or anyone else) fancies it, every thursday night we have a casual evening at Number 1 Bar. I set it up a couple of months ago as an excuse to get out with the dog and now there are a few of us that go regularly, talk motorbike related <deleted>, drink beer and generally have a good time for a few hours. Feel free to join if you are in town.......

Cheers,

Pikey.

Ho hum.

I found the Chiang Mai connection but it was quite subliminal. :D

Ho hum.

BB, nothing achieved so far today (other than talking to a guy in Seeedny for an hour about a job)

Achieved a lot yesterday. Finally got rid of the GF "I hope"

And whilst writing I might ask "have you still got your little black book" I mean contact details for a likely new "replacement" mia :D

I don't really have to say (acquainted as we are) "no commission, no finders fee"

Edited by john b good

Between working and exercising, I feel like I accomplish a lot most days, but yesterday I met with Care For Dogs and we talked about combining abandoned dog and cat care in Chiang Mai and starting to advertise more.

I would love to have places to stay for all the animals who need it and to get most of them fixed so there is not such a big problem, but this is a big dream. Like Lennon said " Imagine"! :)

In a few hours I will go take my Chem 2 final, concluding a fun packed summer of physics and chem, knocking out more on the road to my BS ED Biology and Earth and space science minor. All this because i found a passion for teaching in my 2.5 years of teaching Chiang Mai.